PDA

View Full Version : How is Giant?

Nighthawk4
2007-08-23, 01:06 PM
Is there any news of Rich please?

After the GenCon problems and OOTS not updating for the last few days, I am concerned that we haven't heard anything from Rich for over a week.

Get well soon Rich - we all miss you. :smallsmile:

:durkon: *Casts Cure Whatever is wrong with Rich*

:elan: 'Feel, feel, feel, feel much better soon'

Akodoreign
2007-08-23, 01:22 PM
New to the forums, but I hope Rich is ok as well. I missed Gencon this year :( due to celebrating me and my wifes 10th annaversery. What happened to him at Gencon?

Setra
2007-08-23, 01:24 PM
New to the forums, but I hope Rich is ok as well. I missed Gencon this year :( due to celebrating me and my wifes 10th annaversery. What happened to him at Gencon?
Erm, actually from what we can guess, he's been sick very often (if not continously) for a pretty long while. I'm not a good judge of time, but maybe as long as a couple months.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-23, 01:25 PM
Technically, he did have an input at GenCon... Apparantly he was in Blackberry communication with Rob Balder, and was able to answer questions, etc, even though the logistics of going all the way to GenCon was beyond his current abilities.

But yes, the lack of anything for over a week is concerning. The PLAN was 3 a week, most weeks, but no set day. The REALITY has been less than 2 a week, more like 3 every two weeks.

But when you're sick, you're sick, and we just have to be understanding.

VanBuren
2007-08-23, 01:44 PM
Don't worry guys, all we have to do is make sure we have 5,000 GP worth of diamonds laying around just in case. :P

Seriously though, I'm sure the Giant'll get better before we know it. Then we'll be reading so much OotS, we won't know what to do with ourselves.

Get better soon! (Maybe an e-card is in order?)

O.T.R
2007-08-23, 01:46 PM
Or perhaps the illness is.......writer's block?!

nah, in serious it's a testament to Rich's writing that some people seem to be actually going through OoTS withdrawal. "I need one more strip maaaann, just one more strip!" An update status'd be nice. Six words'd be all you'd need: "still sick, give me til saturday', but either way here's to a recovery for the gent we call Giant.

Alfryd
2007-08-23, 01:51 PM
Erm, actually from what we can guess, he's been sick very often (if not continously) for a pretty long while. I'm not a good judge of time, but maybe as long as a couple months.
Of course, some of us suggested scaling back to bi-weekly strips a ways back.

In any case, get well soon, and all that jazz.

...nah, in serious it's a testament to Rich's writing that some people seem to be actually going through OoTS withdrawal. "I need one more strip maaaann, just one more strip!"
It's interesting to note that Alexa records indicate site traffic has actually increased over the past weeks.

Oxymoron
2007-08-23, 01:57 PM
Ha, ha I`m having Oots withdrawal. I`m constantly checking in for updates and then I get angry because there are none. And then I feel guilty for being angry since Rich is very sick. But what can I say. It feeeeels soooo good. Giant, give me my fix maaaaan!

I read a lot of other webcomics, but it`s not the same. They are like cold medicine and the Oots is like cocaine (no I haven`t tried it).

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:59 PM
I too suffer from OotS withdrawl. If I didn't have Schlockmercenary I don't know what I would do.

Ominius Hummmmmmmmmmmm

Max_Sinister
2007-08-23, 02:06 PM
I don't know what's up, but just in case, I wish all the best to the Giant.

And folks, you know, don't refresh the page here every five seconds. Costs too much bandwidth. Thrice a day should suffice. ;-)

O.T.R
2007-08-23, 02:09 PM
Hi my name's Jim and I'm an OoTSholic. S-some days I wake up and I read...the whole archive before breakfast. I just didn't care about anything anymore, just the strip. Refreshing the site every ten minutes. Always the strip. But it feels so good. I-I try my best but..the need for my next fix has been up all night waiting for me...doing sit-ups, ready to kick my arse. Shelia left me for a double-glazing salesman...the kids went with her...I lost my job...my cat thinks I'm an arse hole...but I've been clean for almost a week now and..I-I'm taking it one day at a time. Just one day at a time, man.

Hegemon
2007-08-23, 02:16 PM
Hi my name's Jim and I'm an OoTSholic. S-some days I wake up and I read...the whole archive before breakfast. I just didn't care about anything anymore, just the strip. Refreshing the site every ten minutes. Always the strip. But it feels so good. I-I try my best but..the need for my next fix has been up all night waiting for me...doing sit-ups, ready to kick my arse. Shelia left me for a double-glazing salesman...the kids went with her...I lost my job...my cat thinks I'm an arse hole...but I've been clean for almost a week now and..I-I'm taking it one day at a time. Just one day at a time, man.

Dang thats funny man, hope they make some Oots-a-done for that :smallwink:

Setra
2007-08-23, 03:02 PM
Hi Jim! Message too short

Elandegenerate
2007-08-23, 03:09 PM
its not the giants fault he is so damn talented that I look forward to his updates more than 8-bit, ctrl alt del-online, ect ect (all VERY good comics).

:P

Eriol
2007-08-23, 03:20 PM
So we've had the threads almost-complaining about a "sort-of late update" and now we have the "get-well-soon" and/or "concerned" threads. And how many days is it now until the "is he dead" threads start popping up?

Seriously, this happens every time the update lapses for a while. It's really becoming predictable. More predictable than the updates really, but that's a whole other thing...

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-23, 03:30 PM
LOOLOOLOO! INVISIBLE TEXT!

I suffer from OOTS WITHdrawal worse than JIM!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48817

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 03:34 PM
Takes opportunity to plug joint favorite webcomic. (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/)

Similar taste of humour. Plus he has never missed an update. Ever.

O.T.R
2007-08-23, 03:37 PM
This is your brain:

I sufferfrom OoTS withdrawal worse than Jim

This is your brain on OoTS:

I suffer from OOTS WITHdrawal worse than JIM!

Stay the course man. We're all here to support you. Let's thank Bob for his contribution to the group.

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-23, 03:43 PM
Is there any news of Rich please?...

I'm sure he appreciates the well wishes, or would if he read this forum. Beyond that, there isn't any news really. If there was news, it would be on the news page or in an announcement.

I'm not sure how to respect his wishes and cut-off this discussion about where he is and what's his medical status and so forth without being a wet blanket.

So, I apologize for closing this line of discussion, but we don't really need a thread-of-the-week about this (regardless of whether it's "where's my comic", "how is Rich doing?" or some other variation on the theme.) Such threads have no chance of providing useful information, and they tend to go bad quickly.