PDA

View Full Version : spell storing, drugs and magic tests questions

Zhepna
2018-01-14, 12:07 PM
Hi,

I play dnd 3.5 and I want to creat a new shop where people can come and evade themselves in a virtual machine. They'll enter a room, pay a fee and will be able to visit anyplace place they want or realize fantasies. I'm looking for a way to store the spells Silence Image and Ghost Sound in a box that my employee could active.

1) Is it possible to store those spells in a item for a non-magical user active it? I'm a lvl 3 wizard but have access to a good amount of gold
2) Is there a way people believe in those illusions even if they interact with them? They'll be willing to be believe in them since they paid but I was thinking about a drug or a poison making them vulnerable to illusion to help.
3) which kind of test could I make peasan do to detect if they could have the talent to become a wizard? I have a school for people come to learn to read for free and I would like to train low level mages.
4) If I use a drug to make me vulnerable to illusion and use sanctum spell (I have the feat) on my shop, will it give me more chance to find information with divination spells? I don't have any divination spells for the moment but it could be interesting.
5) is it possible for items to have a mind or creat it? I could make a assistance with illusion and voice like in blade runner.

Thanks in advance for the information.

daremetoidareyo
2018-01-14, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I play dnd 3.5 and I want to creat a new shop where people can come and evade themselves in a virtual machine. They'll enter a room, pay a fee and will be able to visit anyplace place they want or realize fantasies. I'm looking for a way to store the spells Silence Image and Ghost Sound in a box that my employee could active.

1) Is it possible to store those spells in a item for a non-magical user active it? I'm a lvl 3 wizard but have access to a good amount of gold
2) Is there a way people believe in those illusions even if they interact with them? They'll be willing to be believe in them since they paid but I was thinking about a drug or a poison making them vulnerable to illusion to help.
3) which kind of test could I make peasan do to detect if they could have the talent to become a wizard? I have a school for people come to learn to read for free and I would like to train low level mages.
4) If I use a drug to make me vulnerable to illusion and use sanctum spell (I have the feat) on my shop, will it give me more chance to find information with divination spells? I don't have any divination spells for the moment but it could be interesting.
5) is it possible for items to have a mind or creat it? I could make a assistance with illusion and voice like in blade runner.

Attune gem should be able to do it. Set the trigger conditions to touch a creature type, affix the gems to a stick, and have the employee touch the gems to the body of the client. Each gem is 50 gp, tho. And the client will have to contact you with their fantasy the night before so that you can set the conditions of the silent image.

Bronk
2018-01-15, 12:22 PM
Hi,

1: There are wands, potions, spell clocks, spell traps, spell turrets... all kinds of options. However, you might want to look into the Sensates faction from Planescape, they already do this sort of thing on a larger scale.

2: They can't instantly disbelieve anyway... interacting with it just gives them access to a saving throw, which they can choose to fail. However, if you wanted to decrease their will saves, you could use irresistible spell metamagic or the mindfog spell. For poisions you'd want ones that did wisdom damage, and the SRD lists two: Insanity Mist and Striped Toadstool, although both have a pretty decent chance of driving your customers insane by bringing their wisdom score to zero.

3: In DnD, anyone can become a wizard, or anything really. Even in the fluff, the tough one would be sorcerer. If you were looking into who would be good at being a wizard though, maybe some intelligence based quizzes.

4: If you can find a drug that increases your casting stat instead of decreasing it, the DC for your divinations would increase, and you'd have a slightly better chance of gaining info from your spells.

5: It is possible for a magic item to have a mind, although normal items can only be found that way, there are no rules for creating them... unless you either make an existing item an "Item Familiar" or use the 'Nybor's Psychic Imprint' spell. Otherwise, you could make a construct yourself, or acquire a Construct Familiar from Dragon Magazine 299 or 341.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/itemFamiliars.htm

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20041215a