PDA

View Full Version : Nobles Ic

Savarin
2018-01-04, 01:39 PM
This is for any chat between nobles. Feel free to post :)

Fliggl
2018-01-04, 02:03 PM
Marco Catalan

Hey! You see that dwarf?
He's mine! If he survives... Hahahaha he said to the other nobles

Legendary Hero
2018-01-04, 02:17 PM
Edward looks at you Very well. If nobody else chosen him I would have claimed him for myself. Edward says looking for another’s gladiator he might take.

Savarin
2018-01-04, 03:46 PM
Draco says “That was a quick kill. I don’t see the reason he tried show boating it at the end.” He says thinking of the kill.

Glunder “He might make a fine gladiator someday. I’ll send my cloth to him.”

Draco “As will I.”

(You guys have any input on this?)

Legendary Hero
2018-01-04, 03:56 PM
I will pass on this one. Not the type I am looking for. Edward says with a shrug. But not happy with this batch of contestants

Fliggl
2018-01-04, 03:59 PM
I'm not interested... he feels too comfortable. But look at the dwarf waiting over there. He looks desperate. And this makes fights more... funny

Savarin
2018-01-04, 04:04 PM
As no one mentions the second fighter Ka’ak who just won his bout a man walks up What about the new fighter Ka’ak?

Draco just waves his hand dismissing the muscle bound man that couldn’t deliver a quick kill. Glunder shrugs also dismissing him.

(What about you guys?)

Legendary Hero
2018-01-04, 04:13 PM
He isn't what I'm looking for also so I to will pass. Edward says

Fliggl
2018-01-04, 04:22 PM
not really. I want to see his next fight, maybe then...

Savarin
2018-01-04, 06:50 PM
As the large Goliath slammed the lizard man into the ground it sent a ripple through the nobles Draco perked up wanting to claim this man same with Glunder!

(What about you guys?)

Legendary Hero
2018-01-04, 06:55 PM
I'm taking this Goliath here. You can fight over the rest. The Goliath and Girl are both coming with me. Edward says leaving a tone that makes it hard to say otherwise. With a wave of his hand Edward walks to the pits lord room where he can retrieve the gladiators he wants to sponsor.

Fliggl
2018-01-05, 12:51 AM
I want this dwarf! Lapislatsuli, hand him our clothes! Hurry! he said to his guard without any spark of respect in his voice.

Savarin
2018-01-05, 09:36 AM
Lapislatsuli walks to the pits going to retrieve the gladiator for you.

Savarin
2018-01-05, 10:46 PM
Draco and Glunder looked at the Minotaur seeing his power but also his uncontrollable rage neither of the chooses him. The last wave they were interested with the gladiator who killed his opponent witn a chain. Not the one who bashed in the others skull to a pulp.

(Any for you Marco? Edward didn’t get a chance to see the fights.)

Fliggl
2018-01-06, 01:32 AM
(Any for you Marco? Edward didn’t get a chance to see the fights.)

I'm downstairs with the dwarf, havn't seen the minotaurus either

Fliggl
2018-01-06, 02:14 AM
Savarin, how does this sponsoring work?

Savarin
2018-01-06, 10:59 AM
Savarin, how does this sponsoring work?

You cloth your person in your lords symbol so people know who it is you can provide equipment and armor for them. You have to feed and house them.

Entry fee is 250g per fight.
If your sponsored gladiator dies you have to pay their level x1000 gold to winner. You can sell your gladiator for half that price,
If your gladiator wins you get 1000gxcr of opponent you can also bet on your gladiator fights too.mainly stuff like that.

Savarin
2018-01-10, 12:14 PM
Lord Edward of Noirryn sits down awaiting his gladiators fight being the first to request one.

(Fliggi introduces his noble?)

Draco walks next to Edward and asks Who is your man fighting against? Will it be an interesting showing? Draco laughs. That quickly subsides as three orges and a Minotaur enter the ring. He eyes widen You must be crazy to think he has a chance.

Fliggl
2018-01-10, 12:32 PM
A young girl enters the noble's balcony. Nobody had seen her yesterday. She's not even 20 years old but it seems that she knows what she wants. Beside her is standing a man, not much older than her, and with a similar face. On his armor there's a blazon showing a katana and a rapier surrounding a violin.

Where can I bet? This seems to be an interesting fight! she said.

Legendary Hero
2018-01-10, 02:05 PM
Same I will bet in favor for my man against his foes. Edward says his voice unwavering. As he summons a large bag of gold from his ring to pass to the booky.

Edward will go all in but the other lords might just think he is really rich. He is playing it cool to increase his prestige also.

