PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Infernal Invoking- Fiendish Spellcasting for a True Devil

demonslayerelf
2018-01-07, 03:27 AM
So, I don't think I'm the only one disappointed with the Devils and Demons in 5e. Devils are consistently lacking, particularly in potency and the action economy.

So I made this, which replaces the Innate Spellcasting feature in concept. I'll let people individually decide on exactly how it applies to each devil. Me personally, I would rewrite many of the devils in their entirety, as devils are the lawful-evil lawyer-chessmasters of a campaign, and most of the devils are just brutes with fire. That's not what this is about though, please enjoy the Infernal Invoking.

Here it is! (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1XdtfIy4G)

Again, I'll leave the discretion of what devil gets what spells to the individual DM. And, if you're curious as to why the chart is so weird, it's because devils are hyper-class and hyper-order focused. The mere thought of breaking the system is foreign to them. I figured their magic would and should reflect that, so the rules are very precise about these things.

For those concerned with balance, this DOES make Devils more powerful. That is part of the intention. Things will probably need to be rebalanced in some cases... Honestly though, devils are pretty underwhelming, so most people will be fine with them just getting the bonus, and maybe lowering health or damage of certain things. Again, individual discretion, I'm just here to give ideas :P