PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Arrow Demon symmetrical Archery

xkroku
2018-01-07, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone
Is there a way to assume the Arrow Demon's symmetrical archery ability?
Possibly without using high-level polymorph spells or many class levels.
It needn't be a permameny change, it may be only for some rounds (or even one).
Thank you all!

WhamBamSam
2018-01-07, 11:45 AM
If you're an Outsider, you can use regular Polymorph or Metamorphosis to become an Arrow Demon and gain Symmetrical Archery.

Some LA+0 ways of getting the Outsider type are Neraph (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040613a&page=2), the Otherworldly feat (PGtF, the Celestial-Attended Birth option in Champions of Valor extends it to other races), and Aasimar and Tieflings with 0 levels in their savage progression class (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a).

You can also gain Outsider typing from a few class abilities (generally the capstone of some PrC), or by casting a spell to change your type.

xkroku
2018-01-07, 02:25 PM
Sadly even if I polymorphed into one, I wouldn't gain the Symmetrical Archery, as it is a Special Quality, and polymorph gives only special attacks :/
Whoops, it is Special Attack.
In that case, thanks!
But is there some other way, that possibly doesn't require at least 7 levels of Sor/Wiz? Even if it was as a divine spell, because cleric-archer is something i can go for

WhamBamSam
2018-01-07, 03:01 PM
The Transformation domain has Polymorph, though it requires the Shapechanger subtype. An Otherworldly Changeling or Shifter perhaps? Or just be an Archivist, Artificer, or Chameleon. At very high levels, a Ranger or Paladin could get Polymorph via the Sword of the Arcane Order feat.

Metamorphosis can be available to just about any Psionic class thanks to Expanded Knowledge. Piggy Knowles Archer Build Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?284283-Piggy-Knowles-Archer-Build-Thread) features a PsyWar Archer based around Arrow Demon Metamorphosis, and is a generally great resource for this sort of thing.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-07, 09:29 PM
The Spell domain gets Greater Anyspell, which can be used to cast Draconic Polymorph from the Draconomicon, which has range: personal and can be made persistent. That's not available until 11th level, but that's the best way to do it on a Cleric Archer.

Rebel7284
2018-01-08, 12:11 AM
There are a bunch of spells that can give you the outside type when cast, so I wouldn't worry too much about the starting type.

One of many ways of applying Persistent Spell to Draconic Polymorph is probably the best path if you want to focus on archery as a character.
I usually look at Mystic Ranger with Sword of the Arcane Order for such characters due to native access to full BAB.
Artificers can also do this quite well, too, including crafting two splitting bows early.
It's actually fairly difficult to get Draconic Polymorph on a cleric. You need to either use Greater Anyspell or Customize Domain feat from Dragon #325 (modify Strength or Trickery domain.)