Savarin
2018-01-10, 02:10 PM
The books struggles under the weight of gold Edward gives him saying Odds are 1:36 against the Goliath Draco laughs as he hands the books 5000 gold against the Goliath Easy Gold. Looks like Lord Edward isn’t going to be a Lord much longer.

Fliggl
2018-01-10, 03:08 PM
1:36? Here are 5000 for the goliath.
It looks like you trust your... protegee
Why shouldn't I

Legendary Hero
2018-01-10, 04:45 PM
I have complete faith in my warrior. He will win this fight. Edward says looking to the girl and what could be her brother. I would never risk my men in a fight that they don’t have a chance of winning. I will give them the upper hand. He might not trust or believe in me. But I would never throw away any of my peoples lives. Edward looks down to see Abjar take the Minotaurs powerful charge head on and not get injured in the slightest.

If that’s the beast those creatures can do they will not be able to best him. Edward says allowing a small smile to rise on his lips.

Legendary Hero
2018-01-10, 07:45 PM
Seeing the Minotaur fall under Abjars Strike Edward applauded him. Enjoying the fact that his enemies have yet to hit a single solid blow to Abjar.

Savarin
2018-01-10, 09:28 PM
Some servants came to Edward carrying bags and bags of gold. Edward quickly added the contents to his ring not letting it stay out for long

2,610,227 9sp from bet +13,000 for gladiator winning. O.o oh my...
185,000gold to the lady still oh my o.o

Draco looked furious How can this be! I demand a refund! He says to one of the servants as they tried to explain that they can’t.

Legendary Hero
2018-01-10, 09:31 PM
Edward smiles knowing he has enough wealth now to help his people. I believe I must go and look over my good sir. As Edward and his guards walk to the pits.

Fliggl
2018-01-11, 12:54 AM
Congratulations and... thanks! she shouted after the noble which was rushing to his gladiator.

Savarin
2018-01-11, 10:11 AM
Ruborn wiping some tears off his face says My lords and ladies bettings for today will be canceled due to almost all our arena funds disappearing my apologies. He said bowing.

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 10:37 AM
Salute Ruborn!
Not your best day, isn't it? Seems like you're running out of fighters... if you are willing, I think we could make a deal!

There's nothing to loose for you. Nothing left! Hahahahaha

Savarin
2018-01-12, 10:45 AM
What do you have in mind? he replied

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 10:55 AM
You're in need of fighters, right? Let me recrute some for you.

But lets talk where we are more private, okay?

Savarin
2018-01-12, 11:59 AM
Okay fliggi What are you trying to do :smallconfused:

Ruborn leads you into a room next to the pits

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 12:54 PM
Samantha, Logan and Ruborn (OOC: and one of his man?) now could talk without everybody listening. It's business. But maybe a little bit over the law.

You need “participants“ for your arena, right? And I could “recrute“ them for you. All I need is a “carriage“ for the “sportsmen“ and some “trainer“ from you.

Savarin
2018-01-12, 01:49 PM
I don’t have much support to give until later tonight. We are trying to retrieve some of our lost gold Ruborn implied about Edward. Afterwards I will help you to ‘recruit’ Ruborn says smiling.

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 02:13 PM
I didn't say anything about money... All I need is a wagon to carry the poor souls into the pits. And a handful of men to protect me.

Sooner I start, sooner the fights continue!

Savarin
2018-01-12, 02:30 PM
Ruborn nods letting you use 6 or his arena guards and two carts as he goes to recruit Draco to assist the attack on Edward...

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 03:17 PM
Wut? Attacking Edward? You are a evil DM :smallbiggrin:

Samantha giggles as Ruborn accepted their deal. She started playing her violin as she talked to her brother. They made a plan when they will “recrute“ the new ones.

-------------------------

Later the day the deBurgers and the 6 guards started their tour. Everytime they came to a more populated area around the arena, Samantha started playing her violin to gather the people around her.

When a bigger number has gathered she starts picking the strong looking and talks to them. Or better flirt with them. They should help her AND they now has the ultimate chance to earn some easy money. All they have to do is showing some strength. (She discribes it as some Bodybuilding flexing stuff).

When they are willing she leads them behind the corner where the others are waiting and *ambush zack knockout* they are in the wagon.

That's the plan. Here are some rolls:
Perform (violin) [roll0]
Perform (oratory) [roll1]
Bluff [roll2]
Diplomacy [roll3]

Savarin
2018-01-12, 03:27 PM
well if some one made off with 2,500,000 of your gold and was still close what would you do? :smallbiggrin:

You gathered 3d6 men who can be gladiators! [roll0]

As you arrived back into the arena later the next morning with the men you gathered you see 4 men and one angry Ruborn How did you let them best you! I even let you have the precious manticores to fight them with!

