PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Franchise Character Tiering

JBPuffin
2018-01-05, 12:42 AM
There's an ad running for a game called Ficsation, and I like the idea behind it...but I want something a bit different. Something core to the idea of crossover in my mind is the idea that no two worlds are equal. With that in mind, I want some help coming up with "Tiers" for various fantasy characters. What I have right now isn't granular enough for me.

Current series: Less-Than-Mundane (Magikarp, Jar Jar Binks; the characters who are actively less useful than a normal person for one reason or another), Mundane (most horror movie or slice-of-life characters and the average real-world person; normal people), Above Mundane (Resident Evil protags, 1st-level AD&D characters, Warhammer 40k Guardsmen; more training or firepower than most people, or low-key distinctly supernatural abilities), Superhuman (substantially more than human - the average X-Man or Justice League member, mid-level AD&D/low-level later DnD editions, 40k Psykers/Eldar/Orks), Grandiose (the real heavy hitters - Superman, Goku, a lot of the Exalted), Divine (literally in charge of aspects of reality - Mystara, mythological gods, Cthulhu and friends).

This will probably spiral into debates about which characters deserve what rank and how to judge power levels, but even that will be useful to see, so...I'm down for that. Cheers, and thanks for helping me sort this out.

Eldan
2018-01-06, 01:49 PM
Point of order. Cthulhu is not in charge of anything. He's not a god, he's the head-priest of an alien race. Probably not even that powerful.