PDA

View Full Version : Simple items.

Greenflame133
2018-01-09, 04:51 AM
I find it odd that 5e is missing several simple items. This are moustly small things like: family seal, flint and steal as well as few others. I feel like it would be meaning full to have them written down in your inventory but yet they are not in players handbook nor d20std. Could some charters be assumed to just have that?

Chugger
2018-01-09, 04:58 AM
Nobles get items similar to a "family seal" I think - I think they get a signet ring, which they could press into wax to seal a letter, if that's what you mean. Noble stuff is in backgrounds. Commoners wouldn't get such things in a medieval fantasy world, I guess.

Flint and steel is in the phb - in the tinderbox. I'd tell you to read more carefully, but I miss stuff all the time, too. :smallbiggrin:

(edit, and yes you tend to start with such things - if you're noble - if you pick the right "pack")

Greenflame133
2018-01-09, 05:28 AM
That's one thing but it's dosn't work always. I offen want to get seal on scribes or surten custom backgrounds.

I guess thinkers box it's bad. Given that character in 5e tent to be less extreme (unlike in 3.5e where sometimes I play with light loud under 10 lb)

Unoriginal
2018-01-09, 06:55 AM
Which other items would you want?

At worst, the DM can homebrew them quick.

Greenflame133
2018-01-09, 07:22 AM
Which other items would you want?

At worst, the DM can homebrew them quick.
Humm hard to think of an example..

thongs, mug/cup, handkerchie, hats, masks and other clothing accessories (on their own rather then part of outfit).

I can't recall now if book case were listed but remember having trouble with it in Pathfinder

Pelle
2018-01-09, 07:25 AM
If the item is not listed in the PHB, it does not exist in the setting.

Unoriginal
2018-01-09, 07:31 AM
Humm hard to think of an example..

thongs, mug/cup, handkerchie, hats, masks and other clothing accessories (on their own rather then part of outfit).

Well, those can be handwaved as costing a few coins (copper or silver, though gold is possible if you want an especially fancy one).

I can't recall now if book case were listed but remember having trouble with it in Pathfinder

You mean, like, a bookcase for an house, or something you can transport with you in your backpack?

Greenflame133
2018-01-09, 07:34 AM
Transparent in the background.

Unoriginal
2018-01-09, 07:40 AM
Transparent in the background.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.

Greenflame133
2018-01-09, 07:43 AM
Lather or wooden box to protect expensive books from the elements

nickl_2000
2018-01-09, 07:49 AM
If you are a character and want something not in the PhB it's really pretty simple.

1-5 copper for some ordinary item found around the house that requires little craftsmanship (a tin cup, wooden bowls, etc)
1-5 silver for an ordinary item that requires craftsmanship (a kitchen knife)
1-5 gold for something that wouldn't be common and found around the house. This markup is due to a specialized item that a craftsman wouldn't be making all the time.
Artistic items prices will vary and check with the DM. I would put a family seal at around 10 GP since it's a unique item that the smith can't reuse a mold for.