PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-23, 07:19 PM
OK the question is on permancy the spell, how often do you prepare it, do you take it with you once just incase you might want to make a spell effect permanent, or do you only prepare it for when you want to get detect magic at will and then never open that page of the spell book again.

also what is it most commonly used for, what spell, or is there a specific type of spell you like to combo with is for use around the house and what not. Just some genral thoughts would be nice. and ty in advance.

Fax Celestis
2007-08-23, 07:24 PM
Usually I scroll it, but like permanencing detection magics (such as see invisibility, detect magic, arcane sight, or detect evil).

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-23, 07:30 PM
Ok

also though would you allow some one to use something like freezing water, or darkness or other spells that arent on the permancy list become permanent.

averagejoe
2007-08-23, 08:12 PM
Well, perminently freezing water could get a bit silly; it could effectively give one a perminant "cold" resovoir. I know magic commonly messes with the laws of physics, but this would do so in such a far-reaching and, well, perminant way that there could be pretty bad repercussions. Not the least of which is making your poor DM figure out exactly what the rammifications of this would be. That's the other thing; with spells like darkness, you'd have to judge exactly how perminant it is, and what might dispel perminancy.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-23, 08:27 PM
Well it says in the discription a targeted dispel magic. Oh and i Meen like a small pond, Like in WotSQ when Pharaun freezes the water to keep the demon traped forever. Or in the same book when he makes the polymorph on Valas permanent.

Flawless
2007-08-23, 08:34 PM
Well, perminently freezing water could get a bit silly; it could effectively give one a perminant "cold" resovoir. I know magic commonly messes with the laws of physics, but this would do so in such a far-reaching and, well, perminant way that there could be pretty bad repercussions. Not the least of which is making your poor DM figure out exactly what the rammifications of this would be. That's the other thing; with spells like darkness, you'd have to judge exactly how perminant it is, and what might dispel perminancy.

You can create a permanent wall of fire, which is a permanent source of heat. So, no big deal with freezing water.