PDA

View Full Version : Place Your Bets: Will they do something they shouldn't? [Spoiler?]

Dib
2007-08-24, 05:17 AM
So, upon readin the latest comic, what are the chances Haley and Belkar may get together?

This is purely based on Haley being upset after the others leave (thinking Elan is gone forever, the idea of which probably helped by something Belkar might say), and Belkar seeing this as a chance to get Haley in bed.

Sorry I can't explain better, but you get the idea... Let the discussion begin!

onasuma
2007-08-24, 06:28 AM
No. Just no. But if it did happen their baby would be a quaterling

Calamity
2007-08-24, 06:38 AM
No, just NO! For the sake of everyone's sanity. If you want to see Haley/Belkar babies go to the OotS style house of horrors in arts and crafts. It just won't happen.

smite
2007-08-24, 06:40 AM
if it did happen their baby would be a quaterling
I'm sure you mean a three-quarterling.

Anthea
2007-08-24, 07:24 AM
No, Quarterling. A Half-Halfling.

smite
2007-08-24, 09:49 AM
No, Quarterling. A Half-Halfling.
Half-halfling, half-human. 1/4+1/2=...
You can also skip the calculations and check the result here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3042393&postcount=803).

For those with an interest in fantasy genetics, here's a slightly more challenging excercise (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=070203).

Magioth
2007-08-24, 10:05 AM
yeah and go against the entire haley loving elan for the entire comic, the reason she lost her voice and why elan thinks she likes little guitars... just to get it on with belkar, a crazied halfling :smallannoyed:

JasonDoomsblade
2007-08-24, 10:07 AM
I agree with Smite. A human and a halfling would be a 3/4ling but probably still be called quarterling for the sake of sounding better.

Kaelaroth
2007-08-24, 10:12 AM
I think Haley and Belkar... No... Just no.... :smallsigh:

Dib
2007-08-24, 11:18 AM
yeah and go against the entire haley loving elan for the entire comic, the reason she lost her voice and why elan thinks she likes little guitars... just to get it on with belkar, a crazied halfling :smallannoyed:

Well I'm not saying she wants to... I'm saying if she thought Elan was gone forever she would be in a vulnerable position... and Belkar is one who would take advantage of that...

Wolfman42666
2007-08-24, 11:23 AM
You "DibTheBountyHunt" have come up with the most horrible idea I've ever seen on any of these forum's, I bow to you.

Now I'm going to get as far away from you as possible before trying to get clean of your idea, perhaps I should save myself the trouble and simply dip my brain in a vat of acid.

Green Bean
2007-08-24, 11:30 AM
You can also skip the calculations and check the result here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3042393&postcount=803).

But if Belkar is only a half ling, and Haley has no ling heritage whatsoever, then it would be 1/4+0/4=1/4.

This is giving me a headache. :smallfrown:

Holy_Knight
2007-08-24, 11:33 AM
Well I'm not saying she wants to... I'm saying if she thought Elan was gone forever she would be in a vulnerable position... and Belkar is one who would take advantage of that...

Never happen. If you give her any credit as a person at all, there's no way she'd do anything like that.

Ganurath
2007-08-24, 11:45 AM
I think Belkar might make a move, and some part of Bal- er, Haley will consider the possiblity since she's arguably on the rebound, but then Self-Preservation will slap some sense into her.

Porthos
2007-08-24, 11:47 AM
0% chance of Belkar and Haley "doing the nasty". :smallsmile:

Dib
2007-08-24, 12:53 PM
0% chance of Belkar and Haley "doing the nasty". :smallsmile:

Well... how about at least a kiss then? Before Haley realises its a bad thing?

You "DibTheBountyHunt" have come up with the most horrible idea I've ever seen on any of these forum's, I bow to you.

Now I'm going to get as far away from you as possible before trying to get clean of your idea, perhaps I should save myself the trouble and simply dip my brain in a vat of acid.

All in a days work for someone of my proffesion :smallamused:

Zanaril
2007-08-24, 12:57 PM
Oh no!! That weird dream I had where Haley and Belkar were kissing is going to come true! :eek:

*hides under table*

:belkar: Hello.

