PDA

View Full Version : Infinite +1 gear

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-01, 08:17 PM
Hey GitP. I think I have found a way to give a character permanent +1 armor and weapons. So first i'll just say that I have not looked into the coffeelock but this should work acording to the_brazenburn. You make a coffeelock and give it one level of forge domain cleric because at first they get " you gain the ability to imbue magic into a weapon or armor. At the end of a long rest, you can touch one nonmagical object that is a suit of armor or a simple or martial weapon. Until the end of your next long rest or until you die, the object becomes a magic item, granting a +1 bonus" When you add the coffeelock you don't have to take long rests (i think) so the effect is almost permanent. So comments, suggestions? Does this work?

PloxBox
2018-01-01, 08:22 PM
Not really necessary, as the forge domain cleric can just reimbue the same item after the long rest is complete.

rooneg
2018-01-01, 08:22 PM
Hey GitP. I think I have found a way to give a character permanent +1 armor and weapons. So first i'll just say that I have not looked into the coffeelock but this should work acording to the_brazenburn. You make a coffeelock and give it one level of forge domain cleric because at first they get " you gain the ability to imbue magic into a weapon or armor. At the end of a long rest, you can touch one nonmagical object that is a suit of armor or a simple or martial weapon. Until the end of your next long rest or until you die, the object becomes a magic item, granting a +1 bonus" When you add the coffeelock you don't have to take long rests (i think) so the effect is almost permanent. So comments, suggestions? Does this work?

How is this mechanically any better than just touching the same item every time you wake up? It still goes away if you ever take a long rest or die, and you're never able to touch a second item because you never take a long rest.

Kane0
2018-01-01, 08:55 PM
Can't you get the same thing using the Improved Pact Weapon invocation without having to take a level in Cleric?

Mellack
2018-01-01, 09:09 PM
Your coffeelock has no advantage over any other forge cleric as they can also always have a +1 weapon or armor every day. It actually adds in a minor disadvantage as it is much less likely you will be able to change yours as conditions alter. A regular cleric can decide every day if they want that bonus to offense or defense. A coffeelock doesn't want to take long rests, so they have a lot less chances to change out their magic item.