PDA

View Full Version : Harry Dresdien, Awsome!!

wingover gimble
2007-08-23, 04:21 PM
Ive been reading books for ever and my favorite books were always fantasy right. So a Frein of mine in my local gaming group ( D&D If you dont know) is lending out this book out to our DM. I look at it and it says wizard for hire and i was like "huh? Whatis this?" So i look at it and i recently had no books left to read so im desperate here ( cleaned out the library,no book store, read all my own books). So she said to read the beginning and see if i like it. So they went ot tim hortons and i was sitting there starting to read this book. I always thought magic and wizards and dragons in modern times would be bad and damn this book has proven me wrong in so many ways. I you people have read this series tell me what you like about it. If You have any other books that you have read then tell, I may not have read them. ( I am only fifteen so i have not read as many books as everyone else so dont get this picture wronng:smallsmile:)

Mr Croup
2007-08-23, 04:28 PM
I'd suggest checking out Jim Butcher's other seires, the Codex Alera. It's very different from the Dresden Files, but really quite good. The first book is called Furies of Calderon.

Beyond that, you might check out Simon R. Green's Nightside books, it has a similar feel to the Dresden Files. The first in that series is Something from the Nightside. They're decent books, not great, but entertaining, and very fast reads.

Incidentally, this thread should probably be moved into the Media section.

wingover gimble
2007-08-24, 01:19 AM
hmm i actually think im going to look for the book. im trying to get the 3rd book from my freind but the people were sleeping when i got off of work.

MandibleBones
2007-08-24, 10:40 AM
I absolutely LOVED the books - if you're looking at getting the rest of them, one word, my friend: Amazon.

Also, check this out: http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/ - it looks like it has potential to be cool.

North
2007-08-24, 02:11 PM
Whenever I recommend the Dresden to a friend I tell them to think of thier favorite book. Its that times ten and on fire.

Definitely my favorite series out their. And the codex alera series is also pretty damn good. The books just keep building on the greatness of the previous ones getting better and better.