“S-Sir...it was Edward. He fought like a devil incarnate. The manticores barely lasted against him let alone us. That Goliath abjar Cut down a few of us also! We didn’t stand a chance.” The man said head lowered...

(What do you do?)

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 04:10 PM
Samantha looked at the 4 men and started laughing

They attacked Edward? How much? 15? 20? You know that Abjar is with him? And you know what this Goliath is able to do...

Whatever. Here are 11 new slaves. Collected in one day. Give me a week and you can start new fights

Savarin
2018-01-12, 04:17 PM
“We had a dozen men and two manticores... we were defeated in less then a minute” The man replies to Samantha trying to reclaim som elf his pride.

Ruborn looking over the bodies nods his approval It will be a fight every week then. This gives us a chance to repair some of our loses. He says pleased. Thinking it over. What would you send against lord Edward and his men? They only have 4 able fighters. We only have a week before they reach his borders as well.

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 04:32 PM
You have to find someone who is ten times stronger than Abjar (OOC: or ten levels higher)! But where to find in such a short time?

And if you can't do it by pur force, do it by numbers! A dozen man? This is a joke Ruborn and you know it! You need more! And maybe I know where they are.

Have you ever heard of the bitterleaf goblins? Nasty little buggers, I tell you. They are fighting just with clubs and spears! You know why?

Savarin
2018-01-12, 04:50 PM
(All those men were lvl 3 btw)

The best I had to send. Tell me your plans we don’t have much time. Ruborn says (he only has 140000gold left.)

Which monsters are you trying to send?

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 04:59 PM
This is so good!

They... Are... Riding...

Rustmonster!

And they are goblins so their number is plenty!
All you have to do - and I will be your Ambassador - is to bribe the ruling darkskin orcs. If I'm rushing, they're two days away.

And before you ask: you don't have to do - or pay - anything. You owe me a favor that's all!

Savarin
2018-01-12, 05:23 PM
Very well I wish you haste. If we kill Edward this arena will be prosperous again.

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 06:18 PM
Believe me, it will.

Samantha packs their stuff and let saddle her and Logans horse.
They were riding southern. Two days in the saddle, this will be a hard time.

Now they were recruiting more and more man on their way but this time conventional. Samantha told everyone who looks strong enough to stand a fight that the arena is seeking for new gladiators. The arena which made the goliath Abjar famous!

She showed 3 Humans, 1 Dwarf and 1 Goliath the way to the Arena (OOC: change this if you want!)

On the second day at the evening they arrived at the border to the darkskins.

show us the way to your chief! she said in orcish.

Diplomacy [roll0]

Savarin
2018-01-12, 06:33 PM
Feeling unable to resist they showed you to a very Powerful looking dark skin Orc chieftain What do you want and who are you to think to command my orcs? He said deeply

Fliggl
2018-01-12, 07:12 PM
I'm Samantha deBurger and this is my brother Logan. she said and bowed down. Logan went to his knee.

After a few moments both stood again. Then she said:
I know you don't like humans but I know also that you are clever enough to make a deal with us which grants you more wealth and more power!
All you have to do is to fight some humans and a goliath.
The goliath is Abjar. The one who defeated a minotaur and 3 ogres at once.
The human is some noble. Lord Edward of Noirryn. I heard he is strong.

Would you like to be the Killer of Abjar?

Back to business! Number one: I want you to stop them. Edward I want alive.
Number two: I need fighter, monster and Gladiators for the arena. You will get payed.

That's all. Just fighting and kidnapping.

One final note: send the bitterleafs first. Lot of them!

What do you think?

For Samantha there's no need to bluff or lie. She says straight what she thinks is best. And if she can make the darkskins her allies, she will be one step closer.

Diplomacy [roll0] how convincing is she?

Savarin
2018-01-12, 07:20 PM
(Very convincing.)

Ill ride out and challenge this Lord is he is so powerful. As for the amount you said for 4 skilled warriors I would need a raiding party of 10-15 orcs. The bittleleafs I have a few. Why do you want them dead so badly? The massive orc said.

He is a level 10 Orc Barbarian with an elite arrary :smalleek:

Savarin
2018-01-12, 07:25 PM
[roll0] Goblins and mounts level (2)
[roll1] Orcs (level 4)

(Think it’s enough fliggi?)

