PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to reduce wand casting time?

ayvango
2018-01-06, 12:50 PM
If original spell requires 10 min to cast, then wand of it would require the same time. Is possible with a feat or a spell to reduce casting time? Either by spending several charges on single activation or by paying some extra costs at the time of creating wand?

Covenant12
2018-01-06, 01:05 PM
Rapid Spell from Complete Divine, would lower 10 minute cast time to 1 minute. Only +1 level, but can't be applied twice to any benefit, even if your DM allows that with metamagic.

There are class features, Incantatrix at level 5 can use 2 charges to use said wand as 1 minute casting time. I believe there are at least a couple others. Artificer pretty sure.

If you were hoping for a standard action/1 round and then possibly quickening it afterward I can't think of any way in 3.5.

Edit: To clarify, you could craft a wand with rapid spell, or an incantatrix/artificer could use 2 charges on a standard wand.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-06, 01:32 PM
Uncanny Forethought feat in Exemplars of Evil sets a spell's casting time to a full-round action, but I don't think that carries over to a wand.

Jack_Simth
2018-01-06, 08:33 PM
If original spell requires 10 min to cast, then wand of it would require the same time. Is possible with a feat or a spell to reduce casting time? Either by spending several charges on single activation or by paying some extra costs at the time of creating wand?

There's an item for it. Rod of Many Wands (Complete Mage, 128). The rod takes a full-round action to activate, and activates all the wands stored inside (up to three) simultaneously. If you've only got one wand in there, you don't even drain extra charges. It does, however, have a market price well above most wands.... it is reusable, though. You can pop wands out and replace them.

There's also Double Wand Wielder from Complete Arcane, p. 77. Activate two wands as a full-round action (second wand costs two charges).