PDA

View Full Version : The Zz'dtri's Gender Thread

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-24, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah, I went there. Now we have TWO ambiguous elves!

The evidence points to male:

Strip 44: Nale calls Zz'dtri "he". http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0044.html

Strip 49: Even V thinks Zz'dtri is a Mr., but this could be influenced by Nale calling Z "he". (We even have a shortening for Zz'dtri's name.)

Also, Drizz't is a guy.

However, just like V being male is "only Roy's perception", Z being male could be "only Nale's perception".

Those in favor of V being female may say Z is male because it's more "oppositey", and vice versa for those who think V is male!

Baru
2007-08-24, 12:25 AM
I am certain that his gender is the opposite of Vaarsuvius.

Mr.Ace
2007-08-24, 01:04 AM
The fact this thread even exists fills me with shame-somehow.

~Ace

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-24, 01:05 AM

Yup, me too. So perhaps the key to Z's gender is unlocking V's gender...

Wait, you said his. So you think V is female?

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-24, 01:08 AM
Either that, or he has an acceptable command of the English language. One of the two. Or possibly both.

The Wanderer
2007-08-24, 01:15 AM
Or the fact that Zz'dtri seems to have a definitive gender, (male), could be an opposite to the ambiguous gender of V... :smallwink:

Icewalker
2007-08-24, 01:27 AM
The fact this thread even exists fills me with shame-somehow.

You know, I'm kinda gettin that too...

Personally, I find that I always though V was female, and thinking about it, I'd guess that Z is male. :smallconfused:

Or the fact that Zz'dtri seems to have a definitive gender, (male), could be an opposite to the ambiguous gender of V... :smallwink:

It would, except he's still totally ambiguous gender-wise...anyways, that's what they did with Pompey. Clearly established gender identity.

The Wanderer
2007-08-24, 01:44 AM
You know, I'm kinda gettin that too...
It would, except he's still totally ambiguous gender-wise...anyways, that's what they did with Pompey. Clearly established gender identity.

And also that Pompey was a young apprentice too, rather than a mature long lived elven wizard...

And I kind of agree with you on V's gender. I started off always thinking that V was male, but more and more as time goes by I tend to lean towards V being a she.

Lord_Kimboat
2007-08-24, 02:20 AM
I'm sort of with you Wanderer. Early on though, Roy calls Vaarsuvious "V Man". I've heard an argument, on this forum in fact, that "V Man" can apply to a female and that this person actually knew a girl who was called V Man. However, I would say that The Giant initially had V pegged as male but thought the ambiguity would be fun and has thus been 'feminizing' the character.

Selv
2007-08-24, 02:53 AM

So you're saying Thog is female, but had a brief stint as a male?

Dang it, I think the best evil opposites are exactly the same, but a) evil and b) bearded.

Edit:
To Lord_Kimboat: NO. STOP. DON'T SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THIS. Please?

Wolfman42666
2007-08-24, 04:18 AM
You fools

You have oppened a pandoras box that cannot be closed, now we have (counts on fingers)..1..2..3..4...5! Mitd, V' gender, Z's Gender, when redcloak will betray xykon and will roy be ressurected, as if we didin't have enough to flame about all ready, you all fill me with SHAME.

Same as V's gender.:smalltongue:

Also Mockingbyrd7 Update your signature!:smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-24, 04:58 AM
Either that, or he has an acceptable command of the English language. One of the two. Or possibly both.

Grammer rears its head! All those who know somewhat obscure grammar rules, Unite!
Using the male pronoun is acceptable in the english language to keep the gender of the subject unspecified.

Max_Sinister
2007-08-24, 05:12 AM
I rather think V and Z have the same sex :D

(Although Z seems to be more on the male side than V.)

Dib
2007-08-24, 05:24 AM
V is married to Z... so they are opposites... or Elves are more accepting then you humans...

On a more serious note... I've always felt V is female... and (nothing to do with mu thoughts on V) thought thatZ was Male...

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-24, 05:50 AM
I'm suprised that someone made this thread. Z is clearly Male, everyone who refers to Z uses he, him etc, and no one uses she or her. Besides Rich wouldn't give two ambiguous gendered elves to argue about. That would be mean.

Regneva
2007-08-24, 06:01 AM
I hate it when people use "the opposites theme" for proving things. It just shows Nale's perception of the people and that is it.

Ragemanster
2007-08-24, 06:04 AM
You fools

You have oppened a pandoras box that cannot be closed, now we have (counts on fingers)..1..2..3..4...5! Mitd, V' gender, Z's Gender, when redcloak will betray xykon and will roy be ressurected, as if we didin't have enough to flame about all ready, you all fill me with SHAME.

Same as V's gender.:smalltongue:

Also Mockingbyrd7 Update your signature!:smallbiggrin:

BTW in the no cures for paladin's blues Giant says that one team member will have one major change. Roy got shot in the "private" territory and he will definitely be resurrected...

Selv
2007-08-24, 06:06 AM
That's it. This thread has officially broken my soul.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-24, 10:35 AM
i think v is female and z is male.

Fishies
2007-08-24, 01:27 PM
BTW in the no cures for paladin's blues Giant says that one team member will have one major change. Roy got shot in the "private" territory and he will definitely be resurrected...

I thought that was Elan getting a new outfit...

BobTheDog
2007-08-24, 01:33 PM
I thought that was Elan getting a new outfit...

Ah, but that's what THEY want you to think... :smalleek:

Chronos
2007-08-24, 05:23 PM
Myself, I'm firmly in the camp that V is True Neutral.

As for Z, though, Nale is probably the character who knows Zz'dtri best, and Vaarsuvius is the character who knows most about elves, and both apparently regard him as male. Barring any further evidence, I'm provisionally assuming male.

ag30476
2007-08-24, 05:52 PM
Myself, I'm firmly in the camp that V is True Neutral.

I think you meant True Neuter.

Mr.Ace
2007-08-24, 06:21 PM
As I passively thought about it throughout the day, I realized that The Giant possibly made Zz'dtri for a good reason-you know? He's a *Drow*?

An evil, good-spell hogging, coal-skinned, white-haired Elf?

Perhaps that was the reason Nale recruited Zz'dtri. And shall we not forget that Nale wanted 'Evil Clones', not 'Evil Opposites'.

Also, on Varsuuvius's alignment, it will most likely be Lawful Neutral or Lawful good. No way V is true neutral.

Elfanatic
2007-08-24, 06:38 PM
I am of the opinion that V is a hermaphrodite (spelling?). You know, a person who has both a rooster and a kitty.

It would be quite a suprising and disturbing (:belkar: "I bow to you, master of Craft Disturbing Mental Image!") event for the Order of the Stick, their allies and enemies ánd the fans to show to everyone was right and everyone was wrong.

That, and I love women with balls. :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2007-08-24, 07:26 PM
Also, on Varsuuvius's alignment, it will most likely be Lawful Neutral or Lawful good. No way V is true neutral.

S/he tried to kill Miko with Explosive Runes. Lawful Good people don't kill other Lawful Good people using traps. Lawful Neutral seems plausible, but still a stretch. V is absolutely True Neutral, both in alignment and in gender.

I... I... no... you... eeeeeeg. It doesn't get any worse than that...

That, and I love women with balls. :smalltongue:

So maybe it does get worse than that. Unless you meant metaphorically. Which I deeply, deeply hope you did.