PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Abberration themed puzzle

TundraBuccaneer
2018-01-02, 06:09 PM
Hi I want to make a puzzle that could hide an artefact that holds the bone of an aberration, and I was planning to put it in a pedestal with a mirror about 3 feet behind it. and ether the artefact or players wouldn't be visible in the mirror.

But I can think of any decent way of doing this puzzle, so I would like some help. I would like a puzzle that is weird and alien since its in a dark deep cave with aberrations (rangers favoured enemy). It doesn't have to be the mirror thing if you have a idea that helps I would be very grateful.
Its for a group of 5, lvl2 characters. 2rangers, a cleric, a bard and a rogue.

Unoriginal
2018-01-02, 06:31 PM
Hi I want to make a puzzle that could hide an artefact that holds the bone of an aberration, and I was planning to put it in a pedestal with a mirror about 3 feet behind it. and ether the artefact or players wouldn't be visible in the mirror.

But I can think of any decent way of doing this puzzle, so I would like some help. I would like a puzzle that is weird and alien since its in a dark deep cave with aberrations (rangers favoured enemy). It doesn't have to be the mirror thing if you have a idea that helps I would be very grateful.
Its for a group of 5, lvl2 characters. 2rangers, a cleric, a bard and a rogue.

Ask them to make 6 squares with 12 equal-length sticks (and using *all* of them), without breaking them or crossing them, maybe?

Regitnui
2018-01-02, 06:37 PM
Something reliant on logical thought, so that cultists or fellow aberrations don't try to recover the item. Perhaps the Towers of Hanoi?