PDA

View Full Version : Monk question

Laharal
2007-08-23, 11:17 PM
Hi, I am a little confused on how to calculate damage when using flurry of blows. The reason for this confusion is that for unarmed strikes it is said to add your strength bonus to it AND that in the description of flurry of blows : '' When using weapons as part of a flurry of blows, a monk applies her Strength bonus (not Str bonus x 1-1/2 or x1/2) to her damage rolls for all successful attacks, whether she wields a weapon in one or both hands.''

So does that mean that unarmed strikes in a flurry of blows do not receive the str bonus even if a single unarmed strike gets that str bonus?

Many thanks,

Jack Mann
2007-08-23, 11:20 PM
You add your strength bonus, exactly. They mean that you don't add half your strength bonus, or 1.5 times your strength bonus, but exactly your strength bonus. They make this distinction because of two-weapon fighting, where only half your strength bonus is added to off-hand attacks.

Laharal
2007-08-24, 12:06 AM
Sorry I forgot to specify that I want to know if I add my STR bonus in an unarmed strikes flurry of blows.

Jasdoif
2007-08-24, 12:14 AM
Yes. Any attack you make during a flurry of blows, including an unarmed strike, gets your Strength bonus to damage, even if you'd normally get one-and-a-half times your Strength bonus or only half your Strength bonus on the attack.

KillianHawkeye
2007-08-24, 08:22 AM
Wow, I never realized using the flurry of blows overrides the normal strength bonus to damage like that! Alas, I satisfied my monk cravings back in 3.0.

Laharal
2007-08-24, 04:21 PM
Thanks to all of you! :smallsmile: