PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Lord of Blades Reskin

Falontani
2018-01-12, 03:52 PM
My party is currently level 12 and they are exploring the mournlands attempting to rescue one of the PCs The Lizardfolk Swordsage and the Halfling Master thrower went off to do a solo adventure due to some RL constraints and wanting to catch up. I asked the player of the Swordsage if it was okay if I kidnapped his character at the end of the encounter, he agreed. After the solo adventure that they went on the Swordsage was kidnapped by a group of warforged that told the halfling only to bring his comrades. The halfling is a very renowned character who is known to adventure with a Warforged Artificer/WF Juggernaut.

The Lord of Blades is actually 5 different "faces" with one mastermind behind the religion. Each of these "Lord of Blades" will specialize in a different method of fighting and will have various types of troops with them. The first one they are going to be facing is the very honorable Bulwark. He will propose a trade, the warforged and his cohort (another warforged) for the lizardfolk and their lives. I've already spoken to the player of the warforged and he is okay with his character being pulled temporarily for story reasons. He is also the most competent player from an optimization standpoint. If the party agrees, or if the player steps in and does as requested then his character will be one of the Lord of Blades' faces, and will eventually be revealed as one of the "boss" fights. If the party wins against all 5 of the faces (with the player actually playing as the BBEG) then he will tell the party about the mastermind. The group will travel to take down the mastermind where he will have all 5 of the faces at his side. At this point the player can choose what his character would do and side with the mastermind and take down the party and cause an epic finish, or take down the mastermind and continue the story (spoilered because my group does come onto the boards and there are many future spoilers)

I request if you are one of my player that you not read the spoiler nor read further in this thread

I need assistance on statting the Lord of Blades