PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rpg systems to do two things.

Verbannon
2018-01-12, 02:54 PM
I've been listening to some litRPG books and now I'm wondering if there are any games out there that can actually do some of the more significant things in them.

First off is there a game system anywhere that focuses on the building and creation of cities ect? Like ranks cities by level ect?

Second off is there a system that ranks dungeons by levels, resources they provide, ect?

Or to put it another way are there systems out there that treat dungeons and cities like characters with stat sheets and leveling up and expansion that way?

stanleyindraven
2018-01-13, 09:01 AM
Not that i know of, want to make one?

Just saying, start as a tavern or inn, develop into a thorpe, hamlet, village, town, city and so on. Each level needs certain population. The city can have a major and minor focus that determines "class". Things like this. But then you have to define the premise of the games, why level, what does one do as a city character, what time table do you use?

Berenger
2018-01-14, 05:01 PM
Sadly, I have no idea where to find such a system. If you want to make up one from scratch, this article might be of use: Medieval Demographics Made Easy. (http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm)

Psikerlord
2018-01-14, 06:17 PM
Wasnt there a computer game like this, city builder thing - I forget the name now

Tipsy_Pooka
2018-01-14, 07:13 PM
Sadly, I have no idea where to find such a system. If you want to make up one from scratch, this article might be of use: Medieval Demographics Made Easy. (http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm)

This is one of my favorite resources. I would also recommend "A Magical Medieval Society - Western Europe" by Expeditious Retreat Press. The OD&D Rules Cyclopedia also had an OK system as well.

Wasnt there a computer game like this, city builder thing - I forget the name now

There was a game called "Banished" that did the medieval-ish city builder thing that was quite good.

To the OP, not that I've seen... but the concept is really interesting...

Grod_The_Giant
2018-01-16, 05:57 PM
Reign and Adventurer, Conquerer, King are the two I've seen most often suggested for kingdom-building type stuff.