PDA

View Full Version : [M&M] The Withering Confluence - Hern's House

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-15, 10:45 AM
Everyone (the first night):

The vegetable soup begins to produce a pleasant, earthy aroma that fills Hern's humble home. She removes the thick, nearly stew-like substance from its place over the fireplace and sets the metal pot upon her wooden table. She offers a piping hot bowl to each of you interested in filling your bellies for the night. "So! With the chill off of you and your stomachs being filled, what else can a simple woman do for you adventurers?"

Ridai
2018-01-15, 01:41 PM
Gum accepts a bowl, looking down into it for a moment. "Don't... don't you want anything in return?"

WindStruck
2018-01-15, 01:48 PM
Shantae listened to the others converse for a bit, but eventually it seemed they had no intention of going out to hunt wolves. Slightly disappointed, she took her original form again in a flash of light. "Oh well, maybe we can do that later. Stew sounds like a better idea."

After the stew and Hert starts up conversation again, Shantae asks, "Actually, I'm wondering, is there something bad in the lake?"

Rhyvurg
2018-01-15, 03:37 PM
War drinks down his stew. It was good enough, not his preference but this woman's hospitality would keep these girls alive, and until he knew more about what was going on he needed them that way.

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-16, 03:31 PM
Gum accepts a bowl, looking down into it for a moment. "Don't... don't you want anything in return?"

Gum:

Hert rolls her eyes at gives you a reproving look. "Of course not, dear! The Nine teach us we should be gracious to those in need." Her matronly facade breaks into a shrewd smirk. "Of course, if you were doing more than simply passing through, there'd be a talk about room and board. I am a business woman, after all."

After the stew and Hert starts up conversation again, Shantae asks, "Actually, I'm wondering, is there something bad in the lake?"

Hert shrugs her shoulders. "Eh, it depends on how much stock you put into ghost stories and things of the like. Folk say that if you go walking along the shores of the lake at night, spirits sweep you away to the ruins of the old fort that's partially sunken into the northern shore. I think it's rubbish; the only thing to be mindful of is the slaughterfish. I guess I don't know how large fish are in your worlds, but slaughterfish aren't much larger than any others we have." She holds her arms apart about two to three feet apart. "I've never seen one much bigger than this. They've a taste for flesh, whether it be another fish, an animal, or a person. They're not much threat unless you're out in the deep water with no boat. But lure them into the shallows with a bit of game, and they're easy to net. And they're positively divine when lightly roasted with a glaze of apples."

The lumber mill owner licks her lips at the thought, then raises herself back from her mental snacking. She brushes some locks of her sandy blonde hair back behind her ear, and props her chin up upon her two hands, elbows resting on the table. "What about you folk? What's it like where you come from?"

Rhyvurg
2018-01-16, 04:33 PM
"I have been to many worlds, but my brothers and I do not have what you would call a home."

WindStruck
2018-01-16, 05:33 PM
"Well it's a lot warmer where I'm from, for the most part," Shantae began. "A lot of my home is a bunch of islands. The biggest one is where I live, and I protected the town from bandits and monsters."

Shantae thought a bit, thinking the answer was pretty vague. "All the buildings are made of brick and stone, all pretty much open-air. We like to hang curtains in front of the windows and doors. The more beautiful and fancy, the richer you are! We have a nice public bath house, and a dancing hall, and... hm. We have a Sultan who rules over the land. And I don't think there's ever been any wars, as long as any of us can remember. Now the evil Pirate Master, on the other hand..."

Ridai
2018-01-16, 05:35 PM
Gum is very interested in her soup for a while after Hert's answer to her question. Until the question about their homeworlds is brought up.

At that, she takes off her aviator cap (revealing a shock of bright-blonde hair), touches a spot on the parts normally covering her ears, and places it on the table. Various styles of music are heard, starting from the upbeat and energetic tunes she usually skates and tags to, then giving little tastes of various genres. As the playlist of previews cycles, she retrieves her phone and shows them pictures and videos of the various parts of Tokyo-to, as well as members of the GGs. "That's Tokyo-to, my hometown. Lot more high tech than these parts, but no magic. Got millions of people living there, working their monday-to-friday-9-to-5's. Streets lined with shops, restaurants ranging from back-alley ramen shops to venues at the top of skyscrapers where people reserve a table months in advance and one meal costs as much as a normal person makes in a month or two, huge glass-front office buildings, bus terminals and train stations, rusty forgotten districts no one goes to anymore, a freaking high-altitude entertainment park with a rollercoaster, you name it." Each is underlined by an appropiate picture.

