PDA

View Full Version : Creating your own skeleton monster?

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-13, 05:32 AM
I'm not a 100% sure if this is the right location since my memory is kinda hazy.But, I remember playing a table top game (Gamers help me) and it was either Dnd or Pathfinder. What I remember clearly is there was a feat and/or a spell that together allowed you to create your own skeleton.

Now when i say create I don't mean raise X Hd per level monster. I mean just as if you wanted a 4 armed skeleton you can have it! but first you need to find 2 corpses (or make them yourself) and then create the body. Now the more fancier the body i.e arm/legs/built in Armor etc. the more corpses you needed to operate/create the finished project.

Now the big issue is I cant find it for 3.5 or pathfinder. ive looked into the core and the expanded and I'm not sure if i some how ran into a 3rd party book by mistake way back when so I was hoping if I tossed my Hat in (figuratively since i hate hats) Someone may have ran into it or read about it while looking up necromancer Feats or spells etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated if any is available

~ManAtArms

Inevitability
2018-01-13, 05:54 AM
This sounds like the kind of thing you'd find in a necromancy-specific 3rd-party book.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-13, 02:06 PM
This sounds like the kind of thing you'd find in a necromancy-specific 3rd-party book.

Damn. I was hopping i was over looking some book by accident. : ( Much sadness. There goes my 4 armed skeleton minion idea. lol.

Thanks for the input.

Remuko
2018-01-13, 02:30 PM
Damn. I was hopping i was over looking some book by accident. : ( Much sadness. There goes my 4 armed skeleton minion idea. lol.

Thanks for the input.

find an existing race with 4 arms and kill one and turn it into a skeleton? sounds easier than making one from scratch.

KillianHawkeye
2018-01-13, 02:33 PM
find an existing race with 4 arms and kill one and turn it into a skeleton? sounds easier than making one from scratch.

Doesn't that depend on how common four-armed people are in the game world? I mean, even if you're allowing everything from D&D or Pathfinder, there aren't all that many four-armed races.

Afgncaap5
2018-01-13, 03:51 PM
Doesn't that depend on how common four-armed people are in the game world? I mean, even if you're allowing everything from D&D or Pathfinder, there aren't all that many four-armed races.

I'm suddenly imagining a necromancer in a pith helmet going with a party into a secluded jungle or rain forest, hoping to find the mysterious Girallon for just this purpose.

Inevitability
2018-01-13, 04:48 PM
Thri-Kreen seem like they'd be easier to find and kill.

Afgncaap5
2018-01-13, 04:55 PM
Thri-Kreen seem like they'd be easier to find and kill.

Do the Thri-Kreen... have skeletons?

Are exo-skeletons good enough?

Falontani
2018-01-13, 05:09 PM
Exoskeletons are still considered skeletons for most porpoises

unseenmage
2018-01-13, 05:32 PM
Pathfinder Necrocraft (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Necrocraft) has you covered.

BlackOnyx
2018-01-13, 08:25 PM
Pathfinder Necrocraft (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Necrocraft) has you covered.

Alternatively, Libris Mortis does have the Graft Flesh feat for 3.5e (basically boils down to a craft item feat for limbs).

Maybe not quite as expansive as Necrocraft (which sounds awesome), but it allows for modification of existing undead.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-01-13, 11:49 PM

That looks like what i was thinking about! Thank you man!

not 100% what i was thinking it was but it is what i was trying to remember more or less. Derp brain

unseenmage
2018-01-14, 09:48 AM
That looks like what i was thinking about! Thank you man!

not 100% what i was thinking it was but it is what i was trying to remember more or less. Derp brain

You are very welcome. In my extended sig there's a linked Pathfinder Undead Options thread with a post about the failings of the Necrocraft process and how they could be patched as well.

If you plan to use them I highly recommend giving it a read through.