PDA

View Full Version : Tome Info?

Afgncaap5
2018-01-11, 01:44 AM
Is there a good place to find info on Tomes? I only have a small handful of books, and there's a specific tome I'm looking for (basically a deck of cards). I'm pretty sure it was PH2, but I don't own that.

masteraleph
2018-01-11, 07:15 AM
You may be looking for the Deck of Spells, which is a level 14+ Tome printed in Adventurer's Vault 2. It has something of a shuffle-like effect as its property (you randomly pick a daily power from your spellbook after each extended rest, have to prepare it as one of your spells, and get a bonus to hit), and also gives you the ability to "pick" a card once per day (exchanging one daily that's prepared for another that is and a bonus to hit).

There is also a deck Artifact, the Deck of Many Things, but that can make things more...interesting than you'd like. Also comes only from the DM, and comes specifically from an adventure at the end, so I don't think it's what you're thinking of.

Worth noting that if you use tomes, Mage Hand is an very good cantrip for you to have- Tome Expertise means that enemies adjacent to summons or conjurations grant combat advantage, and Mage Hand is a conjuration.

Afgncaap5
2018-01-12, 07:00 PM
You may be looking for the Deck of Spells, which is a level 14+ Tome printed in Adventurer's Vault 2. It has something of a shuffle-like effect as its property (you randomly pick a daily power from your spellbook after each extended rest, have to prepare it as one of your spells, and get a bonus to hit), and also gives you the ability to "pick" a card once per day (exchanging one daily that's prepared for another that is and a bonus to hit).

There is also a deck Artifact, the Deck of Many Things, but that can make things more...interesting than you'd like. Also comes only from the DM, and comes specifically from an adventure at the end, so I don't think it's what you're thinking of.

Worth noting that if you use tomes, Mage Hand is an very good cantrip for you to have- Tome Expertise means that enemies adjacent to summons or conjurations grant combat advantage, and Mage Hand is a conjuration.

The first one is what I was looking for, thanks!

ScrivenerofDoom
2018-01-12, 08:53 PM
It sounds like the OP needs a copy of the offline Compendium....