"Most people live like drones, same routine every day, kept meek and getting their brains filled via their TVs and radios with the crap from the Rokkaku Group who pretty much rule the damn thing, owning the police and all sorts of businesses. If you don't keep your head down and stand out, societal pressure will grind you down, and if that doesn't work, Rokkaku is going to deal with ya. So yeah, he really hates Rudies like me." She shows images and videos of youths with skates like Gum's, dancing, skating, doing tricks while soaring through the air, and spraying images on walls, billboards and such. "Living by our own rules, bringing the Soul of the Street back, bit by bit, waking people up, listening to the tunes and what's going on brought to us by Professor K via Jet Set Radio, and spitting in Rokkaku's face. Good times. Well, that and dealing with other gangs when they think they can plaster the city with their bargain bin scribbles."

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-17, 03:26 PM
Everyone:

Hert listens to each of your tales with equal wonder, briefly chirping in with a short comment between your tales.

"I have been to many worlds, but my brothers and I do not have what you would call a home."

Hert has an earnest, but unsure, look on her face. "I don't know if you're looking for a home, but I suspect Skyrim would suit you. Most folk here value strength of arms and honor over anything else. I bet you'd make quite a name for yourself in the Companions, or in the war if you cared for the politics of it."

"Well it's a lot warmer where I'm from, for the most part," Shantae began. "A lot of my home is a bunch of islands. The biggest one is where I live, and I protected the town from bandits and monsters."

Shantae thought a bit, thinking the answer was pretty vague. "All the buildings are made of brick and stone, all pretty much open-air. We like to hang curtains in front of the windows and doors. The more beautiful and fancy, the richer you are! We have a nice public bath house, and a dancing hall, and... hm. We have a Sultan who rules over the land. And I don't think there's ever been any wars, as long as any of us can remember. Now the evil Pirate Master, on the other hand..."

Hert smiles at hearing your tale. "How strange! Here in Tamriel - that's the name we call all the lands here, from one great sea to the next - there is a province to the southwest of Skyrim called Hammerfell. It's a hot place, with a large desert dominating it. The cities sound a lot like those from your home, and the capital - Stros M'kai, is on an island, they say. To be honest, I thought you were from Hammerfell when I first saw you! You've a similar look and style of dress." Hert winces a bit and continues with an apologetic look. "Well, not PERFECTLY similar dress. Redguards visiting Skyrim often have more...layers on."

Gum is very interested in her soup for a while after Hert's answer to her question. Until the question about their homeworlds is brought up.

At that, she takes off her aviator cap (revealing a shock of bright-blonde hair), touches a spot on the parts normally covering her ears, and places it on the table. Various styles of music are heard, starting from the upbeat and energetic tunes she usually skates and tags to, then giving little tastes of various genres. As the playlist of previews cycles, she retrieves her phone and shows them pictures and videos of the various parts of Tokyo-to, as well as members of the GGs. "That's Tokyo-to, my hometown. Lot more high tech than these parts, but no magic. Got millions of people living there, working their monday-to-friday-9-to-5's. Streets lined with shops, restaurants ranging from back-alley ramen shops to venues at the top of skyscrapers where people reserve a table months in advance and one meal costs as much as a normal person makes in a month or two, huge glass-front office buildings, bus terminals and train stations, rusty forgotten districts no one goes to anymore, a freaking high-altitude entertainment park with a rollercoaster, you name it." Each is underlined by an appropiate picture.

"Most people live like drones, same routine every day, kept meek and getting their brains filled via their TVs and radios with the crap from the Rokkaku Group who pretty much rule the damn thing, owning the police and all sorts of businesses. If you don't keep your head down and stand out, societal pressure will grind you down, and if that doesn't work, Rokkaku is going to deal with ya. So yeah, he really hates Rudies like me." She shows images and videos of youths with skates like Gum's, dancing, skating, doing tricks while soaring through the air, and spraying images on walls, billboards and such. "Living by our own rules, bringing the Soul of the Street back, bit by bit, waking people up, listening to the tunes and what's going on brought to us by Professor K via Jet Set Radio, and spitting in Rokkaku's face. Good times. Well, that and dealing with other gangs when they think they can plaster the city with their bargain bin scribbles."

