PDA

View Full Version : Dragonstar

kkortekaas
2007-08-24, 06:53 AM
Howdy Folks,
I'm considering dropping a pretty penny on the Dragonstar library (it's a OGL system kinda like Spelljammer) and I'm interested to find out everyone's experience with it.

Thanks.
Kkortekaas

axraelshelm
2007-08-24, 07:22 AM
first of all get ready for a adventure of a life time!!!
Not only its fun but the danger is more intense guns will kill you so always go for cover. In this the balance of melee fighters and spellcaster is now equal the melee fighters have guns! and can shoot more depending on the roll of the dice.
Download your spells into your laptop!
magical guns, lightsabres and super mech body armour!!!
Theres a whole galaxy out there thousands of worlds to explore for fortune or for freedom your choice!
I'm playing a pilot and subpar but fun!
I have nothing but praise for this setting!!!

puppyavenger
2007-08-24, 02:15 PM
Is that the one were dragons rule everything?

axraelshelm
2007-08-24, 09:02 PM
well not everything! just the government, milerty, and all the planets that are founded by the dragon empire

Fixer
2007-08-27, 07:53 AM
I have run and played in the campaign for a limited amount.

Given my players' preferences for Shadowrun (and their frustration with so many d6s) it was a natural fit. It also allowed for things like orbital space stations and even non-magical worlds to travel to.

Just be wary of the Greater Teleport spell for attempting to strand players on a planet. Doesn't work so well.

UserClone
2007-08-27, 08:21 AM
I ran a module in Dragonstar, actually. i thought it was pretty cool, but I could see little reason to take levels in Pilot. I did like Technomancer, though, and the Gun-fu-ish PrC.

axraelshelm
2007-08-27, 11:37 AM
I ran a module in Dragonstar, actually. i thought it was pretty cool, but I could see little reason to take levels in Pilot. I did like Technomancer, though, and the Gun-fu-ish PrC.

I play a pilot!!!

okay not only it has martial weapon profs but all the skills needed for complete space ship control. with all the tech around and the most powerful weapons in game are on ships! I think its a great class! okay the abilites are abit subpar compared to some of the other class's but considering the spellcasting class's and he martial class's are now almost balanced because of tech thats where the balance comes in.
And who doesnt want to be an ace pilot?!?

UserClone
2007-08-27, 02:17 PM
Meh. The module had a very Star Trek-y feel to it; our pilot was basically a guy that transported us to and from away missions. My favorite thing about that game was our Quasta Mechanic. Whenever his turn came around, he always just said, "I shoot." Now whenever he plays any character in any RPG, his turn comes around and inevitably another player will calmly ask, "I shoot?" It's hilarious.

axraelshelm
2007-08-27, 03:16 PM
who doesnt remember the cool pilot from Aliens! with the massive sunglass's she was so cool with such a calm demeaner about her. And where was the motor cycle or the wart hog?
A pilot can realy shine in a game like dragonstar!
And missiles!