PDA

View Full Version : I'm Planning To Play An Evil Female Human Cleric

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-09, 04:52 PM
Hello everybody. I know I've been posting so many threads only in D&D 3.5 but I'm really enjoying playing 3.5 games and I'm trying to multitask as many separated games as possible. Just wnted to let you know. Anyway I'm planning to play an Chaotic Evil female human cleric of Malcanthet who has a horrible and disturbing past. Her named is Yubel Young and this is her character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1393518 Also I'm trying to get my evil cleric to heal. Is there any other way to heal?

Morcleon
2018-01-09, 04:58 PM
You can prepare Cure X Wounds spells. You just can't spontaneously convert them like a good (or some neutral) cleric can.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-09, 05:05 PM
You can prepare Cure X Wounds spells. You just can't spontaneously convert them like a good (or some neutral) cleric can.

How does that work?

Faily
2018-01-09, 05:14 PM
Take Profane Lifeleech?

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/libris-mortis-the-book-of-undead--71/profane-lifeleech--2247/

denthor
2018-01-09, 05:21 PM
Cleric have access when they pray for spells in your case dusk to midnight for evil . You choose the time let the DM know it never changes there is a roll if you miss or go early.

You can choose any spell you want from the spell list up to the maximum level you can cast.

's a 5th level with a 13 wisdom your casting state can get

1st level

2nd level

and

One 3rd-level spell

Plus your domain spell per level

You choose 2 domains can pick one Spell off that list per level.

Example trickery domain gives you invisibility as a 2nd level spell

Or if you have travel you get locate object

You choose per day which domain you want that day only one not both per level.

You are evil so any spell you pick can be changed at time if casting to inflict wounds except for your domain spell.

If you were good it would be heal wounds

Marlowe
2018-01-09, 06:42 PM
Bartmanhomer, as denthor said;

1, A GOOD Cleric can convert any spell they have prepped, bar those in the Domain slot, for the "Cure X Wounds" spell of the appropriate level. They also Turn Undead.

2, An EVIL Cleric can convert any spell they have prepped, bar those in the Domain slot, for the "Inflict X Wounds" spell of the appropriate level. They also Rebuke Undead.

3, A NEUTRAL Cleric can choose at character creation whether to Heal or Inflict. If they Heal, they also Turn Undead. If they choose to Inflict, they Rebuke Undead as well.
3a; For unstated reasons, a LN Cleric of Wee Jas doesn't get this choice and always has to Inflict/Rebuke.

4, A Cleric of any alignment can still prepare Healing spells or Inflict spells in the normal way. Heals and Inflicts aren't restricted by alignment.

Conclusion: An Evil Cleric can prep Healing spells fine. It's just not very convenient.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-09, 06:44 PM
Bartmanhomer, as denthor said;

1, A GOOD Cleric can convert any spell they have prepped, bar those in the Domain slot, for the "Cure X Wounds" spell of the appropriate level. They also Turn Undead.

2, An EVIL Cleric can convert any spell they have prepped, bar those in the Domain slot, for the "Inflict X Wounds" spell of the appropriate level. They also Rebuke Undead.

3, A NEUTRAL Cleric can choose at character creation whether to Heal or Inflict. If they Heal, they also Turn Undead. If they choose to Inflict, they Rebuke Undead as well.
3a; For unstated reasons, a LN Cleric of Wee Jas doesn't get this choice and always has to Inflict/Rebuke.

4, A Cleric of any alignment can still prepare Healing spells or Inflict spells in the normal way. Heals and Inflicts aren't restricted by alignment.

Conclusion: An Evil Cleric can prep Healing spells fine. It's just not very convenient.
Ok thank you as always Marlowe and everybody else. :smile:

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-09, 10:25 PM
Another question I have in mind, I want Yubel to become a full pledge demon or succubus. Is there any way to do this?