Hert begins your tale by absolutely marveling at your phone and its ability to display new pictures. You get the impression that a lot of your tale is lost upon her. "I'm sorry, but so much of your tale and so many of your words are foreign to me. But I cannot imagine such a massive city, or so many people! I know of 'mill-yons' but I can't even begin to imagine a mill-yon of anything, much less people! It's no wonder you and your Rudies and Radio wish to run free as you do; it seems like it would be suffocating to be surrounded by so much!"

Hert sits back in her chair, and offers you each another round of mead. After the takers have had their refill, she pours herself another mug and sips on it wistfully. "The places you call home sound amazing. Skyrim is remarkable, too, but at first glance it seems a very harsh place to outsiders. It is cold and hard, but it produces warm and harder people!" She takes a longer, deeper drag from her mug. "That is why the war is so heart-breaking. The Nords of Skyrim are proud, and the when the elves forced the Empire to forsake the worship of Talos - he's sort of like the patron god of both Skyrim and mankind - many in Skyrim felt that the Empire had betrayed our roots to save themselves. Some here - calling themselves the 'Stormcloaks', have taken up arms against the Empire that Skyrim was once a part of. The High King was slain by the leader of the Stormcloaks, but they say it was fair combat and that it was just." Hert smiles ruefully. "A 'just' death won't stop the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks from tearing our land apart with their battles."

Ridai
2018-01-17, 04:33 PM
Hert begins your tale by absolutely marveling at your phone and its ability to display new pictures. You get the impression that a lot of your tale is lost upon her. "I'm sorry, but so much of your tale and so many of your words are foreign to me. But I cannot imagine such a massive city, or so many people! I know of 'mill-yons' but I can't even begin to imagine a mill-yon of anything, much less people! It's no wonder you and your Rudies and Radio wish to run free as you do; it seems like it would be suffocating to be surrounded by so much!"
Gum chuckles. But she catches herself quick. "Yeah, sorry. What's normal for me not being normal for you folks is taking some gettin' used to. But what can I say, gotta love the bustle of the city. Ain't lovin' that Rokkaku wants to make it all same-y."

Hert smiles ruefully. "A 'just' death won't stop the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks from tearing our land apart with their battles."
"Then both sides don't give a crap about the people and this country. They got power to grab and people to push around," Gum hisses, arms crossed and leaning back, back to her icy demeanor.

Rhyvurg
2018-01-17, 09:05 PM
"What of this rebel leader?"

WindStruck
2018-01-18, 02:09 AM
"Ah, maybe it would be nice to visit Hammerfell later. Although I have the feeling we won't really have the time..." Shantae says, wistfully thinking about home and how her friends were doing back there. She could only imagine what havoc Risky Boots might be making with her out of the picture.

Shantae looks at Gum and says, "Sounds about right. Pretty much every troublemaker I came across just wanted power and didn't care about anyone else..."

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-18, 02:26 PM
"Then both sides don't give a crap about the people and this country. They got power to grab and people to push around," Gum hisses, arms crossed and leaning back, back to her icy demeanor.

Shantae looks at Gum and says, "Sounds about right. Pretty much every troublemaker I came across just wanted power and didn't care about anyone else..."

Hert raises her mug. "Aye, I'll drink to that!" She takes a hearty gulp from her mug and slams it down on the table triumphantly.

"What of this rebel leader?"

The woman sits up ram-rod straight, putting her hands on her hips to adopt a "stance" (albeit still seated) of authority and dignity. She puffs out her chest and speaks with chin held aloft. "Ulfric Stormcloak, the Jarl of Windhelm. 'Hero' of the Great War with the elves." She lets out a chuckle and resumes her normal posture. "I don't know. They say he's a brave and just man and a fierce warrior, but if you ask me he's acting like a blind fool. If the united Empire couldn't beat back the elves, how will an 'independent' Skyrim fair, I wonder? But if the rumors are true, then he was within his rights to issue a challenge to the High King."

Hert pauses for a moment and leans in conspiratorially, her voice dropping to barely above a whisper. "But challenges aside, I've been in a Jarl's court more than few times. If a Jarl is challenged by a lesser, he or she can send their Housecarl - like a bodyguard - to fight the challenge for them. The High King would have been within his rights to have his Housecarl battle Ulfric. Rest his soul, the High King was barely a grown man and no veteran like Ulfric. Either the fool boy was goaded into fighting himself or...Ulfric murdered him!"