Zanaril: AHHHHHHH!!!!! *runs away screaming*

The 6th Side
2007-08-24, 12:58 PM
Oh lawd
No. There is no chance of that happening, in my opinion. No matter how much you obviously want it to happen it just wont, sorry! :smallfrown:

Kish
2007-08-24, 12:59 PM
All evidence points to Haley, like the rest of the party, being barely able to stand Belkar. Soap operas* aside, she's far more likely to have random sex (or kisses, or any indication of affection at all) with a complete stranger than with Belkar.

*I once read in a list of "soap opera plotlines that will never happen," "A man and a woman who hate each other are stranded on a desert island. Later, after being rescued, they still hate each other."

Porthos
2007-08-24, 01:00 PM
Well... how about at least a kiss then? Before Haley realises its a bad thing?

Also a 0% chance. :smallwink:

Hegemon
2007-08-24, 01:08 PM
No way this is going to happen... :haley: now loves :elan: so much that she immediately dismisses her bad thoughts.

I could see :belkar: going over to :xykon: 's side before I could see this as feasible.

Kitik
2007-08-24, 01:14 PM
But if Belkar is only a half ling, and Haley has no ling heritage whatsoever, then it would be 1/4+0/4=1/4.

This is giving me a headache. :smallfrown:

Yes, this post made me register...

Haley isn't 0/4ths that would make her nothing. She is 4/4ths of whatever she is.

Twilight Jack
2007-08-24, 01:44 PM
Ooo, ooo, I know! Everyone now needs to place their bets on whether Haley will seek "cold comfort" in the arms of Corpsified Roy. Maybe Tsukiko could come along and animate him first!

Because, really? That's about every bit as likely as the idea that she'd get it on with Belkar.

Face it, the only OotSer who would ever that way tend is Vaarsuvius. Married or not, I think V reacted just a bit too repulsed by Belkar's kiss. The lady (or gent) dost protest too much methinks. :smallwink:

Ganurath
2007-08-24, 01:49 PM
I could see :belkar: going over to :xykon: 's side before I could see this as feasible.That doesn't say much if you think about it. They have all the same interests.

David Argall
2007-08-24, 04:40 PM
I once read in a list of "soap opera plotlines that will never happen," "A man and a woman who hate each other are stranded on a desert island. Later, after being rescued, they still hate each other."

Actually, I think that one has been made, technically. They get stranded on the island, have a torrid affair, are rescued, and find all the reasons for previous hate are still valid. So they go back to the island where they are not.

However the odds are pretty heavy that if you isolate the boy and girl for any substantial time in a story like this, it's for romantic purposes. The key word being "substantial". Haley took over 300 strips, covering a very long time, before she said yes to Elan. Since we are assuming some highly emotional moments, we don't have to insist she wait for #900, but we do need more development than just having them tear clothing off.

Elan can feel pretty safe about tonight. But if the 100+ strips go by with no rescue, he might have a serious lack in his future.

Dib
2007-08-24, 05:04 PM
What if Belkar were armed with alcohol (for Haley)?

If not then maybe a Blonde Wig to go with?

I'm stretching here now... but a 100 strips... hmm...

Chronos
2007-08-24, 05:07 PM
I can see Belkar maybe trying something. But if he does, he's going to end up taking 7d6+1d3 points of bitchslap sneak attack subdual damage. More, if Haley wins initiative.

As for being isolated with Belkar, well, physically that's true. But both Vaarsuvius and Durkon have sending spells available now. Bright and early tomorrow morning, Haley's going to get a message to the effect of "Everyone's OK. Can you meet us this evening at the cove ten miles east of town? Don't attract the attention of the red cloaked goblin.".

Desilva
2007-08-24, 05:10 PM
I'm all for random crazy romances or affairs between diametrically opposed characters, but I really don't see this happening. Haley isn't attracted to Belkar at all.

Rethorn
2007-08-24, 06:11 PM
Yes, this post made me register...

Haley isn't 0/4ths that would make her nothing. She is 4/4ths of whatever she is.

