PDA

View Full Version : Traveling Zoo! (Help me flesh it out.)

SMac8988
2018-01-02, 02:40 PM
For my soon to start campaign of level 1 characters they will be entering a small town ship in the mist of celebrating the Bloom Festival, a celebration to the end of winter, along with the wedding of the Baron's Son. Between games, events, shows and other celebration I have decided to have a small traveling Zoo be in the town ran by an old Russian gentleman names Basco.

I am thinking it will be a minor plot point, being something to be used against the town and party, when one of the beasts is let loosed.

I am looking for advice on what type of creatures would be interesting to a small forest community to see locked in cages. The party is level 1, so most of what they will see will also be of amazement to the party as well. Suggestions on an interesting beast to be let loose to fight the level 1 party as well would be awesome.

Thank for the help!

Aett_Thorn
2018-01-02, 02:46 PM
Well, if they are in a small forest town in the north, then creatures from the south would be extreme and unknown to them. So things like Lions, Rhinoceros (Rhinoceri?), Elephants, etc. Or you could always go with the ever popular dire camel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?83032-Dire-camels-in-a-swamp)

Regitnui
2018-01-02, 06:40 PM
Depending on magic level, something with a low-level ability, or a dinosaur, tropical mammal or reasonably harmless monstrosity.

Well, if they are in a small forest town in the north, then creatures from the south would be extreme and unknown to them. So things like Lions, Rhinoceros (Rhinoceri?)

Rhinos, really.