WindStruck
2018-01-19, 12:18 PM
Shantae gasps. "Murdered? The King?"

The fact that even a lowly peasant in the middle of nowhere was conjecturing this simply did not cross Shantae's mind.

Ridai
2018-01-19, 01:06 PM
Slow clap from Gum. "Real class act, that guy. Shining example."

She looks over to War. "Yo," she dispenses, as per usual. "so I heard myths and such. Four Horsemen, War, Death, Famine, Pestilence? Bringing about the end of the world and such? Are you, like, a band or the actual real thing?" She remembers when that one guy who at the time recently got really, really into metal kept chatting away about all that stuff and had more make-up in his face than most girly girls (corpsepaint, he called it). The sph (Satans per hour) were high back then.

Rhyvurg
2018-01-19, 02:53 PM
War takes a drink of mead before replying. "We are the last Nephilim, charged by the Charred Council to enforce the Creator's law and preserve the balance. When the realm of Man is strong enough, the Seven Seals will be broken and the three kingdoms will fight for dominance. The Four will ride, all upon the Earth will be judged, and the pact forged anew. That is what the Council told us, at any rate. In the mean time we prevent angels and demons from threatening the balance, it is their nature to fight each other, and the Four have prevented catastrophe many times. But Famine and Pestilence are not known to me, my brothers are Strife, Fury, and Death."

Ridai
2018-01-20, 06:50 AM
Gum is having so many new ideas for tags right now, it ain't even funny. "Guess we got the censored version. So... where you come from, has Apocalypse already happened at some point?"

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-20, 03:22 PM
War takes a drink of mead before replying. "We are the last Nephilim, charged by the Charred Council to enforce the Creator's law and preserve the balance. When the realm of Man is strong enough, the Seven Seals will be broken and the three kingdoms will fight for dominance. The Four will ride, all upon the Earth will be judged, and the pact forged anew. That is what the Council told us, at any rate. In the mean time we prevent angels and demons from threatening the balance, it is their nature to fight each other, and the Four have prevented catastrophe many times. But Famine and Pestilence are not known to me, my brothers are Strife, Fury, and Death."

Gum is having so many new ideas for tags right now, it ain't even funny. "Guess we got the censored version. So... where you come from, has Apocalypse already happened at some point?"

Everyone:

Hert seems equally impressed by your tale. "Aye, has it? In this world, we tell tales of the Aedra - the gods - clashing with the Daedra, which are like demons, until the end of times. They say the end of times will be heralded by the return of the dragons, and that mankind will burn under the wrath of the First-Born of the god Akatosh."

Rhyvurg
2018-01-20, 06:17 PM
"It did, and I was framed for causing it. But my brothers and I were able to reverse the Endwar by slaying the demons that ruled the ruined Earth, and restoring humanity to life."

Maryring
2018-01-20, 09:42 PM
(Final Fantasy VI spoilers ahoy!)

"So killing the one responsible fixed things? That's... interesting. And I have to wonder if I ought be jealous." Celes chimes in, having remained quietly observing up until now. "My world suffered through an apocalypse as well. One which we saw coming, but failed to prevent. This is a bit of a long story, but I'll try to make it short. A thousand years ago, or so the story goes, the Warring Triad descended upon the world. Zurvan the Demon, Sephirot the Fiend and Sophia the Goddess. Their fight spread chaos and magic through the world, and the humans caught in the middle were infused with magic to become Espers. Seeing the destruction they wrought, the Warring Triad sealed their powers away and entered a state of suspended animation, with a warning not to be awoken. To ensure this would never happen, the Espers sealed themselves and the statue away in another world." She sighs deeply, shaking her head. "And of course. That didn't take. The Gestahlian Empire sought to expand it's power. The Emperor knew the stories of the Warring Triads, and he found the entrance to the Esper world. He kidnapped and enslaved countless Espers and did research on them to extract their magic. I was also one such subject. I had the essence of espers forcibly introduced into my body at a very young age. The emperor had me, Terra, a half-esper girl whom he controlled using a mind control circlet, and Kefka, who went mad in the process. And while we were capable of decimating entire platoons with our power, it wasn't enough. He sought out the Warring Triad, brought them out of the Esper World, and then lifted the whole continent into the air with the intent to rule the world as a sky fortress. Myself, Terra and the rest of the returners met him upon the Floating Continent to stop him." She waits for a moment, glancing aside, taking a sip of her cup, everything to buy some time for the next statement. "We failed. We underestimated the sheer... madness of Kefka. While the Emperor never intended to bring the Warring Triad out of alignment, after all that would be suicidal madness, none of us realised that Kefka was such a man gripped by a suicidal madness and endless thirst for power. He killed the Emperor, and in the chaos that ensued from the awaking triad we barely managed to escape to our airship. The violence of the apocalypse tore the airship apart, and the shock of magic awakening left me in coma for a year. I woke up to a desolate world ravaged by dragons and demons scouring the world, killing all they came across. Animals and plant life was scarce. And the few settlements that still existed lived in endless fear of the mad god Kefka, whom would randomly unleash his magical destruction upon the world just because it amused him." She looks up and glances about herself, a slight frown on her face. "I suppose I am rambling but... it is difficult to explain where I come from without this history. Thankfully, my story doesn't end on such a tragic note. I managed to gather up the Returners once more and together we took the fight to Kefka. We struck him down and ended his reign of wild magic upon the world. That happened three months ago. And ever since we've been working hard to rebuild the world. Which is slow working. There are still demons and dragons and behemoths that need subduing. But at least now we feel we have a chance to rebuild the world."