Yogibear41
2018-01-09, 10:47 PM
Another question I have in mind, I want Yubel to become a full pledge demon or succubus. Is there any way to do this?

Dragon magazine #353 has prestige class Thrall of Malcanthet, seems pretty fitting for you, gets you some succubus like abilities. 7/10 casting.

7th level spell Nar Fiendbound gives someone the half-fiend template, but also gives you the LA so its meh.

Acoltye of the Skin prestige class turns you into an outsider at level 10 as well as giving good DR, and a few resistances, but it loses 5 caster levels.

Goaty14
2018-01-09, 11:15 PM

Racial classes?

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-10, 08:48 AM
Racial classes?

I don't know what you mean by that. Can you explain a bit more clearly please?

KillianHawkeye
2018-01-10, 11:01 PM
Racial classes?

I don't know what you mean by that. Can you explain a bit more clearly please?

Racial classes (also known as savage progressions) are just a way to gain a higher level monster's racial abilities over time, thereby allowing you to start playing a monster character at a lower level than normal. However, you have to actually be a member of the correct race to use the racial classes. It's not like something you can multi-class into in order to gain the racial abilities of a different race, although I believe template classes for certain acquirable templates do exist.

There isn't really an easy way to just become a demon. According to the lore, it's true that a character's soul might eventually transform into an Outsider during the afterlife, but they're basically becoming a new character at that point. You might retain some memories or personality traits of your mortal life if you're lucky, but not stuff like skills or class levels. Also, there's no telling how long it takes to make that transition to a higher (or lower) form of existence.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-10, 11:04 PM
Racial classes (also known as savage progressions) are just a way to gain a higher level monster's racial abilities over time, thereby allowing you to start playing a monster character at a lower level than normal. However, you have to actually be a member of the correct race to use the racial classes. It's not like something you can multi-class into in order to gain the racial abilities of a different race, although I believe template classes for certain acquirable templates do exist.

There isn't really an easy way to just become a demon. According to the lore, it's true that a character's soul might eventually transform into an Outsider during the afterlife, but they're basically becoming a new character at that point. You might retain some memories or personality traits of your mortal life if you're lucky, but not stuff like skills or class levels. Also, there's no telling how long it takes to make that transition to a higher (or lower) form of existence.

Doesn't Level Adjustment usually involves in these racial classes? :confused:

weckar
2018-01-11, 03:51 AM
Yubel? As in YuGiOh Yubel? Or is it a more generic demon name I am not aware of?

Marlowe
2018-01-11, 03:59 AM
Not only can I think of no way to do this, Bartmanhomer, but I really don't think you're Succubus material.

To be honest, playing an Evil Cleric is a pain. Having to prep your healing spells cuts down your flexibility quite a bit. If you want to Rebuke and Wound, what you do is play a Neutral Cleric, max out you K/Religion at 1st level (should be doing this anyway) and take the Spontaneous Healer feat from Complete Divine. It lets you convert a prepped spell into a Cure a number of times a day equal to your Wis modifier. Notice that Evil Clerics can't take this feat.

What makes a man turn Neutral? Lust for power? Gold? Or was he just born with a heart full of neutrality. I don't know but my gut says maybe.

Why do you want to be Evil? Please note that your character could be Chaotic Neutral without much else about her changing.

Also; WTF is it with you and Padded Armour? No one uses Padded Armour; it's worthless. You also have Far, FAR too many skill points, you have spells prepped you can convert anyway, no languages or money (AGAIN), and I would privately consider taking Extend Spell at level one something of a waste. You won't even be able to use it. Unless the rest of the party are made up of Undead, I'd reconsider Profane Lifeleech as well. Would also consider swapping that CHR score for either STR (for combat) or INT (for skills). Note that since you have Trickery Domain you've got Hide, Bluff, and Disguise as class skills.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 07:31 AM
Yubel? As in YuGiOh Yubel? Or is it a more generic demon name I am not aware of?

