PDA

View Full Version : First anima character help pls.

Zarcusconcord2
2018-01-01, 01:01 PM
I知 am currently trying to build my first anima beyond fantasy character. I知 trying to decide between paladin, dark paladin, or warlock. The idea in my head is a samurai type character who was the only survivor in a battle. He uses magic to inhance is attacks. Was wondering what stats to focus on, any advantages or disadvantages to take. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Lord Raziere
2018-01-01, 05:00 PM
Ok, samurai like character, why does it have to be magic?

Like there are three different magic systems: magic, ki and psychic. all of them can enhance your attacks in some way. but they do it differently.

for magic, you have to stand around casting the spell and NOT fight things with your sword until your magic enhances the sword. Since your character is about fighting things with sword, why not take ki instead? it will more consistently do that without taking time out of combat to cast a spell just to enchant your sword when you can just do a ki technique that enhances your sword instantly as apart of the attack. unless your planning on somehow getting the rate at which you gather your zeon for a spell up faster, since while magic is more flexible than ki, its all about classic "I stand here and chant for a few turns to unleash a spell" robe and wizard hat style kind of magic, unless your planning on your samurai to be a samurai themed wizard who really like casting spells on his sword and hitting people with it.

so if you are just aiming for supernatural fighting power because ki is the magic system to go for that in Anima, magic is more about becoming a wizardly god in the path of magic you choose, while psychic is dependent on skill checks I think. like if your really set on magic, its ok, it'll still work, you'll still be a powerful force to be feared, but ki is more instant and better suited if you want this most efficiently for a character who just enhances his attacks with his supernatural power.

I just want to know your reasoning why magic instead of ki before we do anything else please?

Zarcusconcord2
2018-01-01, 05:33 PM
I haven稚 really looked at ki before. that was one thing I noticed is that magic takes a lot of time to gather. I will definitely take a look into ki. Thanks a lot.