Rhyvurg
2018-01-20, 11:59 PM
"Then I am certain your world is not part of my universe. The Council would never stand for such calamity. The Four would have been sent, and we would have brought oblivion to Kefka and his madness."

WindStruck
2018-01-21, 12:04 AM
Celes's tale was quite a long and detailed one. And despite that, there were yet more questions, like what the Warring Triad was, and why they just couldn't stop fighting? But in the end, there was a lot of information to put in, and Shantae was definitely not in the mood for analyzing anything.

War's comment did raise a question from the half-genie woman, however: "So your council... were they aware of this 'confluence' going on?"

Ridai
2018-01-21, 05:54 AM
"Yeah, definitely different worlds. No apocalypses where I am from. The only war being one for the minds of the people, more or less."

Gum takes a sip. "Rider of the Apocalypse, magic knight world savior, transforming half-genie with great hair, girl who skates and sprays graffiti." A short beat of silence. "I'm feeling a little underdressed here." How does that even fit together? Couldn't they have gotten, like, some garden variety Chosen One with eff-you-superpowers and an improbable harem of love interests or something?

After a moment, Gum looks to her companions, then her smartphone, then where she is. And she hopes to whatever gods are there right now that she isn't meant to be that.

Rhyvurg
2018-01-21, 07:15 AM
Celes's tale was quite a long and detailed one. And despite that, there were yet more questions, like what the Warring Triad was, and why they just couldn't stop fighting? But in the end, there was a lot of information to put in, and Shantae was definitely not in the mood for analyzing anything.

War's comment did raise a question from the half-genie woman, however: "So your council... were they aware of this 'confluence' going on?"

"Yes, they know. That is why I was sent to investigate."

Gum takes a sip. "Rider of the Apocalypse, magic knight world savior, transforming half-genie with great hair, girl who skates and sprays graffiti." A short beat of silence. "I'm feeling a little underdressed here."

War glances at Gum's improbable neckline. "You are. But our worlds are so different, you may well be the strongest of us. Your boots have wheels that somehow let you keep pace with a Rider's steed. I have known some who might kill for that."

Maryring
2018-01-22, 02:09 PM
Celes offers Gum a warm smile as she shakes her head. "Don't sell yourself short. You do in many ways remind me of one of my own compatriots. A young girl named Relm. A brave if sassy one. She helped bring about the defeat of Kefka. Granted, she had the ability to make whatever she painted come to life, but she's nowhere near as quick on her feet as you are. The brave warrior leading from the front is usually the one who goes down in history, but then history forgets every supportive role that were just as vital to victory as actually being the one who can swing a blade."

Ridai
2018-01-22, 05:22 PM
War glances at Gum's improbable neckline. "You are."
Gum gives a "Ha!" Didn't expect the big guy to rise to the opportunity, but hey, the more you know.

And she did leave herself open to be pitied there by these folks. Oh boy. Play it cool, Gum. Nice people, though, in their own ways.

First move: wave stuff off.