Their demonic lovechild would be 1/2 halfling, 1/2 human. Considering that it was a pun on the word "halfling" who are 100% (1/1) halfling, this is all moot. But, assuming that a halfling WAS half.. something.. and half human, then it would be a quarterling. Unless you call people humanlings.

1/2 ling, 1/2 human, + 2/2 Human, = 3/4 Human, 1/4 ling. Or, in short, A quarter ling.

This is the assumption that a ling is the unhuman half of a halfling, and that humans aren't called humanlings. Because then there is an unknown part of the halfling, that gives them their size and stature. Possibly gnomes, or dwarves.

Hmm.. Haley and Durkon..

Elfanatic
2007-08-24, 06:28 PM
Way back in Durkon's Dungeon, Belkar was more than happy when he saw Haley's breasts. So I think he would try to make a move.

But unless Belkar uses some heavy amounts of alcohol/drugs, I don't see him haven much chance with Haley.

Unless:

I can see Belkar maybe trying something. But if he does, he's going to end up taking 7d6+1d3 points of bitchslap sneak attack subdual damage. More, if Haley wins initiative.

But what if Belkar uses his Craft(Disturbing Mental Image) to give Haley the idea of Elan with a harem of Asian/Azurian chicks? Would Haley be flatfooted, or even worse, Pinned?

O.T.R
2007-08-24, 06:40 PM
Belkar on Haley action?! There's only one way that could happen...and luckily Haley has Evasion...

Plus the thing about Belkar is...he's too lazy to try and woo/drug Haley, not while he can afford the company of 'ladies of negotiable affection'.

David Argall
2007-08-25, 01:39 AM

For those with an interest in fantasy genetics, here's a slightly more challenging excercise (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=070203).

Some interesting research on the subject is to be found at
http://www.naorhy.com/fkta.htm

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-25, 01:44 AM
It would never happen. :smalltongue:

That said, if they DID have offspring, I think the kids would be three-quarterlings. That's because the very term "halfling" is derived from the fact that they're almost half the size of a human. So a half human, half halfling would be three quarters the size of a human, thus, three-quarterling.

dogmac
2007-08-25, 01:49 AM
Let me put it to you like this...

I think it much more likely that Haley get with Roy in his current situation than with Belkar.

TRM
2007-08-25, 09:51 AM
I imagine that it could happen if kids didn't read this comic.
But now with metagaming out of the way;
Belkar would be delighted, of course. Haley is probably intelligent enough to realize that they don't have time (they need to focus on more important things:smallamused: like escaping! Quit thinking those dirty thoughts.), and there's the little problem of Haley being completely infatuated with Belkar Elan
...and no-one in their right mind would 'get it on' with Belkar.

So yes, it should (NOT I said not!) happen.

Haley will meet up with Redcloak and they will 'smite evil' together, while Belkar makes sweet, sweet love to (a recently animated) Roy.
Of course all four could just do it together:smallamused:

boomwolf
2007-08-25, 09:55 AM
i dont think so...
these two get along with the "treasure" perspective...nothing else...
(by the way-i made myself a new kickass avatar!)

Regneva
2007-08-25, 09:07 PM
Anyone with experience (or knowledge) of social situations like these should know that :haley: does not fit the type. :smallconfused:

The type of women who would find it acceptable to betray her husband/boyfriend in situations where they are apart for a long time, are constantly in need of somebody to trust. They always need someone to protect them so they are usually inclined to "coupling" before the relationship begins. They always show signs of "Looking for Relationship" when they are NOT in a relationship :smallannoyed:

With the company 4 men (and 1 ambigiously gendered person) :haley: never made a move. She had dozens of chances. Simply put, :haley: is more like an "action/treasure loving adventurer" type rather than a romance type of woman.

:elan: on the other hand is so fragile and confused. I think within enough time, he may have a chance to go for some random girl (bandit camp incident?, "i'm invisible" wooho in azure city?, the new years eve kiss?, etc.)

And yes. :belkar: "might" be inclined towards :haley: but I don't think it would be anything bigger than a disturbing comment.