PDA

View Full Version : Looky what i did.

Cowboy_ninja
2007-08-23, 12:54 PM
i use the lasso (form exalted deeds) and roped a mimic tied it off to my mount and rode off!

i thought it was cool.

but my entire group put me down for it. infact the DM didnt even roll die for dmg ( not that he knew how) he just said that the mimic eventually dies...

how WOULD you roll dmg for something like that?

at first they said the mimic wasnt taking dmg, because i was dragging and entire busted up wagon behind me with the mimic glued inside, sort of like a shell, and the waggon was just dragging not jumping around like that safe from dukes of hazzrd. so i started making turns and weaving through the woods. dont worry my dire boar mount had plenty of strenght for it.

reorith
2007-08-24, 12:18 AM
in the spirit of adventuring, you should have set the wagon on fire.

horseboy
2007-08-24, 12:29 AM
in the spirit of adventuring, you should have set the wagon on fire.

Then levitated it up high in the sky and dropped it. Hmm, but that is a good question. Maybe d6/10'?

Citizen Joe
2007-08-24, 12:36 AM
A mimic has a strong adhesive which MAY have held the horse still by anchoring itself to the ground. If that didn't work, it MAY dissolve the adhesive at well. However, it is a shapechanger, so lassoing it would likely just cause it to change shape so that the lasso slips off.

Quietus
2007-08-24, 01:18 AM
This seems like one of those situations where you performed actions that ultimately resulted in the rest of your group being annoyed, because it kinda kills the fun. Same as a Wizard who Finger of Death's the BBEG and kills him in the first round, finding a fight that should be tough and just murdering it like that might be effective, but ultimately, it takes the fun away from your group.

"Looky what i(sic) did." indeed.

Ralfarius
2007-08-24, 01:20 AM
I'm going to have to go with Citizen Joe on this one. Sounds like your group didn't quite think the whole mimic thing through, and your tactic probably shouldn't have worked.

Drider
2007-08-24, 01:57 AM
This seems like one of those situations where you performed actions that ultimately resulted in the rest of your group being annoyed, because it kinda kills the fun. Same as a Wizard who Finger of Death's the BBEG and kills him in the first round, finding a fight that should be tough and just murdering it like that might be effective, but ultimately, it takes the fun away from your group.

If your group played and enjoyed getting "stories" of games like this(we all have SOME stories) then i would say good job. But(there's always a but) if they wanted to have a serious session and you felt the urge to do that, remember 5 easy steps
1. breathe in
2. breathe out
3. remember that everyone is trying to have fun, and don't do it
4. ???
5. profit