PDA

View Full Version : Amazing detail

cripple
2007-08-24, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure why it was _this_ page that finally made me realize how incredible the detail Rich puts into these comics are, but it was.

I was looking at the panel where Haley and Belkar were overlooking the city and their ship was dissappearing into the background and I noticed the hair on Belkar's head. I thought that was pretty cool to have included. I hadn't ever realized he wasn't bald before. Then I noticed that sure enough there was hair on Belkar's head in the other panels. Then I started looking closely at the equipment Haley had on her back and noticed all the detail of where the tip of her bow is placed compared to Roy's sword in various panels.

And _THEN_ I was looking at the sea of hobgoblins in the city and I wondered whether there were any survivors of the city's inhabitants. At that point, I noticed that some of those sea of hobgoblins were colored differently. A closer inspection suggested that those weren't survivors, but were zombies.

THEN IT HIT ME. Rich hadn't _just_ included tons of tiny little hobgloblins and zombies in the city, he'd changed their size throughout the city in keeping with the perspective. AWESOME. Totally awesome.

bluewind95
2007-08-24, 04:58 PM
I have to agree, though I had noticed things like Belkar's hair before.

A friend of mine said he didn't like Rich's style because it looked to have such a lack of detail. But in my opinion, it's got more detail than a lot of the more "complex" drawings I've seen out there. He's really skilled. It shows.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-24, 05:38 PM
uh-huh I never thought belkar's hair was that great though, but after his kickass battle scene i considered him cooler.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-08-24, 05:48 PM
I've noticed things like this for a while, and always silently appluaded Rich for the level of detail in such "simple" drawings.

Huzzah, Giant, Huzzah!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-24, 06:33 PM
Belkar's hair reminds me of when I was in the military. Although the Navy (my branch of service) didn't have particularily strict standards for hair, the Marines did.

Belkar isn't bald, he has a "High and Tight!"