PDA

View Full Version : Gladiators and Nobles the pits (ic)

Savarin
2018-01-04, 02:00 PM
Pits for the gladiators watching the fight to talk and stuff.

Fliggl
2018-01-04, 04:36 PM
As Ka'ak enters the pits he demolished the first table he could find. What a poor show!

Greenflame133
2018-01-04, 04:38 PM
Can't say my was much better either. Guy dropped death before landing a single hit"

In4Dimensions
2018-01-04, 04:41 PM
I barely touched my foe before he crumpled to the ground in a lifeless heap of flesh.

Greenflame133
2018-01-04, 04:44 PM
"perhaps a dual between us would be more interesting. On the other hand making an alliance can be more reasonable"

Savarin
2018-01-04, 04:54 PM
Two men at arms walked into the pits one with a tiger on a sun cloth the other onewith a wolf cloth.

The Sun tiger and Wolf clothes went to Zaltor. As the troll already has his wolf.

Cavir
2018-01-04, 08:41 PM
The goliath walks into the pits smiling with an unconscious lizardman over his shoulder. He goes to an out of the way corner and puts his former foe on the floor sitting up. He has a slave remove their ankle chains. He looks around the other gladiators to see who is left.

"A brief but fun start. He'll wake up, but not soon. What happens now? Another fight?" While waiting for someone to answer him he reviews the weapons and shields on the wall.

In4Dimensions
2018-01-04, 09:29 PM
The goliath walks into the pits smiling with an unconscious lizardman over his shoulder. He goes to an out of the way corner and puts his former foe on the floor sitting up. He has a slave remove their ankle chains. He looks around the other gladiators to see who is left.

"A brief but fun start. He'll wake up, but not soon. What happens now? Another fight?" While waiting for someone to answer him he reviews the weapons and shields on the wall.
I’d spar with you if you’d like. I won’t kill you, but I won’t pull punches.

Cavir
2018-01-04, 10:46 PM
Abjar looks downward at the human, then shrugs his shoulders. "More arena fights today? Should stay ready for them. Maybe later we spar for fun. I'm Abjar."

Savarin
2018-01-04, 10:54 PM
Two servants walk into the pits and walk to the Goliath looking at weapons one passed you a white cloth with a golden Phoenix on it.

“Lord Edward is awaiting you in the hall gladiator we urge you to come right away.” The servants motion you to follow them.

They motion you into this thread. I’ll post them opening the door for you in a second :) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?546434-Lord-Edwards-of-Noirryn-IC)

In4Dimensions
2018-01-04, 11:56 PM
Abjar looks downward at the human, then shrugs his shoulders. "More arena fights today? Should stay ready for them. Maybe later we spar for fun. I'm Abjar."
Yes, later is better.

Drakeburn
2018-01-05, 01:17 AM
The dwarf had finally made it to the pits, after dragging in his unconscious opponent across the floor.

He stops for a moment to sit down on the orc to take a short rest.

Cavir
2018-01-05, 08:13 AM
Abjar nods to the human that offered to spar. He listens to the servant's request, shrugs his shoulder then follows them to the next hall.

Savarin
2018-01-05, 09:34 AM
A man holding a banner and a cloth with a boar on it walks to the dwarf handed him the cloth. Asking him to go to his lords presence at once.

His ic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?546436-Marco-Catalan-Ic)

Fliggl
2018-01-05, 09:57 AM
A man holding a banner and a cloth with a boar bull on it walks to the dwarf handed him the cloth. Asking him to go to his lords presence at once.

His ic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?546436-Marco-Catalan-Ic)

Fixed that for you ;)

Drakeburn
2018-01-05, 02:54 PM
Signar gives the man a growl as he is given the cloth. He was not in a good mood, and didn't want to have anything to do with some noble who thinks that having lots of money makes them better than him or the other gladiators here. At first the dwarf just stares angrily at the man without budging. Then with a sigh, he gets up and follows the man to the lord he works for. Whoever that may be.

Greenflame133
2018-01-05, 02:56 PM
"well that was boring day.. guess gold is gold"

Drakeburn
2018-01-06, 06:40 PM
After a moment of absence, the dwarf returns to the pits. But he stops first at the wall, browsing the weapons and shields that were there. Then he takes a wooden shield and a warhammer before he goes sit in a corner to inspect the things he took from the wall.

The warhammer wasn't made by dwarven hands, but it was better than nothing. The dwarf couldn't help but to let out a smug look on his face as he thought about the tiefling lord that threw him out.

Savarin
2018-01-07, 05:41 PM
Ruborn walks into the pits surveying the remaining contenders that weren’t picked. Slaves back to your cells. You will be required to fight tomorrow as like everyday. almost dozen slaves moved into the cells. The few remaining freeman were injured and not sure if they can continue. Up to you lot if you would like to return tomorrow. Ruborn says.

So a 9slaves in arena (including Sigur)
5 freemen (Including Ka’ak)
Rest of the 4 PCs are elsewhere.

