PDA

View Full Version : 4 class multiclass oh my

Spacehamster
2018-01-12, 08:14 AM
Would 8 Champion, 4 gloom stalker, 4 assassin and 4 Kensai be worth it together and if you did go with it in which order would you take the levels?

They all have abilities that mesh well together but with so many classes it becomes a dilemma what to take first, 6 champ for two ASI/feats and 2nd attack seems like a given after that probably 3 or 4 assassin?

Would in any case be a archery/dueling style char with good mobility, insane initiative, advantage on first round in every combat, couple options for good bonus actions(Kensai shot, cunning action and hunters mark), good nova potential and 6 ASI’s.

So any of the classes that add too little to the mc stew and even if you think so I am curious in which order you would take the levels with the split I chose. :)

Citan
2018-01-12, 11:30 AM
Would 8 Champion, 4 gloom stalker, 4 assassin and 4 Kensai be worth it together and if you did go with it in which order would you take the levels?

They all have abilities that mesh well together but with so many classes it becomes a dilemma what to take first, 6 champ for two ASI/feats and 2nd attack seems like a given after that probably 3 or 4 assassin?

Would in any case be a archery/dueling style char with good mobility, insane initiative, advantage on first round in every combat, couple options for good bonus actions(Kensai shot, cunning action and hunters mark), good nova potential and 6 ASI’s.

So any of the classes that add too little to the mc stew and even if you think so I am curious in which order you would take the levels with the split I chose. :)
Hey ;)

I'll be blunt here: I don't understand why this particular split. ^^
I'd definitely eat at Champion to level Monk.
But anyways, OP is about how to level your split, so there we go...
Fighter > Ranger > Rogue > Monk > Rogue 3 > Ranger 3 > whatever.
Idea here is that you basically want a character that can get a drop on your opponent: so first priority is being Expert at Hiding, then great at getting Initiative and an extra attack.

Honestly though, I have trouble seeing all the synergies between classes because not familiar with Xanathar's one, so I definitely don't pretend it's the best way to go. ;)

OldTrees1
2018-01-12, 12:40 PM
Level
Champion
Kensai
Assassin
GloomStalker

1st
• Fighting Style
• Second Wind
• Martial Arts
• Expertise x2
• Sneak Attack +1d6

2nd
• Action Surge
• Ki
Flurry of Blows
Step of the Wind

• Cunning Action
• Fighting Style
• 1st level spells
3rd
• Improved Critical
• Kensai Weapons
• Agile Parry
• Kensai Shot
• Assassinate
• Sneak Attack +2d6
• Umbral Sight
• Dread Ambusher
4th
• ASI/ Feat
• ASI/ Feat
• ASI/ Feat
• ASI/ Feat
5th
• Extra Attack
• Extra Attack
• Stunning Strike
• Uncanny Dodge
• Sneak Attack +3d6
• Extra Attack
• 2nd level spells
Pass Without Trace

6th
• ASI/ Feat
• Magic Unarmed Strikes
• Magic Kensai Weapons
• Deft Strike
• Expertise x4

A lot of these features synergize, but some are fighting each other, and others result in a fencepost defense. This is in addition to the trouble in finding a 5th level multiclass combination that doesn't feel like 4.5th level. Since you are talking about 20 levels, I assume you have looked into the high level saving throw problems (How are you going to defend against the 3 main ones)?