PDA

View Full Version : Questions pertaining to cohort

Melcar
2018-01-10, 04:25 PM
Hello scribes...

I am wondering how many cohorts one can have? The leadership feat does not seem to mention how many however DMG page 104 suggest multiple.

I'm confused!!!

Florian
2018-01-10, 04:29 PM
I don't really understand your question. The Leadership feat allows you exactly one Cohort and that's that.

Melcar
2018-01-10, 05:12 PM
I don't really understand your question. The Leadership feat allows you exactly one Cohort and that's that.

Where does it say "a single cohort"? I cant find it!

Thurbane
2018-01-10, 05:17 PM

Leadership feat is not the only method of gaining cohorts, though.

As per the DMG page that OP cited:

There are no limitations on the class, race, or gender of a character’s cohorts, nor limits to the number of cohorts who can be employed by a character.

So, if through the Leadership feat, there is a hard limit of one cohort (see the DMG p.106). If through other methods, the answer would be "Ask your DM".

Melcar
2018-01-10, 05:24 PM
Leadership feat is not the only method of gaining cohorts, though.

As per the DMG page that OP cited:

So, if through the Leadership feat, there is a hard limit of one cohort (see the DMG p.106). If through other methods, the answer would be "Ask your DM".

Thanks... I see the "Attracting Cohorts" on 106... it says cohorts in plural and says its up to the DM!

I guess thats the answer then! Entirely up to the DM!

Remuko
2018-01-10, 07:30 PM
Thanks... I see the "Attracting Cohorts" on 106... it says cohorts in plural and says its up to the DM!

I guess thats the answer then! Entirely up to the DM!

Except by the feat, which only gives one. Go look up the feat on the SRD, it says you attract a cohort. This means 1. No more; no less.

unseenmage
2018-01-10, 07:39 PM
Additionally the Power of Faerun book expands on Leadership and exactly how attracting cohorts can work.

KillianHawkeye
2018-01-11, 04:46 PM
Leadership is one of those things that is highly DM dependent. More-so than most things. That's because it involves putting a PC in charge of a bunch of NPCs, and the DM is the one who creates and controls all NPCs. Some DMs might give their players more leeway on the types and number of cohorts they can recruit.