PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Drama so I play wtih adults?

denthor
2018-01-06, 09:38 PM
What alignment is this?

We had two new players yesterday one ran a hairy smelly dwarf the other ran a dead hobbit

The dwarf say drink the beer you surly 1/2 orc

The hobbit dies he ties a rope around the leg swings and splash into the marsh water. repeat.. I am fishing with this to bait the trolls to come and find us.

Detect law.

Surprise there is no law in this dwarf.

How would people in your groups react to this sort of thing? We said nothing we are mostly chaotic and boarder line good very little g

KillianHawkeye
2018-01-06, 09:49 PM
We had two new players yesterday one ran a hairy smelly dwarf the other ran a dead hobbit

The dwarf say drink the beer you surly 1/2 orc

The hobbit dies he ties a rope around the leg swings and splash into the marsh water. repeat.. I am fishing with this to bait the trolls to come and find us.

What alignment is this?

What are you even asking? :smallconfused::smallconfused:

Okay, so... the dwarf is hairy and smelly and an alcoholic. Seems normal enough, albeit somewhat stereotypical. The halfling... died? And then somebody used his corpse as bait for some trolls? A bit disrespectful, but whatever.

None of this has any bearing on alignment. I literally cannot fathom why you think this is an alignment issue. I don't know why you felt it necessary to detect law, but surprise surprise, dwarves don't have to be Lawful. And from the sound of it, a nonlawful dwarf shouldn't have much trouble fitting in with your self-described "mostly chaotic and border-line good" party.

And what does this have to do with adults??????? :smallconfused:

Are you five? Do you need an adult?

denthor
2018-01-06, 10:08 PM
not a problem with fitting in. stereotype is right.

I was just a little shocked.. ok I let it happen in character and said nothing

I thought it was fun personally.

wonder hat other silliness happens in other games like this.. I do not expect dugar dwarves to come into the swamp.

also in this game we have a paladin that complains we are going after evil things. He can not complete his life mission of going on to greatness as a chaotic evil anti paladin.

Honest Tiefling
2018-01-06, 10:09 PM
Okay, so... the dwarf is hairy and smelly and an alcoholic. Seems normal enough, albeit somewhat stereotypical. The halfling... died? And then somebody used his corpse as bait for some trolls? A bit disrespectful, but whatever.

If corpse desecration is an indication of age, then I'm 7 and probably shouldn't be on these forums.

It's often the first impulse of players to do stupid things because they want to test their freedom, which I assume has happened, else someone has had a serious breakdown in communication.

vasilidor
2018-01-07, 12:24 AM
ok... so your fellow players feel like getting in touch with their inner silly, in a rather macabre fashion. that is probably what this is about. in real life a person's first time seeing a corpse can cause strange behavior because of shock.

jojo
2018-01-07, 03:09 AM
So, there's a question here?

I can't imagine what Halfling-Dangling Angling has to do with "Law" myself, if anything I'd classify that as "Pragmatic Realist" behavior, which we as we all know rolls independently to resist identification - with advantage.

denthor
2018-01-07, 03:33 PM
Retitled thread story please ofeel group silliness

Nettlekid
2018-01-10, 06:25 PM
I am fishing with this to bait the trolls

And we have a winner.

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-01-10, 09:35 PM
My CN elf bard thinks it is somewhat humorous and practical to feed the party's victims to her bag of devouring. Not only does it clean up some evidence but it helps feed the gigantic extradimensional creature "in" the bag.

Mr Beer
2018-01-11, 09:13 PM
Sounds like Chaotic Stupid.

But yeah it's not what I'd consider a Good deed as stated. Any neutral/evil alignment variant would sound reasonable to me.