PDA

View Full Version : Major change to a character

Sir Conkey
2007-08-24, 03:14 PM
Aparently it was said that there was going to be a mojor change to a character, if it wasn't then disregard this post. But I read that maybe Roys getting shot in the nuts will be that change.
I don't think so!
But I do have my own idea on what that change might be.
Roy is dead, there is more than one way to bringsomebody back to life. How about reincarnation, diff'rent species, same Roy. While I am probobly entirely wrong I don't think it is out of the question.

Tirian
2007-08-24, 03:16 PM
If you're pondering what I'm pondering (that someone was going to be drawn differently in the storyline after Paladin Blue), that "prophecy" was filled by Elan multiclassing to Dashing Swordsman.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-24, 03:17 PM
In NCFTPB, Rich stated that there will be a major, permentant change to one of the charecters, possibly reflected in how they are drawn.

Personally, I see Elan's taking of the Dashing Swordsman counts as Major and Permenate, and it does look like hes being drawn differently...

<INGSOC'd, because Ninja'd is too overused>

boomwolf
2007-08-24, 04:35 PM
i think it was elan and his all-new smart, cool, action-hero style. (at least in times of need)

Porthos
2007-08-24, 05:00 PM
Unless The Giant says otherwise in the next compilation, then it was definietly Elan.

One of the main six characters (Belkar, Durkon, Elan, Haley, Roy, or Vaarsuvius) will have something happen to them that will permanently change the way that they are drawn. I'm not talking about an art upgrade, I mean a change in them, their clothing, or their equipment. And for some perspective, Roy's sword break was not what I would call "permanent".

Elan's clothing (representing his new found Dashing Swordsman PrC) is a permanent change. Elan has had plenty of opportunity to switch back to his old clothes (or at the very least, the identical clothes that Nale wore), yet he has not. We have been given absolutely no indication that Elan is ever going back to the "old way" of dressing.

So there's your change, all nice and simple. :smallsmile:

Sir Conkey
2007-08-28, 01:00 AM
While you are (almost positively) entirely correct I never read that and was going on what other people had wrote, I still want to see that spell used more often but nobody ever wants to chance it, friggin losers not wanting to be a gnoll

tenguro
2007-08-28, 02:43 AM
I like elans new look, he looks like locke from FF6(i know its obvious, but FF6 is the best FF out there) so if it is the hange I don't mind it at all. Im still laughing at the last six blocks in this http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0388.html

wojonatior
2007-08-28, 08:12 AM
elan might forget about his puns in battle beacuse he's to worried about haley

Ecalsneerg
2007-08-28, 12:55 PM
While you are (almost positively) entirely correct I never read that and was going on what other people had wrote, I still want to see that spell used more often but nobody ever wants to chance it, friggin losers not wanting to be a gnoll

Depends on your Dm. Some take the view that a Gnoll walking into an inn may cause a bit of panic.

John Campbell
2007-08-29, 12:46 AM
Adventurers walking into an inn should cause a bit of panic. I long ago lost count of the number of inns that have been burned to the ground, blown up, knocked down, torn apart, flooded out, eaten by giant monsters, sucked into interplanar rifts, swallowed up by the earth, or otherwise totally destroyed as a direct result of my various parties' deciding to spend a night there, but I'm pretty sure that it's more than the number that've survived our occupancy.