Gastronomie
2018-01-06, 11:41 PM
Best anime of the season

Waddacku
2018-01-08, 04:17 AM
... They seriously made an anime?

Gastronomie
2018-01-08, 08:35 AM
... They seriously made an anime?If you can call it serious, the answer is yes.

Chromascope3D
2018-01-08, 01:32 PM
I feel like I was pranked into watching all 22 minutes. Considering the source material, that's not exactly a negative. :smalltongue:

Tengu_temp
2018-01-10, 09:13 AM
This show is a perfect example of how intentionally bad things are still bad. The only slightly amusing parts were the references to Chrono Trigger, Macross and Skyrim, and they were just references, not actually jokes or anything. That's Seltzerberg level of humour.

Chromascope3D
2018-01-10, 12:40 PM
Are you suggesting that Based Bkub hasn't saved anime... again?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/329/979/3fb.gif

Tengu_temp
2018-01-10, 04:51 PM
He's too late. Anime was already saved by Terra Formars.

Gastronomie
2018-01-12, 09:40 PM
To be fair, about 90% of the humor in this show owes to the voice actors, so people who don't understand Japanese or are not very familiar with voice actors may not really get the references. (Ex. Pipimi = Totoro in the second airing being voiced by the same voice actress as Satsuki in the original movie, Popuko being voiced by the same Japanese voice actor as dubbed Voldemort and Pipimi by dubbed James Bond in the first airing - these being the original voice actors proposed in the original manga)

Hunter Noventa
2018-01-15, 02:36 PM
I tried to watch this and got about halfway through the first episode and decided 'I don't think this is for me'.

Not the first time, not the last. it was just too...nonsense.

BWR
2018-01-15, 04:57 PM
I tried to watch this and got about halfway through the first episode and decided 'I don't think this is for me'.

That was my reaction too. And I'm usually all about absurdist and nonsensical humor.

Waddacku
2018-01-15, 06:12 PM
I for one am looking forward to having the time to watch the second episode with great anticipation.

Silfir
2018-01-15, 08:44 PM
I for one am looking forward to having the time to watch the second episode with great anticipation.

Oh, me too. Except I'll be using that time to watch literally anything else.

Chromascope3D
2018-01-15, 10:11 PM

That's funny, because he second half of the episode is actually the first half repeated but with different voice actors, and maybe a few differences. The scene in France has actual subtitles on the second time around.

Also, the second episode has the actual OP and, boy, it's really something.

LaZodiac
2018-01-15, 11:06 PM
That's funny, because he second half of the episode is actually the first half repeated but with different voice actors, and maybe a few differences. The scene in France has actual subtitles on the second time around.

Also, the second episode has the actual OP and, boy, it's really something.

The actual Op is amazing.

Lord Raziere
2018-01-15, 11:37 PM
well I'm morbidly curious.

Watching first episode.....setting expectations at ground level aaaand:

.......ok, Chrono Trigger joke? Pokemon joke? Wat. this is just the first five minutes and I don't see how any of this is funny.

meta joke way too early.

mario joke?

even more meta joke?????

OH GOD WHAT IS THIS UGLY PIG STUFF.

what???? French??

........ok, that was a series of images and things that happened. wheres the funny parts?

Chromascope3D
2018-01-16, 12:02 PM
........ok, that was a series of images and things that happened. wheres the funny parts?

In the second episode

Starbuck_II
2018-01-16, 12:07 PM
I kind of wanted the false show at the beginning. It looked interesting.

Waddacku
2018-01-17, 03:21 AM
Episode 2 was glorious.