PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Gunslinger idea

Amdy_vill
2018-01-10, 12:23 PM
so is it possible for a pact of the blades warlock with 3 levels in fighter gunslinger to summon a gun. i know there is no way in the class for this to happen but are there items or feats.

Blackbando
2018-01-10, 12:28 PM
If I recall correctly, one of the Xanathar's invocations for bladelock let them summon a ranged weapon of some sort. I think a longbow, maybe a hand crossbow? I'm away from my books at the moment. Point is, if you take that, your DM might let you summon a gun, instead.

RAW, though? I believe not.

Amdy_vill
2018-01-10, 12:30 PM
If I recall correctly, one of the Xanathar's invocations for bladelock let them summon a ranged weapon of some sort. I think a longbow, maybe a hand crossbow? I'm away from my books at the moment. Point is, if you take that, your DM might let you summon a gun, instead.

thank you i will go look in that area

DivisibleByZero
2018-01-10, 12:33 PM
What's the point though? If you want a ranged Warlock, you know what the answer is.... Just fluff EB however you want. You want a gun? Fluff your focus to be a wand that looks like a gun and shoot your EBs out of it.

Amdy_vill
2018-01-10, 01:22 PM
What's the point though? If you want a ranged Warlock, you know what the answer is.... Just fluff EB however you want. You want a gun? Fluff your focus to be a wand that looks like a gun and shoot your EBs out of it.

the idea was to play a blade lock that use both swords and guns with his pact

DivisibleByZero
2018-01-10, 01:25 PM
the idea was to play a blade lock that use both swords and guns with his pact

OK, but I still don't see the point.

That thing that I can just do, at all times, with no requirements at all? I want a worse version of it which requires me to have a weapon in hand, which also eats up my action economy to manifest/draw. And I want it to do a lot less damage. And I want it to be a more resisted damage type. And I want to get half as many attacks with it.
OK, sure. But why?

Skyblaze
2018-01-10, 01:30 PM
Currently, one of my PCs just shoots Eldritch blasts out of a pistol as an arcane focus.

Paeleus
2018-01-10, 02:00 PM
There's an old Unearthed Arcana titled Modern Magic that contains a warlock invocation allowing one to summon a side arm or long arm (blade pact required).

Quoxis
2018-01-10, 02:49 PM

Various ranged weapons (short- and longbow, light and heavy crossbow), no hand crossbow though.

Vogie
2018-01-10, 03:15 PM
There's an old Unearthed Arcana titled Modern Magic that contains a warlock invocation allowing one to summon a side arm or long arm (blade pact required).

Yep, it was called Arcane Gunslinger. If the link works, it was HERE (http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf). It also gives stats to various firearms.

Joe the Rat
2018-01-10, 03:16 PM
Per standard, you can turn any non-intelligent, non-artifact weapon into your pact weapon with a ritual. This was the only way you could get a ranged pact weapon early on, and would totally be transferrable here. The catch is that you may not be able to summon anything you want from then on - just that bonded weapon. upside you already have proficiency in swords from Fighter, so you're only down the ability to pull one out of nothing.

As I am not familiar with the gunslinger, I don't know what it gets you beyond standard fightering, or what the benefit would be over shooting ghost bullets.

Vogie
2018-01-10, 04:08 PM
Per standard, you can turn any non-intelligent, non-artifact weapon into your pact weapon with a ritual. This was the only way you could get a ranged pact weapon early on, and would totally be transferrable here. The catch is that you may not be able to summon anything you want from then on - just that bonded weapon. upside you already have proficiency in swords from Fighter, so you're only down the ability to pull one out of nothing.

As I am not familiar with the gunslinger, I don't know what it gets you beyond standard fightering, or what the benefit would be over shooting ghost bullets.

Base Pact of the blade can only make a melee weapons, and you can add any magic weapon a pact weapon with the ritual. So if you have a magic ranged weapon, that can be added, but a normal bow or gun could not be added.

Improved pact weapon expanse the options to include shortbows, longbows, light crossbows, or heavy crossbows

Arcane Gunslinger expands the option to include sidearms and long arms.

With all Pact weapons, they don't come with ammunition, save if you've done the Moon Bow invocation with the Archfey Patron, which magically generates arrows.

Arelai
2018-01-10, 09:05 PM
1 level of forge cleric(or if you have a Forge cleric around) can turn a weapon into a magical weapon-make your pact with it, when the Forge buff fades, the pact remains-depending on if you’re dm wants to be a **** or not.