PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Casting spells through undead minions

TrillQaz
2018-01-02, 08:02 AM
Hello there,

my google-fu has failed me miserably so I came here for help. :smallfrown:

Does anyone know a way to cast spells through controlled undead minions and/or controlling their actions telepathically, without speaking? :smallcool:

All best!
Trill,

Mike Miller
2018-01-02, 10:03 AM
Perhaps not exactly what you want, but there is an Undead Familiar feat that would let you have an undead familiar. Then you could have your undead familiar deliver touch spells.

Zaq
2018-01-02, 10:18 AM
It’s got some intense limitations, but Imbue With Spell Ability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/imbueWithSpellAbility.htm) is core.

BWR
2018-01-02, 10:21 AM
I know there were one or two ways to do this in 2e and I think maybe some 3rd party stuff can do it but I'm unaware of an official 3e method.

KillingAScarab
2018-01-02, 10:33 AM
A cleric who channels negative energy can command undead mentally. If Pathfinder is available, an undead bloodline sorcerer could use dominate person on undead which were formerly humanoid. As for casting spells, Complete Arcane has the spell-stitched template to add spell-like abilities.

Deophaun
2018-01-02, 11:01 AM
and/or controlling their actions telepathically, without speaking? :smallcool:Shadows of the Last War has the spell undead eyes which allows exactly that for mindless undead, in addition to giving you remote sensing through the target.

For intelligent undead, animate a diminutive creature, give it a pearl of speech, then use undead eyes to relay commands through it.