PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Dr. Facilier

JNAProductions
2018-01-11, 09:12 PM
Are you in King Asgore's Court? Then don't read this!

I repeat:

My players in King Asgore's Court should NOT read the following stat block!

Dr. Facilier
Medium Humanoid, Neutral Evil

Armor Class 19 (Magnificent Bastard)
Hit Points 137 (21d8+42)
Speed 40'

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

12 (+1)
16 (+3)
14 (+2)
17 (+3)
8 (-1)
22 (+6)

Skills Deception +12, Insight +5, Arcana +6, History +6
Damage Resistances Non-magical weapon damage, Necrotic damage
Saves Wisdom +2
Senses Darkvision 120'
Languages Common, Many others
Challenge 8.5

Magnificent Bastard Dr. Facilier adds his Charisma modifier to his AC and his Initiative checks while unarmored.

Possession Dr. Facilier's shadow is animate and likes to possess people, especially when his old body dies. Whenever Dr. Facilier's current body dies, anyone within 120' must immediately make a DC 17 Charisma saving throw. Whoever rolls the lowest on their save and rolls below the DC is possessed by his shadow. These subtle changes are nearly impossible to detect, but with a DC 22 Perception check specifically focused on the person you can notice the subtle differences in their shadow. Over the next 1d10 days, Dr. Facilier will slowly take over their mind, though will usually start lying his butt off to keep that fact hidden.

Spellcasting Dr. Facilier is a 10th level caster, using Charisma as his spellcasting stat. +9 attack bonus, DC 17 saves.

He knows the following spells, and has the following amount of slots:

Cantrips Guidance, Prestidigitation, Sacred Flame (Necrotic Damage)
1st (4 Slots) Bane, Command, Guiding Bolt (Necrotic Damage), Inflict Wounds, Sanctuary
2nd (3 Slots) Enhance Ability, Hold Person, Silence
3rd (3 Slots) Animate Dead, Feign Death, Speak With Dead, Spirit Guardians
4th (3 Slots) Banishment, Freedom Of Movement
5th (2 Slots) Contagion

Actions

Staff Of The Wicked Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to-hit, reach 10', one target. Hit: 1d6+3 magical bludgeoning damage, and the target is pushed 10' back.

Shadow Strike Melee Spell Attack: +9 to-hit, reach 30', any two targets within 15' of each other. Hit: 1d8+6 necrotic damage.

Multiattack: Dr. Facilier makes three attacks, in any combination of Staff and Shadow Strike attacks.

Bonus Actions

Lite Shadow Strike Melee Spell Attack: +9 to-hit, reach 30', one target. Hit: 1d8+6 necrotic damage.

Marked For Mine Dr. Facilier selects one target he can see within 120'. They gain disadvantage on Charisma saves, and suffer a further -1d4 to all d20 rolls while Marked in this manner. The target remains Marked until Dr. Facilier selects a new target, or one minute after his death. A target does not know they are marked, though may realize it when they suffer the penalty.

Reaction

Shadowy Shield As a reaction, Dr. Facilier causes his shadow to deflect a blow. Increase his AC by 3 against the attack, and inflict 1d10 necrotic damage on the attacker.

HP gives us a DCR of 5, upped by 2 for his great AC.

DPR is, assuming Shadow Strike hits ten people total (three each from the regular and one from the bonus action) is a whopping 17. Let's cut that a little bit.

Okay, Shadow Strike has been changed to hit 2 targets, for 7 hits, for CR 11. But, since it HAS to be distributed, I think we can call that dropping the CR by 1? So OCR 10?

I could drop his HP to hit CR 7 (my goal) but I kinda want him to be a good boss, so we'll just settle for CR 17/2, or 8.5. Not sure whether to err on the side of 8 or 9.

Staff of the Wicked: This is a really nice staff. Light, well-balanced... In fact, it's so good and balanced that, when wielded in one hand, it gains the Finesse property! It has also been in the good Doctor's possession for so long that its blows count as magical.
No attunement needed.