PDA

View Full Version : Optimization dragon disciple warshaper

Void Bovine
2018-01-05, 07:16 PM
So this is build idea I have been toying with for a while I'm going changeling as base race to qualify for warshaper. Then from there the plan is dragon disciple. I know I want power atk and leap atk. My question is can I enter dragon disciple from anything other than duskblade with out killing my melee potential. Also any point in doing more than 2 lvls of warshper to get fast healing at 4th? lastly really trying to avoid taking a 4th class.

Thurbane
2018-01-05, 07:48 PM
Hexblade 4 also works for Dragon Disciple entry with no loss of BAB.

I don't know if it would interest you, but after DD10, you qualify for the Half-Dragon Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm) class. It's not a very optimal class, but then either is DD.

Void Bovine
2018-01-06, 07:32 PM
So took a while to decide what to do I liked your suggestion on paragon lvls 3 uses of dragons breath is nice I toyed with idea of going battle sorcerer as base class didn't seem worth it so this is what I got.

Classes:dusk blade 5, warshaper 2, dragon disciple 10, 3 half dragon pargon

Feats:power atk, leap atk, ability enhancer(taken animalistic power as single 2nd lvl spell yields +4 to str, dex and con), transmutation focus(required for ability enhancer)

so far that yields +16 str +4 dex +10 con +2 int +2 cha with half dragon template, warshaper buffs and animalistic power up

I have 3 more feats any suggestions? also what dragon type I like breath line over cone?

Thurbane
2018-01-07, 03:56 PM
If you're after more uses of your breath weapon, after DD10 you qualify for the Dragon Breath feat (RotD), which lets you use it every 1d4 rounds, just like a true dragon.

You could then look up at picking up some meta-breath feats: Entangling Exhalation (Draconomicon?) is a popular one.

An alternative to the Paragon class would be some levels in Warblade, Crusader or Swordsage. Half of your other character levels will count towards your initiator level, which means you could pick up some decent level maneuvers/stances...

Gruftzwerg
2018-01-07, 09:45 PM
Classes:dusk blade 5, warshaper 2, dragon disciple 10, 3 half dragon pargon

I would like to point out that he could enter warshaper at lvl 5 already. Duskblade 4 covers the +4 BAB requirement and the ability to change shape is already given by race.

Duskblade 4 / Warshaper 2 / Dragon Disciple X