Fliggl
2018-01-13, 12:50 AM
Lets say they offeded one of my clients. And I'm just an ambassador - personally not interested in Lord Edward.

It seems we have a deal, Wogarh Blackheart, killer of Abjar?

Don't know if the numbers are enough. We will see. Just remember to send them in two waves. We won't let the Rusties eat Wogarhs gear, right?

Savarin
2018-01-13, 11:59 AM
Lets say they offeded one of my clients. And I'm just an ambassador - personally not interested in Lord Edward.

It seems we have a deal, Wogarh Blackheart, killer of Abjar?

Don't know if the numbers are enough. We will see. Just remember to send them in two waves. We won't let the Rusties eat Wogarhs gear, right?

Orc CR 7
XP 3200
Chaotic Evil Large Humanoid
Barbarian level 5 (skill points 32) Animal Handler
Init -1; Senses Darkvision 60; Listen +5; Spot +0
DEFENSE
AC 11, Touch 8, flat footed 11 ( Hide, Shield, none)
(-1 Dex, -1 size, +3 armor)
hp 100 (5d8+5d12+40);
Fort +12, Ref +1, Will +2
Sensitivity to Light dazzled in bright sunlight
OFFENSE
Speed 30
Melee
Single Attack(+2/+2) Battle axe +19 (2d6+15 X3)
or Javelin +6 (1d8+9)
Full Attack
(+2/+2) Battle axe +19/14 (2d6+15 X3)
or Javelin +6/1 (1d8+9) range 30
Space 10ft 2x2ft.; Reach 5ft
Special Attacks
Rage +4 Con +4 Str +2 Will save -2 AC. Per day = 2
STATISTICS
Str 28, Dex 9, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8
Base Attack 8 Grapple 21
Feats
Armour Prof Light,
Armour Prof Medium,
Diehard: Remain conscious at -1 to -9 hp,
Endurance: +4 on checks to resist non-lethal damage,
Martial Weap Prof,
Power Attack: Subtract from to hit add to damage,
Shield Proficiency: Can use shields,
Simple Weapon Proficiency,
Weapon Focus: +1 to attack rolls
Skills Climb 12, Handle Animal 4, Hide -8, Intimidate 5, Jump 11, Listen 5, Ride 1, Spot 0, Survival 5, Swim 3
Languages Common, Orc
ECOLOGY
Environment Temperate hills
Organization Squad 11-20, Gang 2-4, Band 30-100
Treasure Standard
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Fast movement Land Movement raised by 10
Illiteracy Cannot Read/Write
Improved Uncanny Dodge Can no longer be flanked
Trap Sense Reflex save and AC when dealing with traps bonus 1
Uncanny Dodge Retains Dex bonus if flat footed

(Also what are you offering him for killing them? Abjars fame hasn’t spread that far yet!)

Fliggl
2018-01-13, 12:17 PM
You haven't heard of Abjar, Champion of the arena? Ohhh, you will soon! But if the fame isn't enough for you, I offer you 10.000 gold pieces for his head and 2.000 for each of his hands! “Disarm“ him!

Do we have a deal?

he's a beast! But to be honest, I don't know if he survives :((

Savarin
2018-01-13, 12:23 PM
He has 11 goblin riders on 11 rustmonster mounts
With another 12 lvl 3 Orc Barbarians
Combined with his lvl 10 self. :)

My calculator said it was unbeatable for a lvl 10 but then again so was Abjars :smalleek: what would you suggest?

Whats to say I don’t kill you hear and take the gold early. Wogarh says. Drawing a Greataxe from the table as a few orcs surround you.

Also Wogarhs name can from the last Orc boss you fought lol. That’s why I thought it was funny :)

Fliggl
2018-01-13, 12:48 PM
You don't kill me right now because you are - like I said before - clever! You think in the long run. A decent monthly income for something you do anyway... who would say no?

I got it with the name. Wrote it to you via pm...
This encounter looks really terrifying, but Edward and Abjar together are not to underestimate.

Savarin
2018-01-13, 03:12 PM
Fine.Gold first. Where is this Edward and Abjar? Wogarh says as his men start to gear up.

By the time they’d catch up it will be when there is only Signar and abjar with Edward so 3 vs 35 :smallbiggrin:

Fliggl
2018-01-13, 03:45 PM
Samantha winked and Logan handed over a sack of gold.
wait! How do I transport 220k of gold? Can I have this Handy Haverring, too? 2.000gp right?

Here are the 10.000 for Abjars head. They are on the way to Noirryn. You should hurry.

I will wait at the arena of Avastrath. There you can bring new Gladiators also.

Have fun at the hunt!