PDA

View Full Version : Human or Firbolg nature Cleric

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-10, 09:23 AM
Im making some characters for new members to my group and i need to make a nature cleric. Im trying to decide if i should use firbolg or human for the role. The party consists of a lizard folk war mage, a orc wolf barb, and a halfling glam bard. We may also have a sea elf rouge and human fighter joining too. So which should I use? ( I was thinking firbolg for the wis bonus and bonus spell casting.

Quoz
2018-01-10, 09:47 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty good spread on your group. You won't go wrong mechanically with either choice. Firbolg stats are perfect for a cleric or druid, and the innate spells give a lot of utility at low levels. Of course, Vuman is always solid with flexible stats and the free feat.

Go with whichever seems to be more interesting. I personally would view the Firbolg with a very Native American shaman feel, riding the line between nature cleric and druid as a shaman of sorts. With their natural spellcasting disguises and invisibility, following a nature themed god with an element of trickery like Anansi (Spider) or Coyote would be a very fun play.

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-10, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty good spread on your group. You won't go wrong mechanically with either choice. Firbolg stats are perfect for a cleric or druid, and the innate spells give a lot of utility at low levels. Of course, Vuman is always solid with flexible stats and the free feat.

Go with whichever seems to be more interesting. I personally would view the Firbolg with a very Native American shaman feel, riding the line between nature cleric and druid as a shaman of sorts. With their natural spellcasting disguises and invisibility, following a nature themed god with an element of trickery like Anansi (Spider) or Coyote would be a very fun play.

I think ill go with the firbolg thanks.

the_brazenburn
2018-01-10, 10:09 AM

Anansi is African:tongue:.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a mythology Nazi. The idea is solid. I do feel like 1 human in a group of 6 is a bit wrong, especially if there are three uncommon races (sea elf, firbolg, and lizardfolk).

noob
2018-01-10, 10:11 AM
sea elf rouge
So it is an elf from the red sea?
Does it gets swim in very salted water?

the_brazenburn
2018-01-10, 10:13 AM

See, Ivor! I keep telling you to fix the way you type that!

Seriously, learn the correct spelling.

I may have mentioned I'm a myth-and-grammar-Nazi?

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-01-10, 10:39 AM
I know how its spelled rogue I... just keep forgetting.

haha i'm adding that to the backstory