PDA

View Full Version : Does maximum damage...?

SangoProduction
2018-01-09, 07:32 PM
Drunken Boxer
As long as you have the drunk status, you may deal lethal damage with your unarmed strikes and you do not provoke attacks of opportunity for using them. If you would normally be able to do this, you are treated as one size larger for the amount of damage your unarmed strikes deal. You can expend your drunk status to deal maximum damage with an unarmed strike as a free action.

This lets you maximize the damage of an unarmed strike. Is that purely the unarmed strike's damage, or everything involved with it? Say: If you have additional rider effects (like maybe you have enchanted your unarmed attacks with Flaming Burst or what have you), do the rider effects' damage also get maximized?

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this just before I left. Drunken Boxer is a Barroom Talent for Spheres of Might.

Mike Miller
2018-01-09, 07:38 PM
If you have the entirety of the text present, it sounds like an "ask your DM" situation. Although I think the spirit of the functionality would be the unarmed strike and that is all.

martixy
2018-01-09, 07:47 PM
If you have the entirety of the text present, it sounds like an "ask your DM" situation. Although I think the spirit of the functionality would be the unarmed strike and that is all.

Probably same as critical hits. Base damage die, without anything else.
It'd be amusing on a rogue/monk otherwise.

However that's not a Drunken Master class feature? Is it some kind of homebrew? In which case your only actual option is "ask your DM".

Melcar
2018-01-09, 07:51 PM
This lets you maximize the damage of an unarmed strike. Is that purely the unarmed strike's damage, or everything involved with it? Say: If you have additional rider effects (like maybe you have enchanted your unarmed attacks with Flaming Burst or what have you), do the rider effects' damage also get maximized?

Ok, so first chose a hominoid colossal being and pump str. Be a level 20 monk and take improved natural weapon... And take necklace of mighty fists to make the +5. There is also an item, cant remember name, which makes it so you can enchant the item and it effects the unarmed attack. Put coalition on them for another +5 damage.

legomaster00156
2018-01-09, 07:53 PM
Probably same as critical hits. Base damage die, without anything else.
It'd be amusing on a rogue/monk otherwise.

However that's not a Drunken Master class feature? Is it some kind of homebrew? In which case your only actual option is "ask your DM".
Actually, this is a talent from Spheres of Might.

Rainshine
2018-01-09, 09:28 PM
There's an SoM thread around here, but I'm going to echo and say just your 'weapon' damage dice, no riders

SangoProduction
2018-01-10, 01:04 AM
Well, I was hoping there was a general rule about maximizing damage. I guess spells don't often have riders on them that could be considered part of the spell like an enchantment could.

Oh well, you're probably right.

stack
2018-01-10, 07:34 AM
While I didn't work on barroom, I am quite certain you are only maximizing the base damage dice.

Necroticplague
2018-01-10, 11:43 AM
It only says you get to maximize the damage of your Unarmed Strike. Your Flaming and Sneak Attack aren’t your Unarmed Strike, those are bonuses to it.

N. Jolly
2018-01-10, 03:19 PM

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this just before I left. Drunken Boxer is a Barroom Talent for Spheres of Might.

This is intended to only work with the damage from the unarmed strike, not any riders.

SangoProduction
2018-01-11, 06:51 PM
This is intended to only work with the damage from the unarmed strike, not any riders.

But if you crit, do you do the maximum unarmed strike damage for the crit as well? (not any riders)

N. Jolly
2018-01-11, 11:03 PM
But if you crit, do you do the maximum unarmed strike damage for the crit as well? (not any riders)

Yes, you do max out the crit damage.