View Full Version : Build: MultiPrestige SuperCleric Madness!.

NoAnonimo
2018-01-07, 12:51 AM
The MultiPrestige SuperCleric Madness 1.1

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/3851/VMauS2.jpg

Lina: Drow Version

We all know that Clerics are awesome. Powerfull and Awesome. But just how awesome can you get?

This build may be just one of the many, MANY possible answers to the question. I tried to get the highest possible base ST without a single caster level loss.

The History Behind This:

Well, while I was reading a large collection of books, I kept founding some nice Cleric PRCs, many of wich would be easily adapted to a wide variety of builds, and wondered:

How Many PRCs can you get on a single cleric build?

Some rules:
1) No caster level loss allowed. Not a single one. YMMV, but I think spells are powerful an want them ASAP (the cleric way).
2) Unearthed Arcana fractional progression assumed to maximize effect. Even without that, this is a high base ST build.

This variant is ideal for campaigns featuring many multiclass characters, since it results in their having slightly higher base save and base attack bonuses than in a standard game.

3) All 3.0 and 3.5 official books allowed. No magazines. If something is on numerous books, the most recent is the official used (otherwise noted).

4) No cheesy stuff (or as little as possible). No deity changes mid-build. No rules binding/breaking. Fair and Square build, so no books should be thrown at your head. If you think any of this would be considered cheesy, please point it out and I would try to unchees (?) it.

Notes:
= I didn't checked all the sourcebooks. This is a work on progress. Feel free and PEACH it as hard as you want.
= I'm not a native english speaker, so be friendly
= Some feats will be spend-wasted to met the prerequisites for all the PRCs.

The Build:

Lina: The MultiPrestige Cleric.

Race: Lesser Drow (PGTF p 191)

Drows, a.k.a. dark elves, qualify for the Seeker of the Misty Island PRC. Feel free to adapt this as needed if you want other PRCs. PGTF shows a version of the race without LA

Aligment: LG

You need to be legal to become a Church Inquisitor. This will give you access to the Inquisition Domain and Detect Evil at will. You also need to be legal to become a Hand of the Adama.
You need to be good to become a Sacred Exorcist. This will give you access to Turn undead if you took an ACF at first level, or stack with your cleric level for turn rolls. The first option would give you double DMM pool, so I built Lina thinking about this. If you don't want to DMM, you could be non-good and skip Sacred Exorcist.
Verdant Lord has nonevil as prerrequisite.

So, you could adapt your Aligment as needed, but will need some work around to take some classes. No very much, tho. I'll make a list of other PRCs you could take on the next post.

Deiti: Your Choice.

You'll need to choose one, unless you don't want to become a Divine Disciple. Also, to become a Contemplative you'll need to have direct contact with it or a servant of that deity. Lastly, Hand of the Adama has some weird requisites. You can check it later on this post.

Organizations:

You'll need to be a member of the Paragnostic Assembly, the Wayfarers Union (organization that you can explicity leave without losing anything) and the Mind's Eye. More about Organizations on the next post.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/922/Np8B1l.jpg

Total BAB:
+14 / +9 / +4 (+14.75)

Total ST*:
Fort: +17 (17.66)
Ref: +15 (13.66)
Will: +32 (37.33)

*Without any class feature, race trait, spell, item or Ability modifier counted!.

As shown, this variant rule is recommended on campaigns featuring many multiclass characters. If not used, Lina's stats would be:

Total BAB:
+3 (Easilly fixable with persistent Divine Power. You have double DMM pools, if you want to go that route)

Total ST*:
Fort: +11 -1 Vs Cleric
Ref: +8 +2 Vs Cleric
Will: +29 +17 Vs Cleric

Divine Oracle and Loremaster share the feat requirement: Skill Focus (Knowledge [religion]).

1 Ruathar gives you Martial weapon proficiency with longsword, rapier, longbow or shortbow.
2 If, for some reason, you could select FRCS as a sourcebook, Divine Disciple would give you a new domain from your deity's available list.
3 Prestige Paladin is a Variant PrC. It appears on UA, and may be or may be not available for you. Talk with your GM.
4 Hand of the Adama has a weird requirement: Patron Deity: The Adama. Now, Shining South tells that the Adama is "both a belief
system and a code of conduct" (ShS p. 8). If you think you can make it roll with your MultiPrestige SuperCleric, go ahead!