Yes I got the named from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Marlowe
2018-01-11, 10:39 AM
Seriously, Bartmanhomer READ MY POST. Your character is currently illegal.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 11:33 AM
Seriously, Bartmanhomer READ MY POST. Your character is currently illegal.

I read your post. Calm down. I'm going to changed it. :annoyed:

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 06:11 PM
Ok I changed Yubel sheet very significantly. I think it very well balanced and legal.

Marlowe
2018-01-11, 10:09 PM
No, still got way too many skill points. She only gets 16 skill points at first level (2+1(Int bonus)+1(Human)x4. You've used 28.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 10:20 PM
No, still got way too many skill points. She only gets 16 skill points at first level (2+1(Int bonus)+1(Human)x4. You've used 28.

Ok done. Now I think it's a good sheet.

Marlowe
2018-01-11, 10:26 PM
And now you don't have ENOUGH skill points.

Seriously, BMH? You see those little boxes next to the skill that are all ticked and labled "CC"? That means cross-class. It helps to untick all your class skills before you begin.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 10:31 PM
And now you don't have ENOUGH skill points.

Seriously, BMH? You see those little boxes next to the skill that are all ticked and labled "CC"? That means cross-class. It helps to untick all your class skills before you begin.

Finally I'm done. Hooray! :smile:

Marlowe
2018-01-11, 11:53 PM
No Knowledges...:smalleek:

No money, languages, or mundane equipment either. Not even an Unholy symbol.

Is it just that you don't know what the starting gold is? Cleric is 5d4x10, average 125gp.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-11, 11:55 PM
No Knowledges...:smalleek:

No money, languages, or mundane equipment either. Not even an Unholy symbol.

Is it just that you don't know what the starting gold is? Cleric is 5d4x10, average 125gp.

Back to the drawing board. Ugh! :sigh:

Finally done it.

tadkins
2018-01-12, 12:45 AM
@Marlowe: He might be new to the game, go easy on him. I can see myself making many of the same mistakes. xD
@Bartmanhomer: Don't get frustrated, Marlowe seems to genuinely want to help you here.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-12, 12:52 AM
@Marlowe: He might be new to the game, go easy on him. I can see myself making many of the same mistakes. xD
@Bartmanhomer: Don't get frustrated, Marlowe seems to genuinely want to help you here.

Are you kidding? I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons for a year.

Marlowe
2018-01-12, 02:16 AM

Been playing with BTM a while now. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?511596-The-Black-Shingle-Fiasco)

This is at least the third character he's made that he equipped with Padded armour that could have and should have had much better protection. One of them didn't last 30 seconds.

weckar
2018-01-12, 04:08 AM
No knowledges is generally not that big a deal. Could just be that kind of character. Only speaking abyssal may be an issue, though; common is rather... common.

I personally like padded armour too. It is cheap, light and non-encumbering otherwise.

tadkins
2018-01-12, 04:15 AM
Are you kidding? I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons for a year.

Been playing with BTM a while now. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?511596-The-Black-Shingle-Fiasco)

This is at least the third character he's made that he equipped with Padded armour that could have and should have had much better protection. One of them didn't last 30 seconds.

Oh, my apologies then. :)

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-12, 06:51 PM
So what does everyone think of my character sheet now?

Marlowe
2018-01-13, 12:03 AM
Get a few more wooden Unholy symbols. They don't have weight and you'll want spares.

Buy silk rope. Not hempen. 5lb extra weight is not worth saving 9 gp.

I'm serious about swapping the CHR score over for strength.

40 rounds of crossbow ammo is a little much. Having lots of ammo is NICE but not every adventure involves standing on top of a tower for a full day and a night sniping into the demonic hordes below. That's just what happens to us. There's better things you could be using your encumbrance for.

She should probably have a buckler or a light shield at least.

EVERYONE needs a dagger. In case you are SWALLOWED.

lbuttitta
2018-01-13, 08:58 AM
You could have you and your party take Tomb-Tainted Soul (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/libris-mortis-the-book-of-undead--71/tomb-tainted-soul--2930/) (LM), assuming your party is non-Good.

