PDA

View Full Version : Project DnDE [Canceled]

Bitzeralisis
2007-08-23, 05:49 PM
Here's a little something I've been working on over the past few days.

Project DnDE

A free Flash Animated D&D emulator in the making, it probably will update very slowly, especially with school starting. The estimated time for character creation to be completed is around the likes of two to three months, but usually ( such as now ) I underestimate myself, so don't trust my own estimates.

Project DnDE 0.00001a (http://www.mediafire.com/?ctr4t4zxlfn)

This version of Project DnDE is basically a bunch of character creation stuff ( namely, character names, player names, alignment, gender, ability score rolling, and adding levels into Fighter, with the only effect being increased BaB and saves. Feats are not estimated to come out soon, as is the same with skills.
Don't expect the graphics to be good. I am only good at drawing Rich's style of stick people, and any generic or technical-like drawings, such as simplistic swords and weapons, charts, circles, etc. Sooner or later I might want someone to help me with the graphics, but concurrently I am only worrying about the Actionscript programming to make Project DnDE actually work.

Please report any bugs to me on this thread.

I am Currently Working On:
BaBs and saves for more classes
An XP meter
Ability increases from levels

Reinboom
2007-08-23, 06:00 PM
Neat and quick :smallsmile:

I understand the graphics lack, but may I request you use something to mark what is a button and what isn't?

Also, may I request you put a counter next to each roll thing telling you how many times you clicked it - to discourage players from sneaking in rerolls?

Also, if you go back and change the stats, they don't update on the final page until you also change the race.

Bitzeralisis
2007-08-23, 06:04 PM
Neat and quick :smallsmile:

I understand the graphics lack, but may I request you use something to mark what is a button and what isn't?

I hadn't realized this since I already knew where all the buttons were. Will do.

Also, may I request you put a counter next to each roll thing telling you how many times you clicked it - to discourage players from sneaking in rerolls?

This isn't meant to be substituted for real D&D yet. It's only a test I'm doing. Won't do.

Also, if you go back and change the stats, they don't update on the final page until you also change the race.

Simple problem I already realized. Easy to fix. Will do.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-23, 07:07 PM
I can't tell what it's like since I'm on Linux and all. So, I think the amount of commentary I can make is limited.

I'm guessing a lot of it is actionscript. Which unfortunately I also don't know (it's on my list of things to do)

One thing you could do, is put each class description in a file. That way rather than adding stuff to your source code. Each class would be described in this (or it could be separate files) BaB, hit dice, and Saves should be easy as cake to deal with. Skills harder. Abilities harder, unless you just write them down.

It's always a good idea to make your code modular and easy to change in the future.

If you're feeling badass? Write some parsers and run them on the SRD. Way easier than say, entering every single spell. And again, this makes it easy to add more stuff later. Parsers are fairly advanced stuff though so you may want to give that one a pass.

It is also unfortunately illegal to make any kind of "automated programs" for D20, with that wonderfully deceptively titled open gaming licence. I know I've personally been tempted to program "the game" myself. I might do it for just my own game anyways. (That better be protected under fair use)

Good luck though
All in all, good luck.