"Only one way to find out if I can pull my weight here. And I'm fast, but I'd need to go downhill to keep up with Ruin. Rough terrain, curves, plain field or even uphill? Nah, nowhere near as fast. Going vertical, though, yeah, I'll probably be better at that." She takes a sip of mead, leaned back, one arm on the back rest, legs crossed. She glances to Celes. "Why do I get the feeling that you don't mean 'come to life' figuratively?"

Maryring
2018-01-22, 06:09 PM
"To put it like this. She once defeated an octopus monster by painting his picture."

Ridai
2018-01-22, 06:43 PM
Gum stops mid motion for a moment, then sips more mead, with some muffled bits and grumbles suspiciously sounding like "Goddamn cheatin' magic, would've kicked Rokkaku's ass ages ago with that stuff"

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-23, 03:56 PM
War glances at Gum's improbable neckline. "You are."

Hert snorts with laughter, clapping a hand over her mouth to hold herself back while War finishes. When he does, she apologizes. "I'm sorry! It's no disrespect at all-" she says with a gesture towards Shantae, "to either of you. There'll be an epidemic of broken teeth in Falkreath when all the men in town trip and fall over their own jaws when they see you! You just need something a bit heavier for the nights - it'll be a few weeks yet before fall begins in earnest. That's when the real cold will have just begun. I don't really have much in the way of furs to help you..." She ponders a moment, idly running a finger around the rim of her mug while she thinks out loud. "Falkreath doesn't have much in the way of seamsters. If you're on that way, check out the general store, Grey Pine Goods. They may have...OH! Nenya!" She suddenly perks up at some recollection. "In the Jarl's Longhouse, ask for the steward, Nenya! She's an elf, which rubs some the wrong way, but she's been serving Falkreath for as long as most of its citizens have been alive. The Jarl still owes me a bit for some timber they used to expand the Hall of the Dead, but tell Nenya that if she'll part with two of her fur cloaks, she'll only owe me half!" Hert grins mischievously. "She'll be galled at the prospect of parting with anything from her wardrobe, but she won't refuse a good deal when she sees one."

Celes offers Gum a warm smile as she shakes her head. "Don't sell yourself short. You do in many ways remind me of one of my own compatriots. A young girl named Relm. A brave if sassy one. She helped bring about the defeat of Kefka. Granted, she had the ability to make whatever she painted come to life, but she's nowhere near as quick on her feet as you are. The brave warrior leading from the front is usually the one who goes down in history, but then history forgets every supportive role that were just as vital to victory as actually being the one who can swing a blade."

Hert is quick to join in. "That's right! Besides, your friends say that you can fly about as quick as a horse! Skyrim produces many mighty warriors who take pride in throwing themselves into the thickest part of a battle. That means seeing folk in heavy metal armor, like War or Celes, is common. What isn't common is a woman that zooms like an arrow! *Schwooooo!*" Hert zooms her hand through the air to accompany her arrow sound-effect, nearly tipping over backwards off her seat on the bench as she does so. She awkwardly catches herself with another burst of raucous laughter. You suspect she's starting to feel that mead...

WindStruck
2018-01-23, 04:53 PM
Shantae smiles almost with a blush, but she supposed she was used to other men looking at her. On the other hand, she wasn't so used to being the only one or in such a cold climate for so long.

"Thanks! That's very kind. I'll think about it. I don't think we'll even be around that long for fall, hopefully..."

Rhyvurg
2018-01-23, 08:18 PM
Feeling more comfortable in the warm house, and with no sign of imminent conflict, War begin removing some pieces of his armor.

Ridai
2018-01-24, 05:17 AM
"There'll be an epidemic of broken teeth in Falkreath when all the men in town trip and fall over their own jaws when they see you!"
Gum groans. "Guess that's the same in all worlds. Great." She tried covering up at some point when the swarm of annoying brats was especially getting on her nerves, but that seemed to have no effect whatsoever, so she decided she can just wear whatever the hell she wants and if needed hit people in the head with a spray can or a skate.

"What isn't common is a woman that zooms like an arrow! *Schwooooo!*" Hert zooms her hand through the air to accompany her arrow sound-effect, nearly tipping over backwards off her seat on the bench as she does so. She awkwardly catches herself with another burst of raucous laughter. You suspect she's starting to feel that mead...
Gum slaps the table, a short burst of laughter chasing the gesture. Seriously, as far as adults go, this world is already way ahead of her own if there are any more people even somewhat like Hert. And that is weird.

