PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Infernalist Sheet

MarlinhoAlface
2018-01-12, 10:28 AM
Hello, so, I am trying to start on d&d 5e because of a friend, and, one of my members want to be an infernalist. i can't find specific information for him, you know? like the spells, the proficiences, and all that. Can anyone help me?

Unoriginal
2018-01-12, 10:36 AM
Hello, so, I am trying to start on d&d 5e because of a friend, and, one of my members want to be an infernalist. i can't find specific information for him, you know? like the spells, the proficiences, and all that. Can anyone help me?

There is nothing in 5e called "Infernalist".

How did your friend describe it?

By the sound of it, it might be a Fiend Pact Warlock.

MarlinhoAlface
2018-01-12, 10:46 AM
There is nothing in 5e called "Infernalist".

How did your friend describe it?

By the sound of it, it might be a Fiend Pact Warlock.

So, it wasn't actually the Fiend pact warlock, i tried to show him the Warlock and he said it wasn't quite it. I did found some mentions of it, like on "college of lore" (Sorry i can't post links)

Asmotherion
2018-01-12, 11:29 AM
Just a thought, but do you perhaps play D&D in an other language. Some class names are translated otherwise in other languages, so this might be the cause of this confusion.

Other than the Fiend Pact Warlock, what I could think of is some Divine Soul Sorcerer that has an Evil origin, a Shadow Sorcerer, the Hexblade Warlock, or the College of Whispers Bard, all of who could be translated as Infernalist. Finally the Necromancer is a candidate. Try asking him more about what the class does, so that we can help you find it.

-Is it a Full Caster, Half Caster, 1/3 Caster?
-Was it a hard coppy publication, or a UA one?
-PHB, Xanathar's, Somewere else?
-What is the main concept he wants to work with the class?
-How many Cantrips does the Class have?

Now, If it's a custom class, and not an official one, I really can't help as I have no idea.

MarlinhoAlface
2018-01-12, 11:50 AM
Just a thought, but do you perhaps play D&D in an other language. Some class names are translated otherwise in other languages, so this might be the cause of this confusion.

Other than the Fiend Pact Warlock, what I could think of is some Divine Soul Sorcerer that has an Evil origin, a Shadow Sorcerer, the Hexblade Warlock, or the College of Whispers Bard, all of who could be translated as Infernalist. Finally the Necromancer is a candidate. Try asking him more about what the class does, so that we can help you find it.

-Is it a Full Caster, Half Caster, 1/3 Caster?
-Was it a hard coppy publication, or a UA one?
-PHB, Xanathar's, Somewere else?
-What is the main concept he wants to work with the class?
-How many Cantrips does the Class have?

Now, If it's a custom class, and not an official one, I really can't help as I have no idea.

He got satisfied with the warlock fiend pact

Mortis_Elrod
2018-01-12, 02:49 PM
He got satisfied with the warlock fiend pact

Ok fine but ... I gotta know what he was talking about ?

Sigreid
2018-01-12, 03:17 PM
In the book of vile darkness they had a Diabolist or some such.

Lombra
2018-01-12, 05:29 PM
Fiend warlock with the new xhanathar summoning spells should do the trick if that's what I understand he's looking for.

Probabily pact of the tome/chain for flavor