PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions wanted for a Bard/Druid's Ancestral Relic

BassoonHero
2018-01-08, 08:48 PM
I'm playing a Bard/Druid/Green Whisperer/etc, and I've taken Ancestral Relic for my third-level feat. I'm planning to spend most of my character wealth on improving a lyre that's significant to my character. After much rules interpretation and some negotiation with my DM, the following stipulations/house rules are in place:

The lyre is priced as a slotted item.
All abilities are considered “similar” for pricing purposes (so we don't have to adjudicate what that actually means).
Passive abilities only function when the lyre is held in at least one hand.
Active abilities require two hands and a (momentary) musical performance to activate.
All discounts for requiring a specific class/alignment are waived.
Crafting time is decreased for playability reasons.

I'm looking for abilities relating to nature, music, protection, and healing. I'm not looking to break the game. Some ideas I've had are:

Charm of countersong
Lesser metamagic rod of Extend Spell
The healing effect of a Dove's Harp
Ring of the Beast

I'm sure there are plenty of interesting abilities out there that I'm missing. Thoughts?

Rebel7284
2018-01-09, 04:30 AM
- Words of Creation feat.
- Check this handbook for druid items: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1shTP_iyGQN2L43pmQO1wausVD9dtiK97SnLO6hqRRxY/edit#heading=h.iah9gzwa7dwe

BassoonHero
2018-01-09, 12:58 PM
I think that Words of Creation might be a bit OP. I don't think I'd let a player add that to a magic item for any price.

There's some neat stuff in that handbook. I especially like the Chronocharm of the Uncaring Archmage.