PDA

View Full Version : Power word, Smile [Spell]

Yeril
2007-08-24, 01:42 PM
Power word: Smile
(I forgot what school other power words are)

Level: 0 Bard, 1 Sor/Wiz
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 25ft+5ft/level
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: None*

An amusing cantrip thats power links in to the deadly words of power uttered by only the most powerful of wizards and sorcerers. Upon speaking the verbal component (Ironicly, it is "Cheese") the subject of the spell is suddenly compelled to give a cheerful smile. This spell can only effect those who can smile, eg. the spell can make a half rotten zombie give a cheesy grin, or a feral yaun-ti smile with glee but it can't make a creature, such as a golem grind his gears trying to smile.

The only combat use of this spell is to disrupt casters. A spellcaster under the effect of this spell has 10% chance to fail the intricate verbal components of spellcasting, likewise a bard attempting to sing or chant or any other verbal based task has the same 10% chance of failure.

* Those who do not identify that the caster is using a spell on them (Spellcraft check) make a will save, if they pass, they understand that they are being forced to smile, If they fail, they beleive they are smiling upon their own free will.

PirateMonk
2007-08-24, 01:55 PM
Power Words are Enchantment.

Amusing, interesting.

Yeril
2007-08-24, 02:11 PM
I can think of a few other uses for it.

Bard slips a Silent power word smile in after Diplomatic talks with the orc cheiftan, The orc thinks "Hmm *grin* This idea sound good." :smallsmile:

Or messing with the paladin. :smallamused:

martyboy74
2007-08-24, 02:24 PM
The level of the spell you go after the list for which the spell is on. You also need to add emo-kid as the example of creature unable to smile.

Quietus
2007-08-24, 04:53 PM
I'd make it a cantrip for all classes, it isn't nearly powerful enough to bother taking as a 1st-level spell.

Scatman
2007-08-24, 05:28 PM
Laff.Laff.Laff.Laff.
Turn your day from tha ****s, into smileday!

DraPrime
2007-08-24, 05:30 PM
Paladin: Why can't I stop smiling!?!?!?!?
Bard: Hehehehe

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-24, 06:11 PM
"Just because you made me, Azaguntor lord of genocide smile doesn't mean I'm not going to still impale you on your own spine."

"See! I told you it wouldn't help but would you listen? Noo...." *slap*

Balkash
2007-08-24, 06:22 PM
"Just because you made me, Azaguntor lord of genocide smile doesn't mean I'm not going to still impale you on your own spine."

"See! I told you it wouldn't help but would you listen? Noo...." *slap*

Slap? ...slap? Azaguntor lord of genocide slaps? dont you mean like *rips arms from their sockets, then impales the already bloodied and battered body on to your own spine which he rips out of your flesh like taking a tissue from the box* ??

TheGrimace
2007-08-24, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the dark lord doing the slapping.

more like the fighter/straight-man.

This is a real beast of a spell.
doth thou desire to aid in the production of a power word spell of every level? and then make a power word domain.

Granted Power: You gain a +3 bonus to all interaction checks made using only one word. I.E "Look!" (points off in the distance) for a +3 to bluff made to create a diverson.

Ceres
2007-08-24, 06:40 PM
This is quite possibly the cutest spell I have ever seen :smallsmile:

Thanks for making the dark world of D&D a little brighter.

Icewalker
2007-08-24, 08:11 PM
Heehee, fun. I'm also suggest you make it sor/wiz 0, too weak for a level one spell.

jindra34
2007-08-24, 08:15 PM
I think we need Power Word: Laugh and Power Word: Dance now.

martyboy74
2007-08-24, 08:18 PM
I think we need Power Word: Laugh (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/hideousLaughter.htm) and Power Word: Dance (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/irresistibleDance.htm) now.

I'm invisible! Woo!

Yeril
2007-08-25, 02:22 AM
Power word trip?

or even better, Silent power word trip

Paladin; Blah blah blah pelor blah blah blah Herionous, blah blah blah 15 charisma.
Rogue; ...
Bard; Dude dude.. watch this..
Rogue; Huh?
Paladin; Blah blah and thats why you shouldn't stea-*trip*Whoops-CLANK

Zeta Kai
2007-08-25, 06:49 AM
That's a cute spell.

Also, goths only smile when they are cutting themselves.

Yeril
2007-08-25, 07:54 AM
So we just stab them and save a spell slot, Horrrraaaaaay