Eldariel
2018-01-13, 10:44 AM
I'd just use Wands of Cure Light Wounds/Lesser Vigor like everyone else and prepare Heal (the spell) when it becomes available. Cure spells are really lackluster in combat and generally you're better off using your spellslots to either shut down or straight-up defeat your enemies first and heal up afterwards, except for highly action efficient healing like Heal.

Marlowe
2018-01-13, 11:22 AM
Don't know how this game is going to work out, but in the current one I'm in with him we're at level 4 and we don't have the cash for a wand of anything yet. I'm still in the Studded Leather I started with and finally got a masterwork bow. Progress.

KillianHawkeye
2018-01-13, 01:11 PM
I'd just use Wands of Cure Light Wounds/Lesser Vigor like everyone else and prepare Heal (the spell) when it becomes available. Cure spells are really lackluster in combat and generally you're better off using your spellslots to either shut down or straight-up defeat your enemies first and heal up afterwards, except for highly action efficient healing like Heal.

Don't know how this game is going to work out, but in the current one I'm in with him we're at level 4 and we don't have the cash for a wand of anything yet. I'm still in the Studded Leather I started with and finally got a masterwork bow. Progress.

Yeah, I don't quite understand the point of recommending wands and heal spells to a first-level character? I mean, it might be useful for the future, but it doesn't help anyone right now. :smallconfused:

Eldariel
2018-01-13, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I don't quite understand the point of recommending wands and heal spells to a first-level character? I mean, it might be useful for the future, but it doesn't help anyone right now. :smallconfused:

It's possible very quickly if the party pools their resources (which would be very favourable to all of them). Until then, preparing the spells is of course the easiest way, but I doubt it should be many encounters (though campaign dependent, of course, but level 2 stock WBL is already over the 750gp for a single character let alone a whole party).

Marlowe
2018-01-13, 10:40 PM
Now you're expecting other players to donate their resources to save this character from the conveniences of his build.

I can't see that going down well in many groups.

That's a little like the party Fighter going; "Oh, I chose to dump Constitution so one of you other guys is going to have to stand in front of me while I poke with a reach weapon."

Anthrowhale
2018-01-14, 12:13 AM
Empower Spell seems like a "why?" choice since you can't use it until 3rd level when you could choose Empower Spell.

If you want a mean surprise, then get the undeath domain (for extra turning), prepare heartache, and take the feats Heighten Spell and DMM[Heighten]. Once per day, you can generate a DC 21 will save-or-helpless.

Florian
2018-01-14, 06:16 AM

Which is a funny thing. If you allow "evil" alignments in your game, you also should cope with the consequences, which will be based on "character" and "game". It could well mean an "evil cleric" wanting to have each group member buy and hand over a wand of CLW and Restoration because itīs them that want to be healed up in the first place, right?

Marlowe
2018-01-14, 06:44 AM
And can you see the rest of the party, be they Good, Neutral, or Evil, putting up with this sort of thing for long?

Florian
2018-01-14, 06:53 AM
And can you see the rest of the party, be they Good, Neutral, or Evil, putting up with this sort of thing for long?

Sure. A game of "all alignments" also means "no teamwork" and no "party roles".

Marlowe
2018-01-14, 07:30 AM
Sure. A game of "all alignments" also means "no teamwork" and no "party roles".

..only if everyone's really, REALLY bad at it.

Eldariel
2018-01-14, 08:43 AM
Now you're expecting other players to donate their resources to save this character from the conveniences of his build.

That's a little like the party Fighter going; "Oh, I chose to dump Constitution so one of you other guys is going to have to stand in front of me while I poke with a reach weapon."