Fliggl
2018-01-07, 06:00 PM
Today was a bad day. Tomorrow I will make a good show!

Drakeburn
2018-01-08, 01:37 PM
Signar scowls at Ruborn and takes longer than the other slaves to get back to his cell, but not before putting the shield and warhammer back on the wall. It felt good to have a weapon in his hand again while it lasted. But it makes Signar wonder how long will it be before he has to use it again, and how long will he be able to survivor as a gladiator?

Savarin
2018-01-08, 02:18 PM
Some of the slaves broke down under panic. Others resigned themselves to their fate.

(Anything you do before tomorrow?)

Savarin
2018-01-08, 10:32 PM
A guard in the pits walked up and down the metal cages holding you slamming a metal rod against them waking you up.

Wakey wakey you filth! Time for you to prepare for today’s fight! Don’t die to quickly. Put up a show for the people with your worthless lives! he spat at one of the slaves. No food was provided this morning. None last night either as you feel your belly rumble hunger setting in.

Cages were opened letting the slaves prepare themselves for their fates today.

Drakeburn
2018-01-09, 12:30 AM
"That's an awful lot of words for 'good morning.'" Signar remarked as he stepped out of his cage and followed the other slaves.
The other slaves might've been broken in spirit, but not him. He was never going to break, not for anybody.

Fliggl
2018-01-10, 06:07 AM
Ka'ak stood up early. Before the guard made the noise he was ready with his morning exercises and finished his meditation.

He was prepared to fight.

Legendary Hero
2018-01-10, 09:38 PM
Lord Edward of Noirryn walks into the pits with his guards in tow to claim his powerful warrior. Smelling the stench of the slaves he frowns. Seeing abjar walk back in from the pit he walks up and clasps his arm in greeting You did well Abjar. Let us leave here and get you a nice meal for your first victory! As Edward was about to the he looks over the slaves once more and motions to the guard.

Free them all. Edward says holding out a bag of 10,000 gold coins. To each of you. If you do not have a land to return to you can come with me to my lands. You can help guard them or settle down and work the land as farmers. Your free men now. You do not have to follow me if you do not wish it. holding out smaller bags of gold. Each bag contains 100gold coins. I hope it is enough to get you where you want to go.

Edward leaves with abjar. Leaving Nazim to make sure the slaves are released.

Savarin
2018-01-10, 09:46 PM
Oops totally misspelled Nazims name sorry!

The slaves shocked from both Abjars strength and Lord Edwards generosity were stunned. Until a guard came to unshackle the chains that bind them.

Cavir
2018-01-10, 10:00 PM
Abjar returned to the pits. He was still breathing heavy, full of adrenaline. He seemed to be in a daze, but internally his mind was racing, reliving in his mind the fight that should have never been tried but yet was won. He allowed himself to be guided along, but he was oblivious to what was going on around him.

Drakeburn
2018-01-10, 11:54 PM
Signar's eyes widened with surprise that a noble had come down to free him and the other slaves, and had given them one hundred gold coins each.

"Why?" The dwarf asked as he accepted bag of money.

"Why would you do this for us?"

Greenflame133
2018-01-11, 01:17 AM
Erick walks into the pit. He gives up on trying to walk normally. "perhaps today I will get a better fight"

Legendary Hero
2018-01-11, 01:18 AM
(Before leaving)

I am the Lord of the Noirryn people. Regardless of our differences I wouldn’t have wanted your fate to any of my people. I freed you because you all have a place to belong not a place without hope and death. I will give you your freedom. Use it well and live your life the way you want it. I hope you all find what it is you desire. I will take my men and leave now. Tonight I will start my journey back to Noirryn. If any of you need a place to call home we will accept you as friends. Edward leaves with Abjar.

Drakeburn
2018-01-11, 12:35 PM
Signar did the best he could to not cry. After going through so much hardships, he was finally free. Instead, he put on his best stern face for the supposed "Lord of Noirryn" and the freed slaves. As the noble went his way, the dwarf turned to go on his own way out. But then he stopped and thought about something. His home was very far away, and traveling there with 100 gold coins, or anything of the same worth, would be dangerous. He could be ambushed by a number of things along the way. Or worse, recaptured and sold again as a slave. That was something he didn't want to repeat.

With a groan, Signar hurries over to the noble who freed him.
"Not so fast 'Lord of Noirryn.' I've decided to take you up on your offer."

Savarin
2018-01-11, 12:49 PM
Move to Lord Edwards of Noirryn ic and join the feast celebrating Abjars fight. :smallsmile:

Legendary Hero
2018-01-11, 02:26 PM
Very well.

You arrive at his manor and are directed to the diner room with a large feast being eaten by servants and the Goliath who was the first to fight in the arena. Enjoy the feast. I’m Edward of Noirryn. Did catch your name. when you tell him Sigur good name. Enjoy the food. we are leaving shortly after.

(Ic of Edwards let you know why)