PDA

View Full Version : Small change to sorcerer--is this unbalanced? Opinions welcome

Jack Bitters
2018-01-04, 09:44 PM
I've been wondering for a while if it would be unbalanced if the sorcerer's Twin metamagic read
When you cast a spell that targets only one creature or object and doesn't have a range of self, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell's level to target a second creature or object in range with the same spell...

Mainly I just want to be able to twin Holy Weapon with a divine soul sorcerer, or elemental weapon with a sorcerer-bard multiclass, etc. Does this seem overpowered? What are your thoughts?

Gardakan
2018-01-04, 10:46 PM
I've been wondering for a while if it would be unbalanced if the sorcerer's Twin metamagic read

Mainly I just want to be able to twin Holy Weapon with a divine soul sorcerer, or elemental weapon with a sorcerer-bard multiclass, etc. Does this seem overpowered? What are your thoughts?

Twinning Spell with a Divine Soul is already quite good.

Twin Healing Word
Twin Sanctuary

These two are your bread'n'butter early on.

Spiritual Weapon is a nice bonus if you have no plan on using your bonus actions for other things (which I keep open for healing word normally, it's so efficient, it's ranged and it's scaling).

Animate Object has already a weird wording for what you want.

Twinning a spell let you grab Haste... and have Sanctuary avaialble in case it goes horribly wrong (the gamble is now often safe).