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-24, 05:16 PM
Feeling more comfortable in the warm house, and with no sign of imminent conflict, War begin removing some pieces of his armor.

Hert watches as portions of you remove elements of your gear. "Shorsz bones, War - you really are a mountain of a man. At firsht I thought it was all the... Armor! Nordsh love a good fight, sho don't be shurprised if a shtranger ever tries to challenge you simply based on your...shize. Our folk mean no true harm and wouldn't fight to the death in such a case. We see combat as a means of testing one's worth!!" Hert begins taking a sip from her mug again, but stops herself short with a stern look and a wagging finger directed towards War. "But that only goes for someone who has the...the...Honor! The honor to shpeak with you before taking up arms! If they say nothing, or only speak of your coin, cut them down like the brigands they are!" With that, she attempts to finish that drink of mead and finds her mug sadly lacking. Checking the pot she used earlier to warm up the first batch, her (somewhat woozy) inspection finds its contents unacceptably low as well. "Ith-ink its time feranthr batsh! What shay you??"

WindStruck
2018-01-25, 05:12 AM
"Uh.. I think it might be time to turn in..." Shantae said reluctantly.

Geeze this lady is getting smashed pretty quick. Might not blame her though...

"Besides, if we get all drunk and hung over tonight, that'll probably cause some weird time-space paradox..."

Ridai
2018-01-25, 07:53 AM
Gum raises her hand. "Can't do, need to skate and save world tomorrow."

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-25, 03:18 PM
Hert seems only a bit deflated by your lack of interest in another round. "Well, I shupposh I should be grateful thatchou don't...drink me dry in your shtay. I'd never hear the end of it my hushband when he getsh back!"

Rather than sitting all the way back down on the bench, she posts both her arms on the table top and remains standing (yet leaning heavily on her arms). "Sho, shall we call it a night? I've jusht got the...the three fur blanketsh. Four, but one'sh for mah bed!" Hert plops a knee down onto the bench and transitions to what appears to be a playful attempt at an alluring pose, cupping one side of her face with a hand while she leans upon that arm, posting the elbow upon the table. She winks towards War. "I'm shorry but you can't share that one - I'm married!" She drops the pose and makes a sluggish sweeping gesture towards the rest of you. "It wouldn't be indeshent to share with any of you, though. All we have ish one shpare...and...thoshe other ones..." She pauses to collect her thoughts. "The other onesh! We ushe dem ash horshe blanketsh when the mershant that haulsh our timber staysh the night. Ooh! But we wash dem so'skay!"

Rhyvurg
2018-01-25, 07:33 PM
"I would not..." He doesn't finish, instead taking one of the blankets and moving to the far side of the room.

Ridai
2018-01-26, 01:38 AM
Gum rises and hooks her arm around Hert. "Let's get you to bed." She gestures good night to the others and helps Hert over to her bed. Not the first time she has taken care of someone who had a bit too much. She doesn't mind sharing a bed (and she doesn't mind snoring, one of Jazz's hallmarks; funny how a few rounds of Death Ball brings people together), the extra warmth is welcome.

As she tries to sleep, she wonders if her crew is okay back in Tokyo-to. And if Jazz is thinking of her right now.

WindStruck
2018-01-26, 04:36 PM
"Oh, you washed them....
Great. I'm sure that got all the fleas out and everything....." Shantae said trying not to be ungrateful about it.

Maryring
2018-01-26, 04:45 PM
"Thanks for taking her to bed Gum. I'll clean up here." Celes takes the plates and cups, conjuring small splashes of warm water to rinse them before leaving them out to dry before she too goes to sleep.

TheGreatJabu
2018-01-26, 05:50 PM
Gum rises and hooks her arm around Hert. "Let's get you to bed." She gestures good night to the others and helps Hert over to her bed. Not the first time she has taken care of someone who had a bit too much. She doesn't mind sharing a bed (and she doesn't mind snoring, one of Jazz's hallmarks; funny how a few rounds of Death Ball brings people together), the extra warmth is welcome.

Hert doesn't give you too much trouble - she's not terribly steady, but unlike some drunks she's not actively trying to resist your help to demonstrate just how sober she really isn't. It sounds like she mumbles something about "loggend afyr" as she pulls one of the furs over her head, and then promptly doses off to sleep before she can explain.