PDA

View Full Version : Belkar and V

talagan
2007-08-23, 07:05 PM
Umm... is this the first time Belkar has ever said V's name? I'm gonan reread the whole comic, Report if you find any!

Spiryt
2007-08-23, 07:17 PM
Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0020.html)

I can't be sure, but I recall that he called him/her with full name few time.

Usually he just prefer to shorten it.

Leper_Kahn
2007-08-23, 11:11 PM
That was early though and if Belkar is anything like me he forgets names really really quickly. I make up for it by either giving nicknames, V, or looking RIGHT at the person when I talk to them. So maybe Belkar knew V's name in the beginning, but forgot it later. This entire post has been a half joke so don't mind it.

ag30476
2007-08-23, 11:15 PM
Umm... is this the first time Belkar has ever said V's name? I'm gonan reread the whole comic, Report if you find any!

But why? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3083656#post3083656) Does Belkar want V's rescue again? Does that mean that Belkar's brain is still in lust mode for V? Or does it mean that Belkar knows deep down in his little CE halfling barbarian heart that wizards rule!

Tirian
2007-08-23, 11:22 PM
But why? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3083656#post3083656) Does Belkar want V's rescue again? Does that mean that Belkar's brain is still in lust mode for V? Or does it mean that Belkar knows deep down in his little CE halfling barbarian heart that wizards rule!

Or just that he knows deep down in his little CE halfling barbarian heart that Vaarsuvius has a habit of playing practical jokes on him and needs to be assured that this is, in fact, go time.

Cf the last three panels of #408, where B suggests that now would be a good time for Roy to mention that the MoJ was a hoax.

Kashkalgar
2007-08-23, 11:27 PM
So... Belkar, being chaotic, would have no hangups (one would suppose) about the whole, "V might be a guy" thing.
They did make out at the turning of the year; or, at least, Belkar kissed V.
Perhaps B is subconsciously pining for the time when he felt like a fully realized individual? (i.e. when V cast Owl's Wisdom on B)
What I would like to see: V is female, (or male, whatever) B confesses love for V, V memorizes Owl's Wisdom every day and casts it on B, and B loves her/him for it.
Hmm... something seems to be reminiscent of erfworld.

the_tick_rules
2007-08-23, 11:46 PM
belkar did become a lot less violent with owl's wisdom, too bad it only lasted a strip. or good actually, belkar is hillarious.

ag30476
2007-08-23, 11:48 PM
So... Belkar, being chaotic, would have no hangups (one would suppose) about the whole, "V might be a guy" thing.

Oh man that's the start of one hilarious alignment discussion.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-24, 01:57 AM

Wait, so are you saying that Chaotic people are bisexual???? I consider myself to be Chaotic Good and I know that I am very attracted to and only to the opposite sex. :smalltongue:

Oh, and yes, ag30476, this is going to be hilarious.

ag30476
2007-08-24, 02:02 AM
I consider myself to be Chaotic Good and I know that I am very attracted to and only to the opposite sex. :smalltongue:

Naturally. Women are Lawful Evil. First they want you to get married. Then they want you to raise little demon childrenses.

talagan
2007-08-24, 09:18 AM
Uhhh... this isn't a v and Belkar love thread, this is a thread to find occurences of V's name.

ag30476
2007-08-24, 10:57 AM
Uhhh... this isn't a v and Belkar love thread, this is a thread to find occurences of V's name.

Let's not call it hijacking. Let's call it thread drift.

Holy_Knight
2007-08-24, 11:55 AM
They did make out at the turning of the year; or, at least, Belkar kissed V.
Perhaps B is subconsciously pining for the time when he felt like a fully realized individual? (i.e. when V cast Owl's Wisdom on B)
What I would like to see: V is female, (or male, whatever) B confesses love for V, V memorizes Owl's Wisdom every day and casts it on B, and B loves her/him for it.
Hmm... something seems to be reminiscent of erfworld.

V is married.