PDA

View Full Version : Common Racial Magic Items

nanoboy
2018-01-07, 03:20 PM
A funny thing happened with my group last night. The characters have been pursuing threats to the Empire in my homebrew setting, and they have uncovered a conspiracy they refer to as "Elven ISIS." Thus, they are traveling elven lands searching for clues and suspects. In fantasy settings, elves often make the best archery stuff, and the party wanted to get some of that. When they went to a large elven settlement, they asked to get elven arrows and asked what they did. I decided to brainstorm with them, and we came up with a minor magical effect they could have (see below.) Later, they went to an elven village that practiced an alternate elven religion based on the worship of fairies, so we decided to create an alternative fairy arrow for them. They are:

Elven Arrow - These common magical items ignore partial cover provided by living vegetation such as trees.

Fairy Arrow - These common magical items leave a streak of descending light motes and explode in a shower of sparkles. When you hit a target, until your next turn, or until someone attacks the target, anyone attacking the target does so at advantage.

The fairy arrows are maybe OP, but we're having fun with them. I'd like to invent or use more common race-based magical items from different standard D&D races, as I think different little bits like these really add to the poignancy of the game world. What have you come up with?

hymer
2018-01-07, 03:48 PM
From this (http://nanmehtar.wikispaces.com/Special+Equipment) page (from my current campaign wiki), you can follow the links to some dwarven and elven magical items, as well as some runes and tattoos, with less particular (but still noticeable) dwarven and elven origin.

nanoboy
2018-01-07, 04:22 PM
I like those. I may borrow some of those ideas.

hymer
2018-01-08, 01:07 AM
I like those. I may borrow some of those ideas.

Feel free! :smallsmile: