PDA

View Full Version : Soran Battle Arts

StickMan
2007-08-24, 12:30 PM
This feat is for a Gestalt game and you will see more fluff on it when I'm done with the setting right now I just want feed back on the Crunch of it.
Soran Battle Arts [Feat]
Soran Nobles have devised there own way of unarmed combat based around, there traditions of not carrying weapons and keeping the protection of light armor.
Prerequisite: Improved unarmed Strike, Flurry of blows, Monk AC Bonus, Light Armor proficiency.
Benefit: You may wear light armor with no armor check penalty, and still use Flurry of Blows, Fast movement, and keep the Monk AC bonus.
Both your hands can be enchanted as if they were masterwork weapon. Because the enchantment must be tattooed on and they runs from the fingers to the elbows of the enchanted arm the enchantment take up the Ring, Glove, and Bracer magic item body slot.

Soran Combat Coat
The Soran Combat Coat is a cross between leather armor and a trench coat. It is the standard out fit of Soran Nobles.
Armor type: Light
Cost: 400 GP
Armor Bonus: +3
Max Dexterity: +5
Arcane Spell Failure: 10%
Speed: 30ft/20ft
Weight: 15 lb.
Special: Masterwork, A Soran Combat Coat is a symbol of status on Sora and when some one dons a Combat Coat they can expect to be treated as a member of the Soran Upper class from common people (If this is good or bad is up to the DM).

StickMan
2007-08-25, 06:03 PM
I made a feat that lets monks wear armor and enchant there hands and no one has an issue with it. Woot go me I rock.

I was thinking about only having the arm tatoos take up the Glove and ring slots of the body it seems like all 3 slots may be a bit to much.

Any feedback would be good.

Thanks,
Stickman

Harold
2007-08-25, 06:25 PM
Soran Combat Coat
The Soran Combat Coat is a cross between leather armor and a trench coat. It is the standard out fit of Soran Nobles.
Armor type: Light
Cost: 400 GP
Armor Bonus: +3
Max Dexterity: +5
Arcane Spell Failure: 10%
Speed: 30ft/20ft
Weight: 15 lb.
Special: Masterwork, A Soran Combat Coat is a symbol of status on Sora and when some one dons a Combat Coat they can expect to be treated as a member of the Soran Upper class from common people (If this is good or bad is up to the DM).

Simple enough, it's like a nobles outfit that gives you armour bonus.

Joltz
2007-08-25, 07:50 PM
I made a feat that lets monks wear armor and enchant there hands and no one has an issue with it. Woot go me I rock.

I was thinking about only having the arm tatoos take up the Glove and ring slots of the body it seems like all 3 slots may be a bit to much.

Any feedback would be good.

Thanks,
Stickman

imo taking up 3 item slots is way too much. I let my players do this exact same thing w/o taking a feat or taking up item slots.

Does a fighter spend item slots to enhance his sword? Does he have to take a feat to use a magic weapon?

The only real advantage someone with a monk's unarmed attacks has is that the don't have to draw their weapons and can't be disarmed. That advantage is offset by difficulty overcoming DR anyway. I think that at most the advantages are worth 1 item slot. If you wanted to be harsh you might stretch it to 2.

Korias
2007-08-25, 08:55 PM
imo taking up 3 item slots is way too much. I let my players do this exact same thing w/o taking a feat or taking up item slots.

Does a fighter spend item slots to enhance his sword? Does he have to take a feat to use a magic weapon?

The only real advantage someone with a monk's unarmed attacks has is that the don't have to draw their weapons and can't be disarmed. That advantage is offset by difficulty overcoming DR anyway. I think that at most the advantages are worth 1 item slot. If you wanted to be harsh you might stretch it to 2.

On the contrary, they can be disarmed. Its called "Break his legs and hands."