PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Unsanctioned Knowledge

carrdrivesyou
2018-01-09, 02:39 PM
What would be good spells for this on a paladin? I was thinking mirror image, enlarge person, and a few others, but I really haven't been able to settle on much.

Your thoughts Playgrounders?

Geddy2112
2018-01-09, 03:17 PM
It partly depends on what your party has-haste, slow, blessings of fervor, glitterdust, heroism and good hope are incredibly strong but your party buffer/debuffer will be casting some/all of these.
4th level-air walk is good if you have no other means of flight. Dimensional door, greater invisibility, blessings of fervor, and dance of 1000 cuts are good choices here.
3rd-haste/slow/good hope, rounding out your party buffing/debuffing. Tiny hut is incredible if you are an archer paladin.
2-mirror image being self only makes it a top pick, and it is one of the best defenses in the game until enemies with true seeing are crawling out of the woodwork. Silence is incredibly nasty too, throw it on yourself and charge in to shut down casting.
1-Expeditious retreat keeps you fast in heavy armor, and vanish can do the job of invisibility and greater most of the time.

Florian
2018-01-09, 04:17 PM
What would be good spells for this on a paladin? I was thinking mirror image, enlarge person, and a few others, but I really haven't been able to settle on much.

Your thoughts Playgrounders?

*Shrugs*

Its hard to match the Paladin spell list when it comes to pure efficiency. The "discount" one can get is pretty hefty, while class specific spells can be gained by taking an Oath, like the Oath of Vengeance giving access to some Inquisitor-specific spells.

If you are sure that you don't get buffed and must use your very limited Paladin spells slots for this, then yeah, get the feat and grab some Bard spells to do it, but that's, well, a move of last resort when playing with a-holes.

carrdrivesyou
2018-01-10, 07:08 AM
*Shrugs*

If you are sure that you don't get buffed and must use your very limited Paladin spells slots for this, then yeah, get the feat and grab some Bard spells to do it, but that's, well, a move of last resort when playing with a-holes.

Sounds like you had a bad experience here...Dare I ask?

Florian
2018-01-10, 07:29 AM
Sounds like you had a bad experience here...Dare I ask?

Yes, I had. Some years ago, I posted an add on a local board looking for players for a Kingmaker campaign, what I got were some experienced WoD players who wanted to do anything "solo" and couldn't fathom the concepts of "team play" or "buffing". Don't ask, that was maybe the worst gaming experience I ever had.

carrdrivesyou
2018-01-10, 07:52 AM
Yes, I had. Some years ago, I posted an add on a local board looking for players for a Kingmaker campaign, what I got were some experienced WoD players who wanted to do anything "solo" and couldn't fathom the concepts of "team play" or "buffing". Don't ask, that was maybe the worst gaming experience I ever had.

Yikes...hate to hear that. Hopefully you have found better luck in recent years.

BWR
2018-01-11, 01:01 AM
2nd level - See Invisibility. So ridiculously useful when invisible enemies are further than 60 feet away.
4th - Dimensional Anchor - make sure those teleporting bastards can't escape. Dimension Door - teleportation is always good.

khadgar567
2018-01-11, 01:36 AM
depends on how unsanctioned you want to get but first ting come to my mind is blasphemy. oh the sweet irony of paladin of good using that spell.

Kurald Galain
2018-01-11, 02:59 AM
Assuming your paladin is primarily a melee fighter, this gish handbook (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus) has a selection of good arcane spells.

noob
2018-01-11, 03:03 AM
depends on how unsanctioned you want to get but first ting come to my mind is blasphemy. oh the sweet irony of paladin of good using that spell.

Blasphemy is close to the level of the spells Unsanctioned Knowledge allows to get but it is still too much high: it is a level 6 spell(on the class that gets it at the lowest level) and Unsanctioned Knowledge caps at level 4 spells.

khadgar567
2018-01-11, 03:24 AM
Blasphemy is close to the level of the spells Unsanctioned Knowledge allows to get but it is still too much high: it is a level 6 spell(on the class that gets it at the lowest level) and Unsanctioned Knowledge caps at level 4 spells.
Damn it it would be perfect if pally can cast it

carrdrivesyou
2018-01-11, 07:04 AM
Assuming your paladin is primarily a melee fighter, this gish handbook (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus) has a selection of good arcane spells.

I'll have a look! Thanks!