07/01/2018 V1.0: Original Build posted.
09/01/2018 V1.1: Lina became a lesser drow! (Thank you, WhamBamSam (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?61357-WhamBamSam)). Level 2 changed to Drow Paragon.
ACF Added.
24/01/2018 Changed Verdant Lord for Nomad Shamman.
(Yeah, DD/MM/YYY Format)

NoAnonimo
2018-01-07, 12:52 AM
Why Building a Cleric Like This?

This started as an exercise to me. But I think it has some potential. Let me show you some comparions

Lina: The MultiPrestige Cleric.

Over a normal cleric, her stats show this differences.

Proficiencies:No armor differences. No shield differences. +Martial Weapons Proficiency.
BAB:No changes.
Fort Base: +4
Ref Base: +7
Will Base: +25!!
Skill Points: +40
Hit Points (Average all dices): -14
Bonus Domains: Knowledge, Inquisition, Oracle, Travel, +1 of deity (2 of deity if FRCS Divine Disciple is chosen).

Over a Cloistered Cleric, on the other hand, she has

Proficiencies: +Medium and Heavy armor. +Shield (Except Tower) +Martial Weapons Proficiency.
BAB:+4
Fort Base: +4
Ref Base: +7
Will Base: +25!!
Skill Points:: -52
Hit Points (Average all dices): +7
Bonus Domains: Inquisition, Oracle, Travel, +1 of deity (2 of deity if FRCS Divine Disciple is chosen).

Lina is also Inmune to Charms since level 5.

The Costs:

As showed, building Lina cost some BAB and Hit Points (if compared to Cleric) or some Skill points (if compared to Cloistered Cleric).
She also have to pay by giving up on her turn/rebuke power, since she will have a really low bonus on the roll.

The Goodies:

+Cloistered Cleric gives you Knowledge Devotion and access to Message, Identify, Erase, Unseen Servant, Fox's cunning, illusory script, secret page, tongues (1 level early!), detect scrying, analyze dweomer, sequester and vision spells (Over normal Cleric).
+Inquisition Domain gives you +4 on dispell checks and access to Detect Thoughts and Imprisonment spells.
+Oracle Domain gives you +2 on CL for Divination spells (stacks with Visionary Seeker bonus) and access to Legend Lore and Foresight spells.
+Travel Domain gives you freedom of movement when needed (3 rounds) and access to Longstrider, Fly, Dimension Door, Teleport, Teleport (Greater) and Phase Door spells.

The Possibilities:

You can take Rebuke Dragon/Destroy Undead on 1st level if you want to go the DMM rute, since you will get Turn Undead at 8th level. (This is assumed as the default option, and it's the reason Sacred Exorcist is taken ASAP).
You can give up to some Domains to take a couple Devotion Feats (Knowledge and Travel available!).
You can also give up access to a domain to take Divine Magician ACF, wich gives you access to some nice spells Necromancy, Divination and Abjuration arcane spells. This is encouraged on this build, since you will get a couple extra domains, making the trade a little better.

So. This shows that you can choose to build your character like this if you want:
a) A Base cleric with more Weapons proficiencies and really high saves, at the cost of some hit points (easily fixable).
B) A Cloistered cleric with more armor, weapons and shield proficiencies, more hit points and really high saves, at the cost of some skill points. (The Skill List of Lina varies each level, allowing some better customization of your class).

NoAnonimo
2018-01-07, 12:55 AM
Suggestions, Other PRCs and more.

Alternative Class Features:

Divine Magician [CM]: You give up access to a domain. In return, you can select an Abjuration, Divination or Necromancy Wizard/Sorcerer spell of each level and add it to your class list. Great potential here, since we are gaining many domains.

Rebuke Dragons [DrM]: Change Turn/Rebuke undeads to rebuke dragons. What we are actually looking for is the Divine MetaMagic valid pool. If you're avoiding it or if your GM doesn't allow DMM, then it depends on the campaign. Will you even see a dragon? Or will it be crowded by undeads? See Destroy Undead for an alternative.

Destroy Undead [EtRC] So... Rebuke Dragons is not good enough for you? Well, big boy, by taking this ACF you give up your turn/rebuke option.In return, you can do 1d6/Cleric Level of damage to undeads at 30' with a crappy ST for half. It also allows you to fuel DMM. It may work if you won't see Dragons on your campaign. Otherwise, take Rebuke Dragons. Just saying, the DC will be really low, since we won't take many cleric levels. Also, some DM will rule that Rebuke Undead (obtained via Sacred Exorcist) is not a diferent pool. You may want to offer some soda. Just saying...

