PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Natural attack Mesmerist

Wasum
2018-01-05, 06:08 AM
Hello everybody!

I want to make a natural attack based memserist and wanted to ask how you would design such a charakter. The base creature has claw, claw, bite and good melee stats (17 Str, 19 Dex).

I 'd appreciate every kind of help!

Wasum

Geddy2112
2018-01-05, 10:21 AM
I assume you are going off of this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?546431-What-class-for-this-creature).

It depends on how many ranks of mesmerist you are giving the Baobhan Sith. Off the bat, the creature is already strong in melee. I would add power attack as the next feat it gets, to really stack on the damage. Improved grapple would be good, but it requires improved unarmed strike. Although if you are the DM you could just do it.

Mesmerist is generally not a melee attacker, but against solo targets the stare can debuff them. At 3rd level, bold stare can debuff their to hit ability, allowing you to outlast them in combat. Debuffing the CMD is good for a grappling build, and the Sith does like to grapple. The mesemerist tricks for an illusionary flanker and the mirror image are really strong choices for in combat.

Most mesmerist spells don't lend themselves to melee, but if you are going fey trickster and have druid spells, magic fang and greater are solid choices to boost attack and damage. barkskin as well to boost natural armor.

Wasum
2018-01-05, 08:37 PM
Yeah, i'm talking about the Baobhan Sith!

The NPC would start as Mesmerist 1 and then gain levels as the campaign progresses.

I thought Fey Trickster Mesmerist would add some versatility to the creature (by now it's melee only) - and make it more rounded as my alternative - levels as snakebite striker brawler.

I like the tricks you mentioned as well as the hunter spelllist, I just hope this NPC won't suffer from the mesmerist in the long run.

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-01-05, 08:54 PM
Eyebiter with Hand’s Detachment. Have your Mauler Crawling Hand use natural attacks while you support it