This just showcases fallacious thinking where class is assumed to equal party role. The difference is, Cleric can contribute more in favour of the party if not forced to spend his spell slots on curing. It's a party-wide benefit that everyone chime in to the healing costs and frees the Cleric up to use their slots for negating enemies instead. And Fighter might as well be an Archer; you shouldn't expect any given class to perform any particular party function. Most functions are class independent and can be performed by any class anyways - thus a Cleric who fights instead of healing is no less valid than the other way around or a combination.

Marlowe
2018-01-14, 09:03 AM
The thread, from almost the very first post, has been working around the question of getting this character, a Cleric, to heal. It is a little strange to ignore that now.

Yes, a Cleric can do many, many other things besides heal.

Why should the rest of the party give up their wealth to let them do them AND heal when they could just invest that wealth in healing items themselves? Cleric is already a class that can dominate a party very easily, why on earth should the rest of the party PAY to have them dominate even more?

Florian
2018-01-14, 09:08 AM
The thread, from almost the very first post, has been working around the question of getting this character, a Cleric, to heal. It is a little strange to ignore that now.

Why should the rest of the party give up their wealth to let them do them AND heal when they could just invest that wealth in healing items themselves? Cleric is already a class that can dominate a party very easily, why on earth should the rest of the party PAY to have them dominate even more?

Because D&D, as a game, heavily depends on certain roles to provide functionality?

Also, because the dreaded "domination" only happens when certain conditions are met?

Eldariel
2018-01-14, 10:20 AM

Is it "ignoring" to point out that he can indeed do the thing very easily with an item that would be in the best interest of everyone in the party to acquire ASAP anyways and that he could use?

Because healing is for the party, not for the Cleric. And the Cleric can do more for the party with other spell selection, healing spells save less average HP from the party in combat than e.g. Command or Cause Fear. Thus the party paying for party needs enabling the Cleric to keep everyone topped and help the party more makes the whole party more powerful! It's the best investment the party can make. It essentially removes the need for rests outside refilling spellslots for a long while by when you have more than enough gold to buy one or hundred more, and it frees up more spellslots for the party's overall output.

In other words, it is in the best interest of everyone in the party to invest in the item if they want healing. And a level 1 Cleric won't be dominating a party unless he goes seriously deep into optimization. Having 3 combat spells, weapon & armor just means she's one versatile contributor among the others. Meanwhile, pigeonholing her into the healer role hurts the party as a whole (less spell slots for solving difficult encounters) and enables the Cleric to do more than just heal (and guarantees that she can indeed heal; otherwise it's quite easy to run out of slots at an inopportune time and watch someone die; healing with most spells is action inefficient). The whole reason for Cleric combat proficiencies and the great variety of different kinds of buffs and control spells on the Cleric spell list is that the "healer" job was by far the least liked role in the olden days; it's monotonous, passive and not very interactive.

Mordaedil
2018-01-15, 06:10 AM
Empower Spell seems like a "why?" choice since you can't use it until 3rd level when you could choose Empower Spell.

Not sure how applicable it is in this case, but I often end up taking Empower long before I have practical use for it, because my higher level feat slots are consumed by more important feats and it'll come online too late otherwise. Such as taking Rapid Metamagic as a sorcerer at 9th level, a reserve spell feat at 6th level and somatic weaponry at 3rd level. Not sure if this applies to this build, really, but that'd be a circumstance where I'd take it early rather than late.

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-16, 06:16 PM
Sorry it took so long to respond everything back but I made some few changes that everybody suggested it

weckar
2018-01-17, 04:13 AM
I'm actually starting to look forward to your next [alignment][sex][race][class] thread :)

Bartmanhomer
2018-01-17, 08:44 AM
I'm actually starting to look forward to your next [alignment][sex][race][class] thread :)

I got a lot of characters that I created I think I'm at 200 character. But of course I'm not going to post all 200 characters in this Sub-Forum. I just post some characters that I feel relevant and useful for the games that I'm planning to play. Does anybody else got any comments and suggestions for Yubel Young character sheet?