PDA

View Full Version : Speculation How does this sounds on a player race?

Marcloure
2018-01-13, 05:10 PM
Regeneration. If you start your turn with at least 1 hit point remaining and no more than half your hit points maximum, you regain 1 hit point.

Is regeneration like this too powerful? Should I not let a PC have something like this "for free"?

Regenerate. As a bonus action, you can expend one hit die to heal yourself.

Is this one better? You recover only half hit dice per long rest, so it's hard to regain this resource. But as levels advance, you stack a lot of those. Maybe I should limit to X per short or long rest?

Thanks for any input.

Specter
2018-01-13, 05:37 PM
Unless you run one or two encounters a day, yes, it's too much.

ShadowSandbag
2018-01-13, 05:39 PM
The problem is that the first version allows you to fully heal between encounters. I'd say go with the second one, but change it to be a number of times per long rest based on your proficiency modifier.

Marcloure
2018-01-13, 05:42 PM
The problem is that the first version allows you to fully heal between encounters. I'd say go with the second one, but change it to be a number of times per long rest based on your proficiency modifier.

The first can regenerate you up to half your hit points maximum. But your ideia is interesting still.

Celcey
2018-01-14, 11:19 AM

I agree with this guy. While it only heals you to half HP, that's still a pretty big deal. That's 10 HP per minute, free. Within 5 minutes someone with 100 HP would be back up to half health. I think the proficiency bonus scaling for the healing surge is a good idea. You can use it a number of times equal to half your proficiency bonus, rounded up, per long rest.