Spontaneus Domain [PH2] Instead of spontaneous Cure Wounds or Inflict Wounds you can Spontaneusly cast spells for one Domain. This ACF must be taken at 1° level, so you may or may not be able to select a Class Feature obtained Domain. Ask your DM nicely, since PH2 says the election will be permanent unless something big happens. Maybe give him/her some Doritos as cof.. bribe gift. It combos with that Soda you offered. 'cause you did, right?

==Reserved for Suggestion, Other Possible PRCs (If you can't take all of the showed here), Items, Suggestions and more==

Feel free to reply now!

Inevitability
2018-01-07, 01:19 PM
How is this TO? What about it wouldn't fly at a normal table?

Kobold Esq
2018-01-07, 04:43 PM
How is this TO? What about it wouldn't fly at a normal table?

A number of the PrC's have fluff suggesting specific organizations/gods/etc, even if not actually required in the prereqs. That might not fly depending on the DM.

Anthrowhale
2018-01-07, 08:58 PM
I believe Verdant Lord requires Control Plants (an 8th level spell) as a prerequisite.

ayvango
2018-01-07, 09:12 PM
What BAB would you have wihtout fractional progression? It is not fair to take good saves and discard bad BAB.

WhamBamSam
2018-01-07, 11:01 PM
If you go Female Lesser Drow or Drow Savage Progression 0, you can squeeze in a level of Drow Paragon at 2 or 3 without losing casting progression, and should still qualify for Seeker of the Misty Isle, thus increasing your number of classes by one.

There are two other race-specific ways that I know of to enter PrCs that progress casting at 1 early, but those races aren't elves, so you'd have to replace Seeker of the Misty Isle.

1. A Dragonwrought Kobold can enter Singer of Concordance at any time, as dragons (true or otherwise) automatically qualify for PrCs that require the dragonblood subtype.

2. A Lesser Aasimar can enter Paragnostic Apostle at level 3, by virtue of their racial Daylight SLA, as the class specifically allows 3rd level SLAs in its spellcasting requirements.

NoAnonimo
2018-01-08, 12:40 PM
Thank you all for your feedback. I'll work on all the suggested changes and post it ASAP.
I have to reread some rules, but think that all should be fair and square.

I'll also post some alternative builds (Aasimar, Kobold and maybe Drow) and some suggested PRCs.
Stay tunned!

NoAnonimo
2018-01-08, 07:26 PM
A number of the PrC's have fluff suggesting specific organizations/gods/etc, even if not actually required in the prereqs.

I tend to read the explicit prerrequisites as the only think that could prevent you to enter a PRC.

Characters must meet Requirements before they can take their first level of a prestige class. The rules for level advancement apply to this system, meaning the first step of advancement is always choosing a class. If a character does not meet the Requirements for a prestige class before that first step, that character cannot take the first level of that prestige class.
As long as you meet the Requirement, you're good to go. At least on my tables.

About organizations:

Multiple Affiliations:
You can be associated with multiple affiliations at one time. However, each subsequent affiliation is harder to maintain.

I believe Verdant Lord requires Control Plants (an 8th level spell) as a prerequisite.
No, it doesn't. Unless they errataed it?

What BAB would you have wihtout fractional progression? It is not fair to take good saves and discard bad BAB.
Nice catch. Added on OP.

Anthrowhale
2018-01-08, 08:45 PM
No, it doesn't. Unless they errataed it?

Not an errata---my Masters of the Wild says:

Spells: Able to cast control plants.

However, this seems to be a case of 3.0->3.5 shift. In 3.0, Control Plants is a Druid 4/Plant 4/Ranger 3 while in 3.5 it is Druid 8/Plant 8. The spells are also different---in 3.5 it is like dominate monster except for plants while in 3.0 it's like speak with plants + entangle + dominate for plant-like creatures.

NoAnonimo
2018-01-08, 09:01 PM
Thank you, Anthrowhale. In fact, Verdant Lord don't have a 8th level spell (!) as Prerreq, but it does have two feats, so I would definitely change it. It just doesn't worth it.

EDIT: changed it to Nomad Shamman. you can find the class on Age of Mortals p40. It's a nice class, flavorful and with some nice secrets, like giving an untyped +2 to initiative or +1 to Will and Ref ST for free, besides seeing ethereal creatures